Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre (Nov. 12, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / *Show ends due to unforeseen circumstances*

Setlist courtesy of: SYL via FWD.

Last edited:
A post we'll never see on Moz Central.

"LAST NIGHT, MORRISSEY AUDIENCE AT GREEK THEATRE"

main-qimg-95ba107bfdca1a49d5e13ef11cddec28.webp

Or a message to his fans like Liam made after he had to cancel due to extreme weather.

So is there a show tonight….?
The lack of any clear communication about tonight's show going ahead is beginning to look a little worrying. I hope it was just cold air and vocal cords and not something more psychological going on. There is a feeling of things being in disarray at the moment.

The lack of any clear communication about tonight's show going ahead is beginning to look a little worrying. I hope it was just cold air and vocal cords and not something more psychological going on. There is a feeling of things being in disarray at the moment.

We don’t know why Morrissey walked off, according to Surface, only Morrissey can answer that.

If he didn't pull these type of surprise stunts and completely confound his fans for hours/days/weeks until we get an official explanation then he wouldn't be the M we all know and adore (well, most of us here anyway).

I understand the frustration of those who attended, but we don't know what happened as of yet. If you buy tickets to see him and you don't have it in the back of your mind when you go to purchase that this could happen then you are being wilfully ignorant and just ignoring past happenings.

I'm intrigued to see if tonight's gig will materialise. If so, we can assume it was likely something to do with the venue that was the issue or something temporary rather than something more serious. If it doesn't go ahead then perhaps it's something more serious and will impact the rest of the tour; I truly hope not, though. It was all going so damn well. I pray he hasn't just hit the self-destruct button again and undone all the hard work and awesomeness of the UK tour.

I can see and feel sympathy for both sides and understand different people's perspectives regarding the whole shebang.

The next few hours should bring news from which we will perhaps be able deduce certain things. Only time will tell...

It wouldn't be the first time he has gone incommunicado with the fax machine switched off. I wonder do the band even know whether tonight's show is on or off?

I’d like to say more, but it seems all of a sudden that we’re not allowed to speculate on solo with the information that we do have, and so, we really should wait until M makes a Central post announcement.

I’d like to say more, but it seems all of a sudden that we’re not allowed to speculate on solo with the information that we do have, and so, we really should wait until M makes a Central post announcement.
Dear @Ketamine Sun, with all understanding for your caution and the fact that you always want to see the GOOD with Morrissey: the speculations are usually already quite cautious and not always just reproachful. He is a diva but also a diva must sometimes touch the ground with his/her feet briefly. Emotions have to come out here. Especially for those who were there.

Dear @Ketamine Sun, with all understanding for your caution and the fact that you always want to see the GOOD with Morrissey: the speculations are usually already quite cautious and not always just reproachful. He is a diva but also a diva must sometimes touch the ground with his/her feet briefly. Emotions have to come out here. Especially for those who were there.

No, I’m actually saying it’s alright to speculate with the information we have, this is what solo is about.

But when I speculated earlier that Morrissey may have been worried about his voice, based on his behavior and people that were there saying it was cold, Surface basically said I shouldn’t speculate and that only Morrissey knows why Morrissey walked off, which of course I agree with too.

Last edited:
The problem was not “he was feeling cold”. The problem was “he was struggling and losing his voice”. If you didn’t get it by now, after 15 pages of reading…
Alain, Jesse and Gustavo played hundreds of concerts with M, I’m sure they’ve seen highs and lows. Not saying it was a nice evening for everyone involved (audience included for sure), but it was an understandable situation. He probably was furious after leaving the stage (we all know he’s a diva and most of us love him this way) and we’ll never know if the venue promised something they couldn’t offer the artist, if the booking management got it wrong… I can’t see M checking venue by venue and crossing data with the Weather Channel app. Maybe Simon Le Bon does it, good for him and his fanbase.

It's human nature to desire to fill in the blanks in a situation such as this. He has allowed this situation, in which everyone is speculating, to arise by not coming out immediately and telling us what the problem was and why the show had to be stopped.

There would be no need for speculation if he or even a member of the crew/band/Sam had told us. Because it's possible it was nothing much and he's okay, but it's also possible he's unwell and has been hospitalised, for instance. I doubt it, but you understand what I mean. Right now all these possibilities exist because of the lack of communication.

It's human nature to desire to fill in the blanks in a situation such as this. He has allowed this situation, in which everyone is speculating, to arise by not coming out immediately and telling us what the problem was and why the show had to be stopped.

There would be no need for speculation if he or even a member of the crew/band/Sam had told us. Because it's possible it was nothing much and he's okay, but it's also possible he's unwell and has been hospitalised, for instance. I doubt it, but you understand what I mean. Right now all these possibilities exist because of the lack of communication.

Yes I agree. But when someone tells me not to speculate based on Morrissey’s behavior, but then goes on to speculate about Alain, based on Alain’s behavior ( ‘looked completely confused’ ) that’s not right.

Yes I agree. But when someone tells me not to speculate based on Morrissey’s behavior, but then goes on to speculate about Alain, based on Alain’s behavior ( ‘looked completely confused’ ) that’s not right.
All 5 musicians are waiting, concentrated and focused, for the concert to go on. They do not talk to each other and assume, that the difficult evening continues. This is what I interpret in the video.

Well that told you, I guess! Anyway what do you know anyway, Liam Gallagher’s where it’s at :rolleyes:

I agree that isn't right. I don't feel speculating really helps the situation, but we all do it, and if there is one place in which we can and should be permitted to do so it is most definitely here. It's only natural to discuss the situation when we are desperate to know that everything is okay, and this is the place to talk about all of our thoughts and feelings about what has occurred.

The lack of communication is anxiety inducing to some folks, especially those attending the gig that is supposed to happen this evening. They really need to know as some of them will be travelling, and it's unfair to have people commute for no reason if it isn't going to go ahead.

It really is concerning, and I concur; it certainly does feel as though things behind the scenes are in a bit of a shambles right now. I just hope everything is okay and it was a mere blip or something minor.

It feels uncomfortable watching the band exchanging confused/worried glances when he disappears off the stage. What hope have we mere mortals got to know what's going on if his own band doesn't even know?

MOZ is MOZ. I’m driving 5,5 hours each way to see tonight and tomorrow both in the golden circle. Let’s hope he shows up and performs. Either way, I will be listening to him as I drive both ways. I will also love him no less either way. He’s who he is.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom