Morrissey and the hardcore/punk connection

I know at this point I’m probably just talking to myself but today in the mail I received a sweet Morrissey / Unbroken mash up tee.

raising my hand here for sure fred though weve talked about this before in another thread in the other music section. were also the same age and from the same region and probably somewhat exposed to the same stuff. so yes, a very large yes. even mention it in the movie slc punk which i think is still pretty good for what it was. dont know why theyre making a sequel that follows a dead character though. im currently pretending that doesnt exist since it seems stupid. best band i found in slc punk was drive like jehu just to add a random anecdote. such a great band that forced its way onto major no less.

raising my hand here for sure fred though weve talked about this before in another thread in the other music section. were also the same age and from the same region and probably somewhat exposed to the same stuff. so yes, a very large yes. even mention it in the movie slc punk which i think is still pretty good for what it was. dont know why theyre making a sequel that follows a dead character though. im currently pretending that doesnt exist since it seems stupid. best band i found in slc punk was drive like jehu just to add a random anecdote. such a great band that forced its way onto major no less.

“Yank Crime” is my shit!

I can actually recall that the final catalyst for me going to seek out albums by The Smiths was an interview in some zine (Chord, I think) with John LaCroix from Ten Yard Fight where he listed his favorite bands and one of them was The Smiths, alongside Gorilla Biscuits and others.

i was really happy that when i saw local h he had a drive like jehu sticker on his vox. i had to yell luah and he smiled.

Back
Top Bottom