Long live los angeles, long live indie 103, long live morrissey

Thought I was experiencing a weird aural sense of déjà-vu on Sunday morning! I just imagined it was a snafu or last week's show was being rebroadcast due to the July 4th holiday. Can't wait for a new show next week, and look forward to Girl In A Coma being guests on the show!

Thanks so much, David! :thumb:

Hope everyone who missed it the first time around or would like another listen will enjoy.

Take care & Cheers!
romeogirl

Hi folks,
Moz's myspace just announced postpone-ment of Rimini. I've pasted the anncmt below.

However, Jose has word from Spencer Cobrin that he is interested in being a guest on the show!

Well, hope that comforts some of the folks who have to cancel travel plans.

Girl in a Coma in LA later this week (Alex's Bar, Long Beach-Friday. Knitting Factory, Hollywood- Saturday)... hopefully we'll be able to have something for you guys from the Girls next week or thereafter. New album is "Trio B.C." www.myspace.com/girlsinacoma

Kristeen Young also plays this Wednesday, July 15, at 9pm in New York: The Studio at Webster Hall, Manhattan. New album is "Music for Strippers, Hookers, and the Odd On-Looker." www.myspace.com/kristeenyoung

Red Cortez is doing Las Vegas' Beauty Bar on July 18 then opening for Air-Borne Toxic Event from mid-September forward http://www.myspace.com/redcortezband

The Courteeners will play Leeds and Reading Festivals Aug 28 & 29.
www.myspace.com/thecourteeners

Rock on:guitar:
romeogirl

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Velvet, Rimini Concerts Postponed
The Morrissey concerts at Velvet, Rimini on July 13 and 14 are unfortunately postponed due to currently un-resolvable reasons.

Ticket holders are asked to hold on to their tickets for further announcements. Refunds will be available at point of purchase. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

The Morrissey concerts in London (July 18, 19, 21 and 22) will take place as scheduled.

Last edited:
Hi folks,
The request lines will be open tomorrow from 9-11am PST / 5-7pm GMT. Recent Tour of Refusal show reviews are also welcome!
1-877-900-1031

Cheers :guitar:
romeogirl

this has become my favourite radio programm! :)
cheers from croatia!
:guitar:

Thanks very much for listening, Je Suis Julie, McLovin and MissGladys! (and thanks for tuning in from Croatia!)

Here's that November Spawned a 'Moz doing a wave' clip I mentioned after we played the song: http:​/​/​www.​yooouuutuuube.​com/​v/​?​rows=​36&​cols=​36&​id=​Xv8LdKp2Y-​8&​startZoom=​1

And in the evening, Girl in a Coma and their album artist Shizu Saldomando took some time to sit with Jose and I for a chat (I'm in the background). It'll be aired this coming Sunday morning. They are the sweetest and shared some great experiences touring with Moz.

Cheers, :rock:
romeogirl

Jose Maldonado's interview with Girl In a Coma and album artist Shizu Saldomando will air tomorrow on www.Indie1031.com from 9-11am PST, 5-7 GMT on Breakfast with the Smiths/World of Moz!

Enjoy! It's a very funny interview and chock full of stories about their love of Moz and being on the previous tour with him.

Cheers :guitar:
romeogirl

Hello everyone,
Jose is beginning a new segment on the show where he will name a current event in recent news and listeners can submit fitting Morrissey/Smiths song titles that reference that current event.

You can submit your ideas to his Twitter (Twitter.com/josemaldonado) or myspace (www.myspace.com/sweetandtenderhooligans) or reply here in the forums with your answer.

Jose says he'll choose among the song titles suggested and mention them on the air/play the song.

The current event for this coming week (shows are pre-taped on Wednesdays unless otherwise stated) is: the return of American journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee.

Good luck! ;)
romeogirl

Hi folks,
Hope everyone enjoyed the show today. Jose's callout for song requests for next week (submit by Wednesday morning to him) is... what would be your Morrissey/Smiths theme song if you were an athlete (ie., boxer or baseball player) entering the stadium/ring? Better yet, include the sport you have in mind, too, for the full effect.

A treat this week hearing Moz's cover of Magazine's "Song from Under the Floorboards." They have a new DVD out. As posted by them on Jesse's myspace:

A special DVD set of the February shows is now available to pre-order at the wire-sound shop. This strictly limited edition 2 disc, region free, PAL format DVD set will be shipped in June.

The ‘Real Life + Thereafter’ DVD contains the entire concert filmed at Manchester Academy …PLUS … Extra features include ‘Feed The Enemy’ filmed at the rehearsals, an alternate take of ‘A Song From Under The Floorboards’ and exclusive images from the period …

PLUS … On the second CD disc, you get an audio recording straight from the desk of 11 songs from the show at The Forum, London …

PLUS … In the package, you get a free tour T-Shirt in any size you like ranging from Super Small to Mighty XL and all stops in between.

To order please go to http://www.wire-sound.com/shop

Sounds like a great deal as long as you can play PAL format.

Cheers,
romeogirl

Apologies I was out a couple weeks.

During this past Sunday's show, Jose announced he will have Spencer Cobrin on for this coming Sunday, September 12. Logistics were still being worked out, so it's possible it will be pre-taped. But the show in any case will air on Sunday from 9-11am PST / 5-7pm GMT.

If you have any questions for Spencer, please send them directly to Jose via his Twitter (@josemaldonado) or myspace (www.myspace.com/sweetandtenderhooligans) asap.

Cheers :guitar:,
romeogirl

Ah, exactly when I'll be on a plane! Is there any "listen again" function on the site? (I listen through iTunes).

That is so cool you'll have him on... Thinking of questions...

Apologies I was out a couple weeks.

During this past Sunday's show, Jose announced he will have Spencer Cobrin on for this coming Sunday, September 12. Logistics were still being worked out, so it's possible it will be pre-taped. But the show in any case will air on Sunday from 9-11am PST / 5-7pm GMT.

If you have any questions for Spencer, please send them directly to Jose via his Twitter (@josemaldonado) or myspace (www.myspace.com/sweetandtenderhooligans) asap.

Cheers :guitar:,
romeogirl

Spencer has postponed. My apologies to everyone. Jose was not expecting him to flake at this short notice, either. There is a possibility that another chance for an interview may happen in November, but I'll just say tentatively at this point.

King Leer, hopefully it works out in November that you'll be able to catch it after all (if it happens)! There is unfortunately no official archive, but you can see if possibly a friend can record it for you. For guest shows like these perhaps someone can pass along a good recording to David T to post on this thread.

Je Suis Julie, je regrette. Hope you aren't too disappointed. Hopefully Jose will address the situation at this week's show.

Good news is the new tour for Swords! Children in Pieces and such *live*! Imagine that! Really hoping Moz and posse will loop back around States-side. Enjoy the Mozzer, you lucky folks across the pond!

Cheers:guitar:,
romeogirl

Thanks, 16Nov.

Today is a repeat airing of last week (you may have had an uneasy hunch while listening):squiffy:. Please disregard the announcement of Spencer appearing at "next week's" show.

Thanks for tuning in;).

Cheers,
romeogirl

Thanks, 16Nov.

Today is a repeat airing of last week (you may have had an uneasy hunch while listening):squiffy:. Please disregard the announcement of Spencer appearing at "next week's" show.

Thanks for tuning in;).

Cheers,
romeogirl

Aww, nuts. And I just sent a question in. Will he be on sometime soon?

Peter

Tags
long live moz
Back
Top Bottom