More sexist bullshit

I've not purchased a magazine of any sort for some time.

Was probably 17 the last time I bought a 'Lads mag'. Awful.

You shouldn't take it as thinking the advert creators did it to appeal to every single man. Fact is there are a lot of men who see that as a better world. Nowhere have they stated that it's what every man wants.

Why let something like this bother you?

also, your blog sucks.

Actually, I would dispute that. Maybe you're just not interested in the subjects she writes about but you can't say she's not funny and you can't say she's not a good writer. I've been reading that blog for two years now and it totally rocks - I read most of the major Big Brother blogs online, and hers is the best by miles. Before there was even the vaguest sniff of anything happening between me and LUVM she sent me a copy of her novel - honestly, it is the funniest and darkest thing I have ever seen in my entire life, and I am quite well read. I'll get her to send you a signed copy.;)

Actually, I would dispute that. Maybe you're just not interested in the subjects she writes about but you can't say she's not funny and you can't say she's not a good writer. I've been reading that blog for two years now and it totally rocks - I read most of the major Big Brother blogs online, and hers is the best by miles. Before there was even the vaguest sniff of anything happening between me and LUVM she sent me a copy of her novel - honestly, it is the funniest and darkest thing I have ever seen in my entire life, and I am quite well read. I'll get her to send you a signed copy.;)
still, what yesitis posted made me laugh, sorry :o

i can say she's not funny. i can also say she's not a good writer.

i can say both of these things because funny and good are subjective qualities.

i'm glad you enjoy it though.

I've not purchased a magazine of any sort for some time.

Was probably 17 the last time I bought a 'Lads mag'. Awful.

I'm the same, I seem to rememeber buying Loaded when I was 17 and thinking it was awful, just so patronizing and low level. f*** me, I flicked through a copy of either Nuts or Zoo once - it made the Daily Star look like Proust.

Men ship standard with those controllers. It can make them very hard to take seriously sometimes.

I find it funny that she chooses this one off advert, yet the pussification and abuse of men on television and in adverts is never mentioned by Feminists, ever.

There was a T Mobile advert awhile ago that showed men being physically abused, and was portrayed as funny. Men on television sitcoms here in North America (and I know in Britain as well) are routinely mocked, degraded and even physically abused, and it is shown as being 'funny' and acceptable. Yet, this one advert, meant as an obvious, light hearted joke towards the target demographic, which I am assuming to be heterosexual males between 18-35, is so 'horrible', that it is apparently worse to feminists than actual depicted physical abuse and degradation that appears on prime time television. Oh wait, that happens to men.. so who gives a shit, right? 'Equality' is for women only, I had forgotten.

I'll start taking feminists seriously, when she show me they are truly for equality, and start being as outraged and infuriated over every single depicted incident of males being abused or degraded in adverts and on television as they are by random ad's aimed to get a few teenagers to buy a skin rag.

picture15.jpg

Aren't mens magazines a bore? If I were a man, I'd feel very patronised.
Mind you, women's magazines are just as bad, but at least we are pigeon-holed on the basis we are permanently-dieting celebrity-obsessed handbag obsessives rather than sex-obsessed thickos.

Oh hold on... those both suck.
Yes, Men's magazines are a bore.

There is something called Freedom of Choice. If you don't like the message it conveys, don't pick it up.

where r all da white weemonz at?

I find it funny that she chooses this one off advert, yet the pussification and abuse of men on television and in adverts is never mentioned by Feminists, ever.

There was a T Mobile advert awhile ago that showed men being physically abused, and was portrayed as funny. Men on television sitcoms here in North America (and I know in Britain as well) are routinely mocked, degraded and even physically abused, and it is shown as being 'funny' and acceptable. Yet, this one advert, meant as an obvious, light hearted joke towards the target demographic, which I am assuming to be heterosexual males between 18-35, is so 'horrible', that it is apparently worse to feminists than actual depicted physical abuse and degradation that appears on prime time television. Oh wait, that happens to men.. so who gives a shit, right? 'Equality' is for women only, I had forgotten.

I'll start taking feminists seriously, when she show me they are truly for equality, and start being as outraged and infuriated over every single depicted incident of males being abused or degraded in adverts and on television as they are by random ad's aimed to get a few teenagers to buy a skin rag.

its for YOU as a man to get upset about men being made fun of in adverts.
Also, men havn't been treated as second class citizens for, uh, centuries.
iamnicola; I didn't pick up that mag, I saw it on a website. I thought it might make a change from the threads about what we're having for dinner and shit. Heaven forbid we'd talk about something slightly interesting.
Just put the bitch back in her box; except I won't go, will I? Shame.

'Pussification'?

Where are the articles for women that say, "You are a sexual being. You deserve to be completely and utterly satisfied by men that you have no intention of marrying or even seriously dating. Here is how to get what YOU want and feel GREAT about it."

Or how about a headline that says, "How To Get That Man To Leave In The Morning!"

Here and there it is possible to find articles in women magazines that attempt to say something meaningful. It usually however fails to make a real difference in any way. It's usually to find between an ad for an anti-aging* facial cream and a set of pictures presenting the 10 'must have' wardrobe items for the successful women (probably modeled by a teenage girl). It's not random; it is all a part of a mutual dependency system between the giant cosmetics/fashion industries and the media. The giants need the magazines (among other things) in order to keep women alert and under constant pressure- you should do this, you should wear that. The magazines make their fortune from the giant's ads. This dependency is very strong- one would probably not survive without the other, while they are making a fortune on our (women mostly) expense.
It is also a part of a bigger system that results in the repression of women- not only by creating it but by preserving it too. This phenomenon was named The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf, and long before that The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan. Both books are warmly recommended for anyone who finds the connection between conceptions of beauty/femininity and repression of women interesting.

* A facial cream that can stop time! I think they should get a Nobel Prize.

There was a TV advert on recently selling, I think, cough medicine (?). It showed a male secretary in an office being propositioned by his female boss. I wish I could find the advert. Anyway, it was supposed to be all jokey-jokey but there was something a bit sinister underlying it.
So t does happen the other way round too. Just sayin'.

There was a TV advert on recently selling, I think, cough medicine (?). It showed a male secretary in an office being propositioned by his female boss. I wish I could find the advert. Anyway, it was supposed to be all jokey-jokey but there was something a bit sinister underlying it.
So t does happen the other way round too. Just sayin'.

Yes it does, but less so, and I do care about that as well.
But as with positive discrimination, sometimes things need to go the other way before they even out.
But even if men were made fun of, paid less, raped, and objectified for the next thousand years, we still wouldn't have a level playing field.

Yes it does, but less so, and I do care about that as well.
But as with positive discrimination, sometimes things need to go the other way before they even out.
But even if men were made fun of, paid less, raped, and objectified for the next thousand years, we still wouldn't have a level playing field.

Women are the ones who are violated during sexual intercourse. Men automatically get the upper hand because of this. It's natures way, and it pisses me off.

Women are the ones who are violated during sexual intercourse. Men automatically get the upper hand because of this. It's natures way, and it pisses me off.

Wait....what?

Violated? Are you sure?

Women enjoy sexual intercourse dont they?

Men getting the upper hand - no i dont see that either.

Its not always natures way either - check out black widow spiders for example. The girls seem to get the upper hand in that species.

Tags
back to the kitchen blogger admires own blog feminism i hate women iron my shirt and shut it lads mags lowest common denominator naked women? sexism! omg weemonz reading miscomprehension sexism she got a big outie weemonz riiightz women can't ski yawn
Back
Top Bottom