Morrissey Spotted At The Drums' London Old Blue Last Gig

picture.php

Who are these two little charmers?
that was shot in a roman pub, lovely indeed

This explains why the photographer didn't take the time to set up the shot properly -- she didn't know it was really him!!!!!

http://totallynotdepressed.blogspot.com/2010/04/this-charming-man.html

Thursday, April 1, 2010
this charming man

This is how I'll recall the momentous night i "met" morrissey to my teenage angst-ridden grandchildren when they start going to Sway in NY:

I was just merrily taking some photos for another vice job -- The Drums at The Old Blue Last. Who are they? Just another indie band. Snapping here, snapping there. Hey, that guy looks like Morrissey. That's funny! Vice will find that funny that a Morrissey doppleganger is running around Shoreditch with a cheesy blazer and chain necklace. The next day it was indeed confirmed that Morrissey was at the show. And Boy George too! Although apparently not together.

Come to think of it, I should have known it was him. He was standing on his own, and he left on his own, and he went home and cried and wanted to die. I spoke to quite a few people at the show and not one person mentioned anything about him.

f***ing hell. What a night.

img_3786-667x444.jpg

I don't care much for the look of those V-neck shirts.

My stupid signs that I stupidly see say that he was "pissed" whatever that means.

According to the Drums' website:

The Drums were born in late 2008 amidst an exciting and hopeful political climate. They self recorded and produced around fifteen songs while living in central florida and with big dreams and a batch of songs they believed in spent the beginning of 2009 saving money to move to New York City.

And from the Gigwise article:

He told a Gigwise source that he bought The Drums' 'Summertime!' EP on a trip to Rome and was hooked on them since.

Summertime EP was released in the UK in 12 October 2009.

So his trip to Rome must have happened within the past few months.
Good detective work Sweetness!
As Morrissey turned up at their gig, does this mean that The Drums will be the next support act for the next Morrissey tour? That's the usual pattern!
That Surfing song seems a bit summertime listening and cheery for our Moz or is their other stuff different?

Good detective work Sweetness!
As Morrissey turned up at their gig, does this mean that The Drums will be the next support act for the next Morrissey tour? That's the usual pattern!
That Surfing song seems a bit summertime listening and cheery for our Moz or is their other stuff different?

It's a bit Smithsy in that the tunes are hoppin but the lyrics are fairly depressing. :D My kind of music!

It's a bit Smithsy in that the tunes are hoppin but the lyrics are fairly depressing. :D My kind of music!

Thanks Dailyalice, that explains his interest a bit more, he always did like bands/singers in his own mould (or should that be mold?!)
Mind you the lead singer does look kinda cute...:)

picture.php

Nice to know that his presence just isn't enough. (Ref: Morrissey shirt)

Back
Top Bottom