Morrissey goes "Electronic".

J

Johnny

Well I have it from my source at the Wool Hall that there is definate"electronic" tinge to Morrissey's newest tracks.Martin Boorer has laid down several tracks using sequencers and featuring what can only be described as"groovy bass lines".
Morrissey was seen in several pubs in Camden over the weeken.I expect this will be confirmed by the music press this week.
I will post any further updates on Thursday.

> Well I have it from my source at the Wool Hall that there is
> definate"electronic" tinge to Morrissey's newest
> tracks.Martin Boorer has laid down several tracks using
> sequencers and featuring what can only be described
> as"groovy bass lines".
> Morrissey was seen in several pubs in Camden over the weeken.I
> expect this will be confirmed by the music press this week.
> I will post any further updates on Thursday.

Keep in touch...we need this.

hnia

Re: Morrissey goes 'Electronic'.

> Keep in touch...we need this.

> hnia
We DO need this information more than anyone can know. And as I mull over my pasta I pray that Johnny, like dolmio, is a reliable source. xxx

Re: Morrissey goes 'Electronic'.

> We DO need this information more than anyone can know. And as I
> mull over my pasta I pray that Johnny, like dolmio, is a
> reliable source. xxx

I don't know why anyone would waste their time adding more rumour and speculation to his eagerly awaited album?

Must be something in the water, if this guy is ill?

hnia

> as"groovy bass lines".

Camden is about 3 hours driving time from Bath....that's a hell of a pub crawl.

weirdness #2

why is Joe Strummer producing an electronic album?
Why is Boz playing bass?
Are you on drugs?!?!?!?!?

Aha! Proof that this is @#!!!.

As directed to me by someone...and I wish they had written 10 minutes sooner...*wink*, this is an excerpt of an interview posted on this very website where some guy is interviewing Joe Strummer in a magazine called The Big Takeover on the possibility of producing Morrissey.....

>>>
JR: I like to ride ‘em, I do. He was a nice guy; he could take it. That would have been nice to see: The Smiths in a small club. As a result, I never saw them until they played the Beacon Theater, far less intimate, a year and a half later, after they’d already been discovered. Would have been great, huh?
Joe: I saw Morrissey not too long ago. Well, probably years ago now. I got a call one day: “Morrissey wants you to produce his next album.” [Jack laughs] And I went, “Alright, who is this? Stop shaggin’ around.” And he went, “No, I’m Terry” from whatever label, I can’t remember, but he was serious. So we went up to see him. It was this horrible show where he was supporting David Bowie at Wembley Arena.

JR: I remember when they did that tour, yeah. Bowie was covering his song “I Know It’s Gonna Happen Someday,” which was a rip-off of Bowie’s “Rock n’ Roll Suicide,” which itself was no coincidence, since Mick Ronson produced that LP for Morrissey. So I am sure he was very serious about having you produce him. He likes working with his old heroes. You know he wrote a book on The New York Dolls before he was in The Smiths—I bet he would ask Thunders to produce him if he was still alive!
Joe: Ahh, but I wasn’t having it. The whole situation was beginning to piss me off. And his manager—it was a lady at the time—she came to me before the show and said, “So, what do you think?” And I said [snaps fingers], because I knew what he wanted to do. He wanted to cover “Can’t Explain,” that was part of the initial phone message. And I tried to imagine Morrissey singing “Got a feelin’ inside…” And I thought this was a stupid idea! So I said, “No, no. I’ve got a plan for Morrissey.” And they went “what is it?” I said, “Let’s have him cover ‘Pop Music’ by M.

JR: Whew. That would have put them off. I never liked that song.
Joe: I wanted to poke them with a stick. You see what I mean? Because the idea of trying to redo “Can’t Explain”—I couldn’t see the point of it. And I threw that in to see what they’d say, and Morrissey threw it right out! He just freaked out and left the venue.

>>

Now, after all of T H A T, would Morrissey be insane enough to approach him AGAIN and would Joe Strummer do a complete 180 and agree to produce some guy that he said was crap? That would be embarassing for both of them.

> as"groovy bass lines".

Oh surely. And expect Johnny Marr to drop by, play flute and ukulele.

Oops - I ruined your Thursday announcement. Sorry.

Regards,
Mozzissey, Camden, London.

> Camden is about 3 hours driving time from Bath....that's a hell
> of a pub crawl.

The Spread Eagle is in Camden Town, London.

Meet you there.

Re: weirdness #2

> why is Joe Strummer producing an electronic album?
> Why is Boz playing bass?
> Are you on drugs?!?!?!?!?

Very well put! Thanks.

M.

Re: Aha! Proof that this is @#!!! .

At least SOMEONE did their homework.

> Oh surely. And expect Johnny Marr to drop by, play flute and
> ukulele.

> Oops - I ruined your Thursday announcement. Sorry.

> Regards,
> Mozzissey, Camden, London.

Ok Bollocks to it then I shall not post the updates no more.I live in london and i am quite aware of the driving distance to london from Bath.I know Boz is not normally a Bass guitarist but this is preliminary studio work.Boz plays ALL instruments on his solo album"My Wild Life's Gonna get me Down"(Even Drums).

Morrissey is a huge Clash fan and it amazes me that EVERYONE does not know this.Strummer is NOT new to production duties.

As for the magazine mentioned i have never heard of that.
Goodbye
Johnny

This is all getting very interesting.

So, if "Johnny" is correct, Boz is recording in Bath... and Moz is in London.
Have they been seen together, or is Boz, just as Alain, doing a side-track activity?

I guess that's the missing link, no?

> This is all getting very interesting.

> So, if "Johnny" is correct, Boz is recording in
> Bath... and Moz is in London.
> Have they been seen together, or is Boz, just as Alain, doing a
> side-track activity?

> I guess that's the missing link, no?

Think about it Dan.Boz has his own recording studio in London.Why would he go to Bath to record his own stuff ?.Check his website which gives all the details of Boz's own studio in leafy Hampstead.

> Think about it Dan.Boz has his own recording studio in
> London.Why would he go to Bath to record his own stuff ?.Check
> his website which gives all the details of Boz's own studio in
> leafy Hampstead.

the studio is at present taken? I dunno.
Let's hear.
Why would Moz record in Bath if Boz has his own?

I don't think the fact that Boz is doing bass lines is unlikely, as someone pointed out - most guitarists who really live off their strings know how to get decent sounds out of a bass - but what does that mean for the rest of the lads?
Bass and keyboards are comfortable when composing songs, ... so, if it's still so premature, why already recording, ... or will it be a long, very long session?

Well, let's see.

Dan L.

> the studio is at present taken? I dunno.
> Let's hear.
> Why would Moz record in Bath if Boz has his own?

> I don't think the fact that Boz is doing bass lines is unlikely,
> as someone pointed out - most guitarists who really live off
> their strings know how to get decent sounds out of a bass - but
> what does that mean for the rest of the lads?
> Bass and keyboards are comfortable when composing songs, ... so,
> if it's still so premature, why already recording, ... or will
> it be a long, very long session?

> Well, let's see.

> Dan L.

Dan,

Look at Boz's homepage for studio details.www.bozboorer.co .uk. Boz's studio is at his home(16 track).The Wool Hall is basically a huge state of the art Studio with accommodation etc and a lovely rural setting.

> The Spread Eagle is in Camden Town, London.

> Meet you there.

meet me there? I'm in @#!!!ing austin!!! i went through London back in november. if anyone of the english persuasion had any interest in meeting me, that was the time. otherwise, you can buy yourself a plane ticket and stand in line behind all the rest of the leches!

> Ok Bollocks to it then I shall not post the updates no more.I
> live in london and i am quite aware of the driving distance to
> london from Bath.I know Boz is not normally a Bass guitarist but
> this is preliminary studio work.Boz plays ALL instruments on his
> solo album"My Wild Life's Gonna get me Down"(Even
> Drums).

You live in LONDON and know whats going on with accuracy in BATH?!?!?!

> Morrissey is a huge Clash fan and it amazes me that EVERYONE
> does not know this.Strummer is NOT new to production duties.

well, yes, he can be as old as Methusaleh when it comes to being in the studio, but after reading that he basically took a piss take on Morrissey, you've got to expect that some of us are not exactly going to believe what you write.

"hey, there's this guy that really hated morrissey enough to try and piss him off at the bowie gig that is now producing his latest album on a non-existant record label"

do you know how this reads?

and this is me we're talking about. i would love more than anything to show up and read that morrissey was back in the studio making his happy little albums, but if you had posted a more plausible story like the wicked witch of the east had a house dropped on her, I would believe it.

not specific offense taken on you. I just can't imagine morrissey EVER entering a studio again. He'll be at K-Mart signing copies of "Bona Drag, The House Remixes" before that happens.

> As for the magazine mentioned i have never heard of that.

it was on the website newsboard a while ago....

> Goodbye
> Johnny

> Look at Boz's homepage for studio details.www.bozboorer.co .uk.
> Boz's studio is at his home(16 track).The Wool Hall is basically
> a huge state of the art Studio with accommodation etc and a
> lovely rural setting.

OK. went there. There were on the NEWS page, no hints to a recording session. It SHOULD be news, no?

if everything is written down, as Morrissey admitted, then where are the rest of the lads, and why aren't they recording yet?

If its' prepping, Boz can indeed do that at home. Why is he all alone at Wool Hall? If Boz is indeed in Bath, recording stuff, it will probably be his own. Besides, is he back from Holland yet?

Help. Scepsis is taking over.

Back
Top Bottom