Morrissey interview in Corriere.it (Italian); cancer confirmation?

Re: Morrissey interview in Corriere.it (Italian); cancer confirmation?

I can't deal with these translations. I'll believe it when it comes from his mouth in his native language.

Re: Morrissey interview in Corriere.it (Italian); cancer confirmation?

Thanks sad veiled bride! (I hope you caught the other day he said Kick the Bride down the Aisle was about Princess Kate. :p You were sad about that when the titles were released.)

ah, no, I didn't know that! Well, I thought the line 'she just wants a slave to break his back in pursuit of a living wage' was about the husband, but it doesn't exactly fit Prince William...

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with everyone? Getting cancer scrapings is a PREVENTATIVE MEASURE to ensure someone doesn't have or gets cancer! This does not mean that someone HAS cancer! MORONS!

Thanks for the CAPS LOCK. I think EVERYONE should use UPPERCASE. Including BOOKS. We could all read a book in MINUTES just by focusing on the IMPORTANT WORDS that the AUTHOR wants us to READ. Music could be made in UPPERCASE. How do I make the caps lock button on my keyboard BIGGER?
Is there a way for me to think in UPPERCASE to save myself TIME?

"I think that Bowie does not live in the UK since 1973 and even Mick Jagger from the 60s. I do not understand why they should have feelings on the matter. It 'far too easy for rich people to have an opinion when the outcome of the referendum had no effect whatsoever on their lives. "

Neither has Morrissey lived in the UK for many years, and clearly has no interest in living there, why should he have an opinion exactly?

Morrissey does not live in UK beacuse otherwise Joyce would suck all the blood out of him. Bowie and Jagger have no such issues, as far as I can remember. Moreover, according to his repeated statements living in the UK would make him a UK tax payer, therefore a contributor to the Royal family. Possibly the least of his wishes.

Anyway, since Italian is my native language, let's just say that this Corriere article is far more reassuring than the El Mundo one.
That said, do I expect Morrissey to further elaborate on this topic? Heck, no.

What the hell is wrong with everyone? Getting cancer scrapings is a PREVENTATIVE MEASURE to ensure someone doesn't have or gets cancer! This does not mean that someone HAS cancer! MORONS!

I've been yelling these exact words to the world for the past few days. A close relative of mine had cancer scrapings as a preemptive measure. Didn't get a cancer diagnose (at all). Or cancer, for that matter.
Point is: WE DON'T KNOW.

Morrissey does not live in UK beacuse otherwise Joyce would suck all the blood out of him. .

Actually, Morrissey does have at least one residence in the UK (not telling you where, stalkers!) though I wouldn't be surprised if he spent most of each year living abroad as a tax exile.

I got an Italian friend to translate a few bits:

"I've had cancer but i'm way more alive than a lot of zombie-like youth"

HAD. Very clear about the past tense, my friend was. Remember that bandage on his hand? Maybe that was a thing, maybe not, maybe Barrett's, maybe not, but the past tense is clear.

Also:

"I've had some shocking experiences, but this is something that can happen to anybody. Nowadays everyone seem to be dying of cancer, i believe it's due to the pollution, industries and modern medicine. We're all under attack"

And finally, a bit about Bowie, a little dig, as ever!

"{about Scotland} I believe Bowie hasn't lived here since 1973, and Mick Jagger since the 60s. I don't understand why they have strong feelings about it, it's just too easy for rich people to have an option when it has no consequence on their lives"

So ok, just sayin - he says it's not current according to this interview. He wouldn't be playing live if he was still ill.

Thanks for the CAPS LOCK. I think EVERYONE should use UPPERCASE. Including BOOKS. We could all read a book in MINUTES just by focusing on the IMPORTANT WORDS that the AUTHOR wants us to READ. Music could be made in UPPERCASE. How do I make the caps lock button on my keyboard BIGGER?
Is there a way for me to think in UPPERCASE to save myself TIME?

I can't suffer fools.

I remember a while ago Morrissey was suffering from Barrett's esophagus. This would probably be some years ago now, I can't remember exactly when.

Morrissey leads a relatively healthy lifestyle he doesn't smoke, drink or take drugs. Also he is a vegetarian. I hope whatever he maybe suffering from (or not as the case maybe) he gets the help and support he needs.

I remember a while ago Morrissey was suffering from Barrett's esophagus. This would probably be some years ago now, I can't remember exactly when.

Morrissey leads a relatively healthy lifestyle he doesn't smoke, drink or take drugs. Also he is a vegetarian. I hope whatever he maybe suffering from (or not as the case maybe) he gets the help and support he needs.
who said he doesnt drink? He does.

Btw that illness wasnt a couple of years ago, alot more recent than than that.

The lyric in Neal Cassady Drops Dead....."mine is melanoma"? Cancer "scraping"?

who said he doesnt drink? He does.

Btw that illness wasnt a couple of years ago, alot more recent than than that.
Which alcoholic beverages does Morrissey like?

I could imagine him liking organic, vegan, red wine or something like that.

The silence from the Morrissey camp is very odd. Will the expansive media coverage of the revelation, you'd think he'd comment in English about it.

Last edited:
I think that Morrissey first started getting ill around 2009. Before then he seemed really healthy. I don't know what other people think?

If Moz is on any medications, it might not be wise to mix them with alcohol. I know Moz has been on antidepressants in the past. You aren't meant to drink alcohol with antidepressants, as alcohol is a depressant.

Last edited:
I think Morrissey first started getting ill around 2009. Before then he seemed really healthy. I don't know what other people think?

If Moz is on any medications, it might not be wise to mix them with alcohol. I know Moz has been on antidepressants in the past. You aren't meant to drink alcohol with antidepressants, as alcohol is a depressant.

Stop giving him medical advice.

He was sick dating back to The Smiths, and he also had meningitis in 2004.

Stop giving him medical advice.

He was sick dating back to The Smiths, and he also had meningitis in 2004.
I am not a qualified medical doctor and I wasn't trying to give Morrissey medical advice. I am sure Morrissey has his own doctors who can give him medical advice.

I don't think Morrissey likes this Moz-solo website at all. I doubt he comes on here. Even if he did come on here to have a look, I doubt he would read my posts.

It sounds like Morrissey has had a lot of health issues both mental and physical for a lot of his life. You know a lot more about Morrissey and his health than I do.

If Morrissey is sick in anyway then I hope he gets the help he needs. I know that with some medications it isn't wise to mix them with alcohol. The reason I know this is from my own experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom