Kristeen Young responds to Morrissey's tour cancellation TTY statement

Re: Kristeen Young responds to TTY statement

If this is true, Morrissey is a liar. Thoughts?

X9fvTdl.jpg

They both have issues with the truth.

So the photo on the screen behind the stage of the queen giving the finger was KY actually? Ok, right, I get it now.

After reading all of the comments, I think the TQID song choice had a double or triple meaning that particular evening, and a grave-dancing ritual for KY was one of them.

After reading all of the comments, I think the TQID song choice had a double or triple meaning that particular evening, and a grave-dancing ritual for KY was one of them.

Where is the thumbs down option?

I don't think he would change the backdrop and the setlist just to send a message to an unknown nobody who wasn't even in attendance.

He had to change up the set list for some reason, didn't he?

Yes, hopefully because of a desire to stretch as a performer and not bring out the same-old same-old, night after night.

Though, to be fair, the tour did feature some variety over it's course. He's never going to be one of those acts who has a radically different, completely unpredictable setlist every night. But if you review the 2014 tour history, there were a number of songs played only 1-3 times, new songs off World Peace added in one-by-one, and other welcome additions such as "Certain People I Know."

Getting a bit off topic now, but I think that many fans' problem with Morrissey's live song selection is that he tends to strongly lean on his last 2-3 albums. That, plus 2-4 Smiths songs, a random B-side, a cover, and some unreleased material really only leaves room for 2-4 songs from what many people consider to be his "classic" period. Even in 1997, for example, he only played songs from Vauxhall, Sunny EP, Southpaw, and Maladjusted. Not a single song pre-1994, with the exception of a couple Smiths songs.

Last edited:
Yes, hopefully because of a desire to stretch as a performer and not bring out the same-old same-old, night after night.

Yes... but TQID is one of about 200 (guessing?) other songs he could have picked. If there was bad blood between him and KY around her dismissal (and it certainly seems there was), then I don't see how the double meaning of that song could have escaped him, or anybody else involved in the tour - especially not KY.

i'm not interested at all in k. young and her relationship with morrissey (his magical music is all that matters to me), but having reading accidentally & hastily
your considerations about their brakeup, something suddenly came to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAElh3Woo_k

looking at this video, putting accent on his behaviour and gestures (not 'performance') before and during the song, i perspicaciously :) read its dedication to one particular person in that special moment. IT COULD VERY BE HER. he looks angry in the beginning and very, very hurt... maybe they were passing through extremely hard period before final announcement on tty.
in this video, now i don't see any sign of 'illness' or lack of 'physical, singing or mental strength/ability' for 'performing'. he looks truly HURT in that exact moment.

this is my opinion.

p.s. apologies

i'm not interested at all in k. young and her relationship with morrissey (his magical music is all that matters to me), but having reading accidentally & hastily

looking at this video, putting accent on his behaviour and gestures (not 'performance') before and during the song, i perspicaciously :) read its dedication to one particular person in that special moment. IT COULD VERY BE HER. he looks angry in the beginning and very, very hurt... maybe they were passing through extremely hard period before final announcement on tty.
in this video, now i don't see any sign of 'illness' or lack of 'physical, singing or mental strength/ability' for 'performing'. he looks truly HURT in that exact moment.

this is my opinion.

p.s. apologies

Man, I just watched this for the first time. Poor lad. Poor, poor lad. He's going through something not good. It's almost as if, for one reason or another - he knows it's over.

P.

This is pretty pathetic. You people are acting like ridiculously jealous schoolgirls. Fact is, regardless of what happened between them Morrissey loves her music and considers her an artist. That just drives the haters nuts and makes them post ridiculous crap like the above.

Schoolgirls?

Let's hope Tony Visconti or Kristeen Young don't read that! What would they think of you you hater.

When Jesse Tobias used the word 'schoolgirl' to describe their behavior in his statement he was denounced on Facebook (where else!) as it was seen as being anti-women by Tony. Of course Kristeen then went on to say just how very crass all this making of statements was (in a statement of her own...) and compared such behavious to girls passing notes in class - so, basically schoolgirl behavior. But it's okay when they do/say stuff they condemn others for doing. They're special! For 'special' read 'hypocrites'

Man, I just watched this for the first time. Poor lad. Poor, poor lad. He's going through something not good. It's almost as if, for one reason or another - he knows it's over.

P.

i want to beleive in this:

... And he won't stop, because he can't stop.

link:
https://music.yahoo.com/news/rob-sheffields-top-25-songs-2014-far-175500476-rolling-stone.html

if he stops making world tours, that wouldn't be the end of his artistic and human expression, i hope he'll find the way...
all i wish him now is a good health. and i wish it to k. young, too.

p.s. apologies

P.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this after it was first posted, but then the tour was going okay-ish...until it wasn't. Now I'm back to my original thoughts after viewing it again -- as you say, he's definitely going through something not good.

(I don't think it's even remotely related to Kristeen Young.)

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this after it was first posted, but then the tour was going okay-ish...until it wasn't. Now I'm back to my original thoughts after viewing it again -- as you say, he's definitely going through something not good.

(I don't think it's even remotely related to Kristeen Young.)

I agree. This is from May 7 , so there is no reason why it should be KY related.

Ah, you know that song is about wanting to die, right? I'm sure when he sings the song, he remembers how he felt when he wrote it.

A more serious issue we must consider is when Kristeen purported that M gave her cunnilingus. If true, and she had the HPV virus, then M could be getting throat cancer. :( Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is my opinion.

p.s. apologies

this is my opinion.

p.s. apologies

This is the first time in a while he sang this emotional song to a crowd. It was the first night of the tour. He feels the songs, he's not just a robot who gets up and sings. He started losing it at "there is another world," he probably has a love interest IRL somewhere and was thinking of that other world. Completely unrelated to Krusteen.

i'm sorry for provoking such reactions. i said in the first sentence i know nothing about and i'm not interested in their intimate or professional relationship, it's none of my business. i respect her as morrissey's choice, lovely voice, pleasantly looking woman (without make-up:)), but rather uninteresting artist, for my taste.

i know 'asleep' is the song about giving up on something, life, maybe :) (and said i assume he sung it with dedication to her, it's not impossible, either, even in the first time ever live solo performance) but understand that not knowing (and not being interested in) certain circumstances could cause my misjudging.

all i wanted to tell, apart from singing 'asleep', is that two of them didn't part in ONE day. it's a process. and it is hard to go through.

p.s. apologies

Ah, you know that song is about wanting to die, right? I'm sure when he sings the song, he remembers how he felt when he wrote it.

A more serious issue we must consider is when Kristeen purported that M gave her cunnilingus. If true, and she had the HPV virus, then M could be getting throat cancer. :( Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I shouldn't but...LMAO.

i'm sorry for provoking such reactions. i said in the first sentence i know nothing about and i'm not interested in their intimate or professional relationship, it's none of my business. i respect her as morrissey's choice, lovely voice, pleasantly looking woman (without make-up:)), but rather uninteresting artist, for my taste.

i know 'asleep' is the song about giving up on something, life, maybe :) (and said i assume he sung it with dedication to her, it's not impossible, either, even in the first time ever live solo performance) but understand that not knowing (and not being interested in) certain circumstances could cause my misjudging.

all i wanted to tell, apart from singing 'asleep', is that two of them didn't part in ONE day. it's a process. and it is hard to go through.

p.s. apologies

You're barking at the wrong tree. Morrisseys problems got nada to do with KY. He ain't in a reslationship with that woman. She's with Tiny Viscunti.

P.

I just hope that he didn't know he was sick, and knew this tour was going to be his last. Every day I try to prepare myself for some horrible announcement, when at the same time I hope to see him come back, strong and healthy and ready to promote the album.

I don't think joking about cancer is appropriate.

I don't care if he ever creates music or tours again. I just want him to be healthy. After last year anything else is a bonus.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom