Morrissey abandons show after been smacked on head by crowd missile

He was hit by a plastic bottle and then bails?! I can't believe he didn't get the fans to turn in the asshole and then go on performing. It seems to me like he was looking for an excuse to quit...and he found one. How many thousands of fans showed up for this, anyways?!

Let's face it, some Morrissey fans are idiots.
I have witnessed too many incidents to mention.

unbelievably, this event has made the front page of the BBC news website!
a plastic container with some liquid hits a pop star. he walks off the stage (apparently suffering no physical damage) and it's front page news. ludicrous.

Morrissey had every right to walk off after this incident. Some points:

1) He has been ill on this tour and collapsed on stage. As such he has the right to expect people not to throw bottles at him. A little consideration would not go amiss.

2) It is rather rude and lowbrow to throw bottles at an artist anyway.

btw, whats up with the rule on flowers at gigs!? me and my gf tried to take some DAFODILS in with us and were told we wernt allowed and that Morrissey had "said he didnt want any there" - surely not!?

A thing like that would make me feel annoyed too. When I would be there to entertain people. I wouldn't expect someone to throw a bottle at me like that. I would expect more respect from other people than that.
Too bad some selfish moron had to ruin it for the rest.
I also feel for the other fans (or should I write "fans" and skip "the other"), that the show ended becuse of something they didn't do, or couldn't control.
I hope Moz feels better soon.

Apparently one of the blokes had grey spiky hair was wearing a green jacket.
Both of them over 45 and from Burnley and Warrington.

so was anyone near them?

flowers

btw, whats up with the rule on flowers at gigs!? me and my gf tried to take some DAFODILS in with us and were told we wernt allowed and that Morrissey had "said he didnt want any there" - surely not!?

In May 2006 Liverpool Symphonic Hall we had seats in the third row.
A security guard was trying to confiscate flowers from my friend.
She managed to persuade the security guard that she'd ask friends who were sitting in side seats to keep them for her.

Morrissey's first ever gig in Japan, Fukuoka August 1991 the venue didn't allow people to bring flowers.
However, we're allowed to bring them in Yokohama Arena.

drinking at concerts is bad, people should stop :straightface:
just do something like e or just pot
booze and concerts just never works out for most people, I would not mind them banning booze from Moz shows actually :cool:

and for the record, I hope Morrissey and his "people" know that the violent sort of treatment he receives in Liverpool will not be repeated here in California :straightface:

It was one idiot throwing a cup, hardly a characterisation of an entire city. :( I was there and can assure you most of the fans seemed like good people who just wanted to enjoy the gig - the ones near me were even good humoured after the lights went up.

Like the rest of us Morrissey will have to accept there are is a minority of idiots in every crowd, in every part of the world, and occasionally one of them will do something very stupid indeed. Hopefully that doesn't put him off too much to continue.

booze and concerts just never works out for most people, I would not mind them banning booze from Moz shows actually :cool:

Agreed, it's a contributing factor and there's no need to take a drink in; drunks would need to be barred from entering in the first place though & ticket prices would have to go up to cover the loss of profit at the venue I guess. Worth paying for to avoid things like what happened on Saturday.

you cant ban booze from gigs, why should 1000's of other people suffer when its the minority who spoil it.

some people last night will have been there after working hard all week, having looked forward to the gig for months and will have had a drink and been respectful

Apparently one of the blokes had grey spiky hair was wearing a green jacket.
Both of them over 45 and from Burnley and Warrington.

so was anyone near them?

How do you know this?

Weird. At gigs here they sell booze in plastic cups. You couldn't throw one of those more than 5 feet if you tried.

Re: flowers

In May 2006 Liverpool Symphonic Hall we had seats in the third row.
A security guard was trying to confiscate flowers from my friend.
She managed to persuade the security guard that she'd ask friends who were sitting in side seats to keep them for her.

Morrissey's first ever gig in Japan, Fukuoka August 1991 the venue didn't allow people to bring flowers.
However, we're allowed to bring them in Yokohama Arena.

How harmful could a bunch of FLOWERS be!!!! Fa goodness sake!!!!!

bottle.jpg

I'm no sure whether there's anything cosmic :)squiffy:) in all that (and I'm not saying there isn't) but one thing is sure, whether he wants to keep playing or decides he's actually had enough of "games" is entirely up to him.

Dude, Barking, I'm so disappointed in you, don't you know me by now? If it isn't cosmic you know I'm going to make it cosmic. :p Actually, it really totally is, I figured it out. :straightface: I gotta get permission to write about it from someone whose probably sleeping now though.

He was hit by a plastic bottle and then bails?! I can't believe he didn't get the fans to turn in the asshole and then go on performing. It seems to me like he was looking for an excuse to quit...and he found one. How many thousands of fans showed up for this, anyways?!

thats what I said, hes just looking for excuses.

Back
Top Bottom