Morrissey petitions Just Jeans and Portmans to stop using angora wool ahead of Australia concerts

Re: Morrissey petitions parent company of Just Jeans and Portmans to stop using angora wool

We've seen it so, so many tmes before a tour. Name in papers, drum up a stink, sell tickets. Also the statement out of nowhere about Glastonbury comes hot on the heels of him getting a roasting about that video. It's playing the game, that's all it is.

P

even if it is a game to be played which i dont think it is i do enjoy the dual purpose of starting the conversation. could have been a statement about anything to drum up news but he choose, however cynically you think, to make it a conversation about this subject which i like. even in the cynicism you think hes operating under it still seems a win win imo. id never even heard the term before now but down to him i and probably many other now do.

Re: Morrissey petitions parent company of Just Jeans and Portmans to stop using angora wool

That's wonderful, too, bored. I'm pretty sure he's targeting the big companies that buy from the rabbit farms...where it's not humane...where it's terrible.

Well that's the problem with Morrissey isn't it. Constant overgeneralization. He proves incapable of steering clear of the prefabricated speech his Sect buddies prepares for him.

Like, he starts telling us about that Glasto guy, and instead of developping he starts telling us about the way milk is produced. How does Michael Eavis treat his cows? How many has he got? Have they got a favourite programme besides Emmerdale? We'll never know, because he's started reciting his little propaganda.
He's not a complete idiot, I'm pretty sure he could convince more if he used his own brain. Perhaps he thinks he isn't educated enough or something. It's just weird the way he relies on these people.

If he had the right sunglasses, I'm sure he could see them for what they are...

...And...If he followed his own instinct, intelligence and heart, who knows what he might accomplish! ...Okay yes okay, now I'm kidding. :D

We've seen it so, so many tmes before a tour. Name in papers, drum up a stink, sell tickets. Also the statement out of nowhere about Glastonbury comes hot on the heels of him getting a roasting about that video. It's playing the game, that's all it is.

P

Why are you so bothered, thought you were too busy with your wife and kids?

I agree that it's a "win-win" situation. I wouldn't doubt for a second his concern for animal rights, but the timing is very calculated to get his name and concert dates in the media.
His "business model" is unique in the world of rock as its inextricable from his personal beliefs.
(No comments about cheese or leather, por favor -- Moz has done more for animals than every person on this site put together).

even if it is a game to be played which i dont think it is i do enjoy the dual purpose of starting the conversation. could have been a statement about anything to drum up news but he choose, however cynically you think, to make it a conversation about this subject which i like. even in the cynicism you think hes operating under it still seems a win win imo. id never even heard the term before now but down to him i and probably many other now do.

Well, I certainly prefer his way more than, for example, Johnny Marr's. He never says anything on the subject at all. Sure he is vegan but that actually doesn't mean anything. I know many people who are vegetarian or vegan because it is supposed to be "healthy" and not because they care about animal welfare. Apart from that I once had a wonderful conversation with Chrissie Hynde and she told me that Moz often feels ashamed because he isn't as "active" as she is but she said that he apparently writes many passionate letters to companies instead and tries to do his bit that way. Furthermore she told me that in the "wilderness years" he worked a lot for the Animal Rescue Service in Los Angeles but she didn't specify what he did exactly. So, I think it is possible that he does things in private without consulting the public.

I agree that it's a "win-win" situation. I wouldn't doubt for a second his concern for animal rights, but the timing is very calculated to get his name and concert dates in the media.
His "business model" is unique in the world of rock as its inextricable from his personal beliefs.
(No comments about cheese or leather, por favor -- Moz has done more for animals than every person on this site put together).

back at ya. i mean morrisssey is a songwriter with an interest in animal rights activism not an animal rights activist who sometimes makes records. im very ok with that and stacked up to other popular artists of his fame i see him clearly as standing above most others on the subject.

Re: Morrissey petitions Just Jeans and Portmans to stop using angora wool ahead of Australia concert

agree with skinny, its the same thing all over again.
tickets for the usa shows, im told are very very flat, so the act is getting old and ineffective.

Maybe Morrissey could play a gig in Hong Kong....it would be a way of 'healing' his relationship with Chinese consumers as well as getting to protest the source of the supply alongside the demand. He *might* want to use this image as a stage back-drop just to show everyone he no longer thinks Chinese people are a 'sub-species' and he's sorry for his racist outburst about them.

Really, really disappointed at the continuing lack of response to this thead. It's like when you all turn your heads during 'Meat Is Murder' to update your Facebook pages. Doesn't ANYBODY HERE CARE ABOUT THE RABBITS!

best
BB

View attachment 34046

“No Blood For Vanity!” Hong Kong Animal Right Activists Protest the Fur Fair"

More than 100 animal rights activists protested against fur fair on February 25, 2015. Photo from Che Siaoyang Facebook.

Wow BB that's a lot of posts for 15 mins a day. Are you sure you are not lurking here all the time ?

That's wonderful, too, bored. I'm pretty sure he's targeting the big companies that buy from the rabbit farms...where it's not humane...where it's terrible.

Right.. I just don't want people to think anything angora is bad.. it's similar to the opposite notion that organic food is good. Some of it is.. but there are hundreds of sprays that are acceptable for use by those who certify food as organic. Beyond that, just because something is organic it doesn't mean it's good for the planet. Getting fresh strawberries from 3000 miles away doesn't seem very organic. Also, since strawberries have such a short shelf life, they are picked when they are still white and they spray them with nitrogen during shipping to get them to turn red. So while they look ripe, they never finished releasing their natural sugars and don't taste very sweet.. but there they are in New York City in January.. bright red and certified organic.

For most people, it all comes down to convenience. I can buy eggs from an egg factory 2 blocks from my house at a store or I can drive 3 miles and get farm fresh eggs from free range chickens that eat real food with no hormones or anti-biotics. Most people aren't willing to make the effort. Most people aren't willing to spend the extra money and time for the best choice but alas, it's called a choice for a reason.

Re: Morrissey petitions Just Jeans and Portmans to stop using angora wool ahead of Australia concert

This is abhorrent. I had no idea those stores did this or even sold angora products. I don't shop there but I know they are very popular stores. I don't think there's a teenage girl in Australia who doesn't shop at Portmans or Dotti.

Go get 'em Mozzer!

Have you read Morrissey's statement on Glastonbury Festival and the dairy industry?

best
BB

next uk tour we will find brummie and benny on the guest list, standing front and center next to julia whilst being handed the mic by moz himself. maybe a few go go girls with 'groovy' kneecap boots gyrating on stage as well.
o well.

next uk tour we will find brummie and benny on the guest list, standing front and center next to julia whilst being handed the mic by moz himself. maybe a few go go girls with 'groovy' kneecap boots gyrating on stage as well.
o well.

An amusing image. But BB & BB are not the same. I'm a vegan, he's a butcher. We wouldn't get on and our alliance was only that of generals on a battlefield. This is one battle won, but there are others ahead....

best
BB

o well.

I would rather be an advisor for Steven, first thing I would do ? Sack the whole 4kin lawnmower parts ! Every bastard one of em.
Second ! Arrange a meeting with Alain Whyte.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

agree with skinny, its the same thing all over again.
tickets for the usa shows, im told are very very flat, so the act is getting old and ineffective.

They haven't even officially gone on sale yet. There are pre sales, but I think it would be a little bit early for anyone to declare them "flat."

never to late to arrange alains return.

'By selling angora wool, you're sending the message to millions of shoppers that your company condone the barbaric abuse and slaughter of rabbits and are willing to perpetuate it.'

...He said as he wore Italian leather shoes.

Of course it's calculated. Why wouldn't it be? I on the other hand think he's using his concert dates in the media to spread his message about animal rights. Same as your comment but I see it the other way around.

Of course it's calculated. Why wouldn't it be? I on the other hand think he's using his concert dates in the media to spread his message about animal rights. Same as your comment but I see it the other way around.

I am pretty sure he did a similar open letter to Uniqlo about the sourcing of their wool before some Japan concerts. The timing makes sense to push his agenda around animal rights & get local media response.

gotta be on to something if im agreeing with marred

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom