Mancunian help needed again!

gasmeter

I have won hospitality tickets for Man ure v Benfica in December.Sorry Goat +Grim! Im no red .... If its good enough for Moz :) .

Anyway i'm booked in to stay in the travelodge Anne Coates :) How far is this from the city centre and are there any pubs open late on a Wednesday night for a few light ales ?

Cheers,Peter.

Very near the city center. As in pretty much in it. And everywhere would be open I would guess.

Thanks mate . What time do the pubs shut midweek in the city centre. Up here they are open quite late. Is there any where you can recommend ?

Cheers .

I cannot believe you even entered the comp to win tickets to the Theatre of Wet Dreams. Take a Malyasian and Norweigan translation book so you can communicate with whoever is sat next to you......

Anyway, back to the question.....
The hotel is on Lever Street / Great Ancoats Street which is a five minute walk down Lever Street and you are on Piccadilly.
Suprisingly not that many bars do open later in the midweek. The main one I know is the Wetherspoons on Princess Street, one minute walk from Peters Square tram stop and 10 - 15 min walk back to the hotel. Think that is open until 1am. There will be something open in the gay village too.

The Goat

Last edited:
Thanks Goat. Yeah I do feel a bit dirty about going to the Theatre o' wet dreams . But a freebee is a freebee!

My mate Darren is going wi me so I will only need a Leith phrase book:D

Hibs and City for the cup :)

Ps . How far is Salford Ldas Club fi Anne Coates ?

Cheers , Peter.

Your best bet is to go to the Lads Club before the game - you can walk it from there to the Hell Hole in Stretford.
According to the excellent and well recommended book ''Morrissey's Manchester'' take the 33 bus from Piccadilly and get off on Regent Road at the second stop after Sainsbury's. Walk up 50 meters and on your left, the railings end and the Lads Club is there on your left.

The Goat

Gasmeter
well if it's confessions time, I was at both Jambo's games at Murrayfield (mind they lost both times & exited Europe hee-hee), I took the bairns ya see & I even took one of em to a Celtic match (v Copenhagen), at least they won that un though. Oh & none of em were freebies either, damn.

just cheer on Benfica! ;)

love

Grim
P.s. are you going to Glasgae fi the gig?

Thanks Goat. Yeah I do feel a bit dirty about going to the Theatre o' wet dreams . But a freebee is a freebee!

My mate Darren is going wi me so I will only need a Leith phrase book:D

Ps . How far is Salford Ldas Club fi Anne Coates ?

Cheers , Peter.

I cannot believe you even entered the comp to win tickets to the Theatre of Wet Dreams. Take a Malyasian and Norweigan translation book so you can communicate with whoever is sat next to you......

Anyway, back to the question.....
The hotel is on Lever Street / Great Ancoats Street which is a five minute walk down Lever Street and you are on Piccadilly.
Suprisingly not that many bars do open later in the midweek. The main one I know is the Wetherspoons on Princess Street, one minute walk from Peters Square tram stop and 10 - 15 min walk back to the hotel. Think that is open until 1am. There will be something open in the gay village too.

The Goat

What you on about pleb head, twice as many reds in manchester than you bitter rats.

Ah. So its you Grim, that has put a curse on those Gorgie clowns:) . Well done mate ! They are fast becoming the most hated club in Scotland, a bit like Man U really:D . Get yourself doon to the ' Leith San Siro' for some decent fitba .

Yes I am going through to Glesca .There are a few of us planning on getting the train through late Saturday afternoon fi Edinburgh. Still not got my tickets yet , though!

Cheers for now, Vladimir Romanov .

As you get out of the door, go right and again turn right down the first street. That's Newton Street and you can pad up and down that, it'll take you straight to the city centre in just, say, five minutes. Arndale Centre's on your right, Piccadilly on your left.

Cheers , Peter.

HIBEES HIBEES HIBEES

Hibs for the cup indeed.....Musselburgh eh?? Many a messy night i've had in the ol' Ship inn.

JIM

Try www.cockneyreds.co.uk

I am at a complete loss as to why you want Mancunian help?

Your hotel is in a perfect location to have a few pints in the Crown & Kettle before walking to the Blue Camp, watching the match, then catching a couple of late drinks in The Marble Arch. Another time perhaps?

Don't forget to bring your passport, sometimes you have to show them at the Trafford/Manchester checkpoint (they frisk for prawn sandwiches).

Nice one Brel
Forgot about the Crown & Kettle across the road! good pint of real ale in there.... the Bar Fringe is very good too. and as for the Marble Arch, well what can i say?
I see the Beer House is another Ancoats / Angel Meadow pub to close its doors.

The Goat

Nice one Jim ! Yeah the Ship Inn is just 10 minutes from my hoose. Not a bad wee boozer right enough. Was there for the Sheep v Hibs game the other week. Shame about the result:(

Try www.cockneyreds.co.uk

I am at a complete loss as to why you want Mancunian help?

Your hotel is in a perfect location to have a few pints in the Crown & Kettle before walking to the Blue Camp, watching the match, then catching a couple of late drinks in The Marble Arch. Another time perhaps?

Don't forget to bring your passport, sometimes you have to show them at the Trafford/Manchester checkpoint (they frisk for prawn sandwiches).

Spoon.

Nice one Brel
Forgot about the Crown & Kettle across the road! good pint of real ale in there.... the Bar Fringe is very good too. and as for the Marble Arch, well what can i say?
I see the Beer House is another Ancoats / Angel Meadow pub to close its doors.

The Goat

I saw that the Beer House was boarded up, the day that this tours tickets went on sale. The last time I was in, it didn't look promising. It was always a bit of a shithole, but it did attract some interesting people!

I am at the mercy of the trams being fixed in time for tonights drinking. So it's either a few jars in Albert Square (Market) & a little crawl, or Bury Beer Festival. Whitefield has no decent boozers.

Let's hope for 3 points and a clean sheet against Fulham!

me old mate used to be landlord at the Marble Arch, he was the one that set up the brewery bit in the cellar, he's now got his own Brewery these days.

love

Grim

me old mate used to be landlord at the Marble Arch, he was the one that set up the brewery bit in the cellar, he's now got his own Brewery these days.

love

Grim

Having your own Brewery! This is the stuff of boys dreams.

I've given home-brew a little consideration, but never actually tried it. I can't persuade my wife to let me set up my micro-brewery in her shed, on the allotment. I've also considered the larder under the stairs, but I'm told it can smell a bit?

I know what to tell her now, next time she asks what I want for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom