Leeds - Millennium Square (July 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Our Frank / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Anon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically no encore - Moz stayed on stage after Jack the Ripper and the band went straight into Hooligan. No successful stage invasions, or even handshakes I think (massive gap between barrier and stage). Signed t-shirt tossed at the end.

Technically no encore - Moz stayed on stage after Jack the Ripper and the band went straight into Hooligan. No successful stage invasions, or even handshakes I think (massive gap between barrier and stage). Signed t-shirt tossed at the end.
Thank you

Took the Hogwarts Express from London Kings Cross to sunny Leeds and was worth every minute of the journey…absolutely fantastic!

BD20075B-C9F0-45CF-95B5-E8D1A1AAF77E.jpeg
31B28FDD-424D-4903-B4E9-C85254D0CF96.jpeg
1BAA8EB5-A4A9-45B2-BA03-C556FB4E60CF.jpeg

just back to my hotel room. early train home in morning. Big crowd , I'm sure most folks are fine but there was a lot of arseholes too . just wading thru people to get to the front , the 2 older blokes I recognise from Leeds arena in 2020 but one of them got chucked out to cheers
a load piled in during first few songs but not too bad and it settled down until near the end when loads just waded in like a wave of wankers... total prices!!
lottery winners were brilliant , totally had the crowd on their side . slow readers were proficient, sound was good but zero personality and a bit samey n boring .
Moz was in fine fettle , no surprises in setlist other than no "hurling days" . Carmen had some tec issues during "stop me" so it sounded awful but other than that I thought they sounded very good . I've got a few videos that I will post if my WiFi is good enough ...off for a glass of vino now tho

Attachments

• 168919843690954407155124758003.jpg
    168919843690954407155124758003.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Moz opened the show with an acapella bit of Little Man What Now:

"Too old to be a child star, too young to take...Leeds!"

just back to my hotel room. early train home in morning. Big crowd , I'm sure most folks are fine but there was a lot of arseholes too . just wading thru people to get to the front , the 2 older blokes I recognise from Leeds arena in 2020 but one of them got chucked out to cheers
a load piled in during first few songs but not too bad and it settled down until near the end when loads just waded in like a wave of wankers... total prices!!
lottery winners were brilliant , totally had the crowd on their side . slow readers were proficient, sound was good but zero personality and a bit samey n boring .
Moz was in fine fettle , no surprises in setlist other than no "hurling days" . Carmen had some tec issues during "stop me" so it sounded awful but other than that I thought they sounded very good . I've got a few videos that I will post if my WiFi is good enough ...off for a glass of vino now tho
With your legs in that position.. are you going to drink that bottle or.. insert it?

Setlist was identical to Portsmouth, just with 'Stop Me' replacing 'Hurling.'

let me guess, same setlist as every night?
It would appear that way.

He has a wonderful back catalogue and yet still plods along with the same old setlist every time.

I mean how many times do we need to hear How Soon is Now? If he wants to swap it for another Smiths number, what about Well I Wonder or Back to the Old House?

All those albums, all those songs, where are they now?

Thanks for reports; augurs well for Dublin next. Weather fairly smiled on the outdoor crowd 😎

Back
Top Bottom