Morrissey signed to new management: Peter Katsis - Mirror UK

Bigmouth signs again: Morrissey set for surprise comeback after battling throat cancer - The Mirror

Peter Katsis, apparently. Also mentions a new album.

Excerpt:

The ex-Smiths frontman has signed with new management, which could pave the way for his first new record in three years.

Bizarrely, the moody star has hooked up with a music boss linked to some of the world’s cheeriest pop acts.

Morrissey, 57, whose hits include Bigmouth Strikes Again, has done a deal with Peter Katsis, who worked with One Direction, the Backstreet Boys and Enrique Iglesias.

He is a partner at Deckstar Management and a source said: “Morrissey is being looked after by Peter, who’s been spending a lot of time with him in LA. He’s one of the best in the business and has worked with everyone from One Direction to Snoop Dogg and is managing The Smashing Pumpkins and Culture Club.

“Peter is really excited about Morrissey’s new music and getting him back in the studio. He’s focused and in good health.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Well he needs some inspiration to get out of his bed. I don't blame him. And if it isn't to get on stage and enjoying himself and the audience it would be to get in the studio recording, composing and to make that album with his colleagues, friends and employees.
I reckon it would make him happy.
That was the good part of WPINOYB.
And the sad part after that would make me very unhappy too cause it was a very good album with a great variety and Moz on top of it all. It was tragic and unavoidable, apparently.
Maybe it will turn up right for him this time.

For sure, what I was trying to say is that it seems that any management over the years had little to no influence over anything Morrissey did. It would be great to get back to a time when managers, record contracts, etc. was something we knew nothing about and we just saw a steady stream of releases (think 1988-1997).

Reckon I knew Snoopy Dog would hook up Vanilla Steve. They are so buddy buddy at the Dodger games.

Bull ox! Instead of saying he is "spending a lot of time with him in LA" It should say he is spending a lot of time with him in Sweden so he won't have to pay taxes, or Rome, or Istanbowl, or Ice Land, or Portgull, Morrissey would never live in LA. America is not the world! Warm summer days indoors...bla bla bla

For sure, what I was trying to say is that it seems that any management over the years had little to no influence over anything Morrissey did. It would be great to get back to a time when managers, record contracts, etc. was something we knew nothing about and we just saw a steady stream of releases (think 1988-1997).

Of course you are right. 100%!
In a way I like him just because of that.
Just imagine all those managers having a great influence on him.
And on his music and artistic integrity. That can't be good.
Maybe he would have been 10 times richer then he is now but I wonder if his music would be that good.
It is a crossroads situation now.
Staying a culticon for ever or becoming a commercially successful (for both parties) great popstar.

I think it is a matter of trust.
That doesn't come very easily in the music business as we and Moz know. And he knows it first handedly for over 34 years!
The thing with trust is, you have to delegate certain financial and business issues to a person you trust.
In an area you don't want to spend all your energy for cause you need that for your artistic goals.
Ah well, maybe he will get it done as he wants finally.
Maybe there will be such a person at last that really gets on with him.
Let's hope!

Take anything from the Mirror with a pinch of salt.
Think national enquirer, but worse and you are there.
The cancer 'battle' seems to have blossomed in to a fully realised story that the press are regurgitating - yet have very little to substantiate it which just complicates matters. His business is his business, but vague comments about something potentially life threatening have opened a can of worms for the media to distort.
Regards,
FWD.

Take anything from the Mirror with a pinch of salt.
Think national enquirer, but worse and you are there.
The cancer 'battle' seems to have blossomed in to a fully realised story that the press are regurgitating - yet have very little to substantiate it which just complicates matters. His business is his business, but vague comments about something potentially life threatening have opened a can of worms for the media to distort.
Regards,
FWD.

This is like a recipe. take one can of worms, add a pinch of salt, try not to regurgitate.

Of course you are right. 100%!
In a way I like him just because of that.
Just imagine all those managers having a great influence on him.
And on his music and artistic integrity. That can't be good.
Maybe he would have been 10 times richer then he is now but I wonder if his music would be that good.
It is a crossroads situation now.
Staying a culticon for ever or becoming a commercially successful (for both parties) great popstar.

I think it is a matter of trust.
That doesn't come very easily in the music business as we and Moz know. And he knows it first handedly for over 34 years!
The thing with trust is, you have to delegate certain financial and business issues to a person you trust.
In an area you don't want to spend all your energy for cause you need that for your artistic goals.
Ah well, maybe he will get it done as he wants finally.
Maybe there will be such a person at last that really gets on with him.
Let's hope!

Hey QQQ, well, I guess I'm approaching it only from a business and professional standpoint - not creatively. No manager is going to tell Morrissey what his next song should be about.

However, if management can help salvage professional relationships for him then awesome. Case in point, I don't believe the Harvest Records partnership had to go so badly. Remember it was supposed to be a two album deal - it's almost three years later and here we are with no new Morrissey songs. No one is benefiting from what is turning into wilderness years in between each album.

It's not as though Morrissey expressed a desire to no longer record. So, why hasn't it happened and is this where management can help?

Last edited:
Hey QQQ, well, I guess I'm approaching it only from a business and professional standpoint - not creatively. No manager is going to tell Morrissey what his next song should be about.

However, if management can help salvage professional relationships for him then awesome. Case in point, I don't believe the Harvest Records partnership had to go so badly. Remember it was supposed to be a two album deal - it's almost three years later and here we are with no new Morrissey songs. No one is benefiting from what is turning into wilderness years in between each album.

It's not as though Morrissey expressed a desire to no longer record. So, why hasn't it happened and is this where management can help?

Dunno.
Let's ask Moz.
Abrahan, where are you? he seems to trust you.
Can't you ask him?
I don't think he would mind if you asked him.

What Morrissey needs is a mediator between himself and the record labels. Past management i assume will of done little in any deal, so it would of likely of been a cold meeting with the label boss with Moz and his high priced lawyer.

A good mediator will be able to settle their core differences and keep Moz and the label happy.

What Morrissey needs is a mediator between himself and the record labels. Past management i assume will of done little in any deal, so it would of likely of been a cold meeting with the label boss with Moz and his high priced lawyer.

A good mediator will be able to settle their core differences and keep Moz and the label happy.

Yes. I agree.
But,...... a mediator he can trust.
I guess that could be a problem.
Sorry for speculating cause actually we don't know.
I mean not for sure.

Queue up Cher's, "If I Could Turn Back Time." We can only speculate how differently things post Maladjusted would have looked if he'd had a strong mediator by his side.

During this interlude (2001), I ran into Morrissey outside of the El Rey in Los Angeles. After trying not to gush too terribly, I asked when we'll hear some new material. His reply, "I don't know, some time during the next 10 years."

Last edited:
The Quarry era seemed to strike the perfect balance of creative freedom, "comeback" excitement (if Morrissey didn't consider it one, why the massive '68 Comeback letters?) and commercial success. Morrissey likes and wants a team working away to make that happen. And a good producer.

He'll never go the DIY, home brew route. Hopefully this ultra commercial manager gives Moz one last shot at mainstream success, on M's terms!

What absolute c***ish journalism from a rag that you wouldn't wipe your arse on.
I post this knowing it's going to draw ire...but do people really talk like this? What is it with the 'c' word that you English, or whatever you are, feel like you need to use that word. It's disgusting.

I know in America (yes, we are the world, and it drives the rest of you NUTs), people very rarely use that word. Even the worst of the worst stay away from it.

Off topic, but a plea to speak like an adult.

Who cares who he signs with? Let's just hope we get 1 or 2 more albums of new Moz material...:thumb:

Agree. Nothing against morrissey but I can imagine some of those conversations getting tense and awkward. Good news

Back
Top Bottom