Mel Gibson, Morrissey and Tom Jones pic in Los Angeles

I think your avatar & your posts match perfectly! Your avatar is so tranquil, as are a lot of your posts. You have a gift of putting people at ease and it's the rare person that can do that. I believe most people reading your posts feel this way. I know from reading your posts that a lot of time you don't necessarily feel "tranquil", but your posts are always enjoyable to read. Plus the picture of you that is your avatar is a wonderful one. And I remember reading that you photoshopped the tatooed body onto your head, which is pretty cool. :D

I am so glad I asked because your delightful response just made my day. Thank you. :)

can someone please explain how these guys are anti-Semitic? Most Jews in the world are not semitic people.

In which case, you'll be able to provide me with a link to his statement to that effect.

Thanks in advance.

Full article:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/sep/03/morrissey-china-subspecies-racism

Excerpt:
Morrissey said in a statement tonight: "If anyone has seen the horrific and unwatchable footage of the Chinese cat and dog trade – animals skinned alive – then they could not possibly argue in favour of China as a caring nation. There are no animal protection laws in China and this results in the worst animal abuse and cruelty on the planet. It is indefensible."

Full article:

Excerpt:
Morrissey said in a statement tonight: "If anyone has seen the horrific and unwatchable footage of the Chinese cat and dog trade – animals skinned alive – then they could not possibly argue in favour of China as a caring nation. There are no animal protection laws in China and this results in the worst animal abuse and cruelty on the planet. It is indefensible."

I think he makes a very good point. Mind, it's not much better for vulnerable people either.

Full article:

Excerpt:

Yeah, I'm aware of the article (which is why I was able to cite the date, 03/09/'10, in my original post). However, neither the part you quoted nor the article as a whole is a defence against the charge of racism; quite the opposite. Note that he's talking about China, as a nation, and, by implication, Chinese people.

It's curious, though, that he didn't try to gag journalists at The Guardian, or Martin Smith from Love Music, Hate Racism, with a lawsuit for defamation, isn't it?

Anyway, try again with a quotation from Morrissey where he states unambiguously that by "the Chinese" he meant "the Chinese state".

He may smile in these situations, but he still looks awkward. There is also the argument that he chose to be in these places and take these pictures, while the photos taken with fans are forced upon him. It must be disconcerting to have strangers pounce upon you in public, especially when you prefer to be reclusive and private. I know that he chose this life, the same can be said for all celebrities, I'm just trying to present the other side of the argument. Morrissey was staying in the same hotel once, and he looks apprehensive even when no over-zealous fans are in sight. I just think that he truly struggles with any kind of social interaction, except when he is on stage; that is a place where he has greater control.

In his brain: :D

1vj1DPV.gif

Who do you think will be in the next Morrissey celeb photo ? Simon Cowshed, Bill Roache, Kevin Webster, Ronald McDonald, The Colonel, Peter Sutcliffe, Mike Joyce, Johnny Rogan, Peter (rent a chap) Hogg, Boy George, Pete Burns, David Cameron, Len Fairclough, Rolf Harris, The Queen !!!!

Watch the birdie (say cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese)

Holy smokes! I laughed so hard on that improbable list (but the mental images, OH MY!) I about choked on some Wine Gums! Thank you for the howl. Seriously. It's been a crappy last few weeks. I needed that ;)

Full article:

Excerpt:

Every year more than 20,000 dolphins, whales, and porpoises are killed by Japan.
This is the largest deliberate slaughter of dolphins in the world !
In Taiji Bay, a picturesque tourist attraction, Japanese fishermen employ "drive fishery" 2 force dolphins and other sea mammals ashore then hack them brutally to death, slashing their throats and stabbing them with spears and knives repeatedly.
Even though dolphins are among the world's most intelligent animals and many on the verge of extinction, the fishermen view the animals as "pests" who compete for fish.

The Japanese fishermen use threats and violence to keep tourists and others away from the bay, knowing that their fellow citizens and the world-at-large would oppose them.
The Japanese government issues permits to allow this massacre.
The government and fishermen are so secretive that the majority of Japanese people don't even know the slaughter occurs.

After the massacre, the bodies of the dolphins are taken to a slaughter house 2 be butchered.
The meat is severely contaminated with pollutants but is sold without warnings in supermarkets in Japan - supermarkets often owned by US and European chains ! :(

Every year more than 20,000 dolphins, whales, and porpoises are killed by Japan.
This is the largest deliberate slaughter of dolphins in the world !
In Taiji Bay, a picturesque tourist attraction, Japanese fishermen employ "drive fishery" 2 force dolphins and other sea mammals ashore then hack them brutally to death, slashing their throats and stabbing them with spears and knives repeatedly.
Even though dolphins are among the world's most intelligent animals and many on the verge of extinction, the fishermen view the animals as "pests" who compete for fish.

The Japanese fishermen use threats and violence to keep tourists and others away from the bay, knowing that their fellow citizens and the world-at-large would oppose them.
The Japanese government issues permits to allow this massacre.
The government and fishermen are so secretive that the majority of Japanese people don't even know the slaughter occurs.

After the massacre, the bodies of the dolphins are taken to a slaughter house 2 be butchered.
The meat is severely contaminated with pollutants but is sold without warnings in supermarkets in Japan - supermarkets often owned by US and European chains ! :(

a) the Tariji dolphin hunt results in the death of approx 2000 dolphins a year.
b) the species of dolphins hunted and killed are not on the endangered list.
c) killing practices have changed. Dolphins are killed with a pin to head which is considered to be more humane.
d) although some dolphins are killed for food (the Japanese appetite for dolphin is declining), more money is made by keeping the animals alive and exporting them.
e) recent and repeated studies have found that consumption doesn't cause any kind of poisoning.

Oh but hey, don't let facts get in the way eh?

a) the Tariji dolphin hunt results in the death of approx 2000 dolphins a year.
b) the species of dolphins hunted and killed are not on the endangered list.
c) killing practices have changed. Dolphins are killed with a pin to head which is considered to be more humane.
d) although some dolphins are killed for food (the Japanese appetite for dolphin is declining), more money is made by keeping the animals alive and exporting them.
e) recent and repeated studies have found that consumption doesn't cause any kind of poisoning.

Oh but hey, don't let facts get in the way eh?

And next week anonymous from Cocksville advocates eating orang-utans.

And next week anonymous from Cocksville advocates eating orang-utans.

Who's advocating anything? I was objectively giving the facts. Talking like a tween on her period makes it easy for the argument to be dismissed and lying only serves to undermine any point to be made.

Besides, how is stunning a dolphin which will eventually enter the food chain any different to what happens to 3 million cattle in the UK before slaughter? Is that your western snobbery peeking through perhaps?

Who's advocating anything? I was objectively giving the facts. Talking like a tween on her period makes it easy for the argument to be dismissed and lying only serves to undermine any point to be made.

Besides, how is stunning a dolphin which will eventually enter the food chain any different to what happens to 3 million cattle in the UK before slaughter? Is that your western snobbery peeking through perhaps?

It does seem to be particularly barbaric to kill and eat a more intellegent animal such as a dog, whale or a dolphin or say chopping off a shark's fins and then chucking it back into the sea. I wouldn't bother with the hypocracy line as I don't eat animals thanks to western farming methods.

Last edited:
It does seem to be particularly barbaric to kill and eat a more intellegent animal such as a dog, whale or a dolphin or say chopping off a shark's fins and then chucking it back into the sea. I wouldn't bother with the hypocracy line as I don't eat animals thanks to western farming methods.

Is it more barbaric to kill an adult human, than an infant? A genius rather than a severely mentally disabled person? Philosopher and animal rights activist, Peter Singer, argues it is. He even goes as far as saying that it is worse to kill a fully functioning ape rather than an out of commission human.

What do you think?

Is it more barbaric to kill an adult human, than an infant? A genius rather than a severely mentally disabled person? Philosopher and animal rights activist, Peter Singer, argues it is. He even goes as far as saying that it is worse to kill a fully functioning ape rather than an out of commission human.

What do you think?

I'd argue that it's more barbaric to kill something or someone that is defenceless against you so for me it would be more barbaric to kill an infant or mentally disabled person. As for killing an animal to eat it, none of it is for me so it's a difficult one but it does seem worse to me to kill an animal that is of greater intelligence - for example it's much easier to spook a pig in an abattoir than it is a sheep as the pig seems to know what's coming.

I'd argue that it's more barbaric to kill something or someone that is defenceless against you so for me it would be more barbaric to kill an infant or mentally disabled person.

So the weak have greater protection? Is it then more barbaric to kill a small female than a man who is twice her size?

Singer claims it is morally wrong to kill an intelligent being over a lesser one regardless if it is an animal or human. An infant is not as cognitively developed as an adult. And the genius trumps the disabled individual. And clearly an ape is more aware than a vegetative human.

As for killing an animal to eat it, none of it is for me so it's a difficult one but it does seem worse to me to kill an animal that is of greater intelligence - for example it's much easier to spook a pig in an abattoir than it is a sheep as the pig seems to know what's coming.

But you seem to be both arguing that it is about intelligence and defenselessness. And talking more about the horror of death rather than the quality of life.

Is your argument about a creature's intrinsic intelligence making it worthy of life? Or that its intelligence makes its death worse?

Is it OK to kill an animal to save a human life?

So the weak have greater protection? Is it then more barbaric to kill a small female than a man who is twice her size?

Singer claims it is morally wrong to kill an intelligent being over a lesser one regardless if it is an animal or human. An infant is not as cognitively developed as an adult. And the genius trumps the disabled individual. And clearly an ape is more aware than a vegetative human.

But you seem to be both arguing that it is about intelligence and defenselessness. And talking more about the horror of death rather than the quality of life.

Is your argument about a creature's intrinsic intelligence making it worthy of life? Or that its intelligence makes its death worse?

Is it OK to kill an animal to save a human life?

I think he is saying that it is more barbaric to kill a fly than a shark.

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be morally wrong to kill and eat Mel Gibson?

Morally? Don't know but I sense he would be drier than a communion wafer.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom