Kig Live: Jakarta now cancelled (November 10, 2023)

Screenshot_20231110-223501.png
Screenshot_20231110-224005.png

Further to discussion in the Bangkok and Hong Kong thread, this appears to have been confirmed in the last ~10 hours - as this tweet was still promoting it then:

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
I remember when Nigel Kennedy was injured in Melbourne and couldn't play Vivaldi's Four Seasons as scheduled, only announcing it once he was on stage. Instead he spent the evening playing jazz etc. Some musical snobs walked out but the rest of us just appreciated that he made the effort to turn up and he's passionate about jazz anyway so it was an excellent concert. I mean it's Nigel - who cares what he was playing!
That’s fair enough if you’re Nigel Kennedy. But how would Morrissey scrape thro’ if he announced his set would be limited to merely the recorded material that featured just two guitars and a drummer?

Do you really think, that such contexts or discussions reach him at all? That is below his radar. All that counts now, is "tickets sold" with which he can produce an "I'm still important" headline on Central. Cancellations, possible logistical troubles, dubious tour managers, popular musicians who simply leave
or personal health problems of younger
musicians in his glorious gang of outsiders are of secondary importance, if at all.
Well, maybe you're right that he doesn't care about these things but I can't see how they don't reach him. He is ultimately responsible for the whole tour, the commitments and contracts, the musicians, everything. He might want to hide in a hotel room and ignore that reality but he also wants a record deal and this stuff isn't helping him at all. It also wouldn't be the first time that he has used the illness of a band member/support act as an excuse to get out of commitments - remember Kristeen Young and the 'virus'?

Well, maybe you're right that he doesn't care about these things but I can't see how they don't reach him. He is ultimately responsible for the whole tour, the commitments and contracts, the musicians, everything. He might want to hide in a hotel room and ignore that reality but he also wants a record deal and this stuff isn't helping him at all. It also wouldn't be the first time that he has used the illness of a band member/support act as an excuse to get out of commitments - remember Kristeen Young and the 'virus'?
Surely, I remember her (live 06) and all mysteries surrounding her (Morrissey's daughter anyone?). There may still be 3-4 people (Donnie, 9stiches, Samuel) close to him, who tell him "It's OK, if we don't do a few things now, that wouldn't have gone well anyway, if we go through with it with passion in Australia and New Zealand". That's how you could see it internally and not as shrill and hysterical as we do.

Last edited:
Touring is a disaster, hardly any sold out shows, no Miley, no record deal, and 1 tv performance on Fox TV.

What we do get however is a lot of bitching and moaning.

What does the M. stand for again? Oh yeah, Moaning Myrtle!

It feels like Moz himself doesn't know what's going on half the time, let alone the toadies. He's had such a spate of bad luck in recent years that nothing is off the table when it comes to reasons. Have key band members quit (again)? Is it some insurance / travel problem? It is money? Has Damon done a runner? It could be anything but choosing to say nothing makes 'Camp M' look like they couldn't care less.
I agree that there could be many reasons for the current cancellations and some people have offered plausible explanations like Camila’s broken foot and poor ticket sales in a combination with logistic issues. But it could be something entirely different, as you pointed out.

The very vague communication about « technical issues beyond our control « comes across as if he doesn’t care. This may well be the case, but on the other hand, he often seems grateful when people turn up for his concerts.

Morrissey has always been very introverted and protective of things happening very close to him. Wasn’t there a period back in 1988 - 1989 when he wouldn’t communicate with his manager for 6 months or so? In 1995, he suddenly left the Bowie tour without much of an explanation, how would a similar decision without much further explanation come across in today’s world of social media where you are expected to constantly communicate openly with your fans?

And finally, Morrissey may or may not be aware about the impact of his behavior. I’d like to paraphrase Jo Slee hete, who once said that Morrissey can be evil in a way that all damaged people are. He will only see the impact of his acts when you point it oout to him. I am not sure if he still has the people around him today that would guide him in that direction. That’s the real drama.

Maladjusted to the current world. that’s how we can sum it up and I will give that record a spin now

Last edited:
There is a sizeable discrepancy between what he can realistically do and what he actually commits to.

I also get the impression from many years of obsession and reading and watching everything possible and paying particular attention to his behaviour that he cannot cope with sudden change. It seems like it knocks him off kilter and he feels he cannot continue and possibly does a runner to be alone. I know people who have this aversion to change and it can be a massive issue because things are always changing.

It seems when he's confronted with something that upsets or scares him he runs, pretty much like what he did on the Friends set.

Some of these dates have been cancelled weeks in advance, so that cuts down the possibilities as to why they've been pulled. Most artists won't know weeks in advance that they cannot make a gig, so it's either some longer term health issue that isn't going to be solved in a few weeks or their equipment is being held by customs or, as aforementioned, even her breaking her foot could send someone with mental health issues spiralling.

I'm convinced that Nottingham was cancelled due to the heckler at Portsmouth. If that's enough to send him into cancelling then it feels like little things really affect him, which is supported by past behaviour, or it could be because he was wanting to get extra security and couldn't until the next date.

I don't know why I'm saying this because surely we all know that he's always been precious and touchy despite his "I don't give a f***" attitude online and in some interviews.

The speculation continues...

Last edited:
Surely, I remember her (live 06) and all mysteries surrounding her (Morrissey's daughter anyone?). There may still be 3-4 people (Donnie, 9stiches, Samuel) close to him, who tell him "It's OK, if we don't do a few things now, that wouldn't have gone well anyway, if we go through with it with passion in Australia and New Zealand". That's how you could see it internally and not as shrill and hysterical as we do.
It's difficult. I have a hard time believing that Moz is asleep at the wheel to this extent, and just believes whatever he's told. But I can also see it being the case... because hiding away and having other people do all the running/decision-making etc has always been his way. Whatever the real situation, it's a mess. And none of this excuses the fact that he hasn't sent any kind of basic apology or acknowledgement to the fans.

It's difficult. I have a hard time believing that Moz is asleep at the wheel to this extent, and just believes whatever he's told. But I can also see it being the case... because hiding away and having other people do all the running/decision-making etc has always been his way. Whatever the real situation, it's a mess. And none of this excuses the fact that he hasn't sent any kind of basic apology or acknowledgement to the fans.
Frankly my dear Morrissey simply does not give a damn about much of anything especially when it comes to his career or what's left of it this is as clear as day.

I agree that there could be many reasons for the current cancellations and some people have offered plausible explanations like Camila’s broken foot and poor ticket sales in a combination with logistic issues. But it could be something entirely different, as you pointed out.

The very vague communication about « technical issues beyond our control « comes across as if he doesn’t care. This may well be the case, but on the other hand, he often seems grateful when people turn up for his concerts.

Morrissey has always been very introverted and protective of things happening very close to him. Wasn’t there a period back in 1988 - 1989 when he wouldn’t communicate with his manager for 6 months or so? In 1995, he suddenly left the Bowie tour without much of an explanation, how would a similar decision without much further explanation come across in today’s world of social media where you are expected to constantly communicate openly with your fans?

And finally, Morrissey may or may not be aware about the impact of his behavior. I’d like to paraphrase Jo Slee hete, who once said that Morrissey can be evil in a way that all damaged people are. He will only see the impact of his acts when you point it oout to him. I am not sure if he still has the people around him today that would guide him in that direction. That’s the real drama.

Maladjusted to the current world. that’s how we can sum it up and I will give that record a spin now
It rings true but it's very sad, to see it written out like that. He sounds like a guy who can't see beyond his own interior world and just shuts down when things go wrong or the real world disappoints him. I remember those stories about him hiding in hotel rooms refusing to pick up the phone. Maladjusted is the perfect word for it.

Frankly my dear Morrissey simply does not give a damn about much of anything especially when it comes to his career or what's left of it this is as clear as day.
He cares enough to antagonise Capitol execs and take pot-shots at BMG over Quarry though, so it must bother him to some extent. Like I've said before, he's completely hung up on chart positions, reviews and the 'validation' he gets from fame, he can't just switch it off.

You all should stop making excuses for this Diva. He acts like a spoiled brat and you are fansplaining it.

During the good old days the record companies would put up with his bullshit because he would make them money. This is no longer the case, hence no more record companies who are willing to put up with his crap.

He’s not a superstar. It’s over. In a few more years he will sing at retirement homes. Like Tony Hadley.

He lives in the past. But those days are over.

Bye bye Moaning Morrissey. It was fun while it lasted.

It rings true but it's very sad, to see it written out like that. He sounds like a guy who can't see beyond his own interior world and just shuts down when things go wrong or the real world disappoints him. I remember those stories about him hiding in hotel rooms refusing to pick up the phone. Maladjusted is the perfect word for it.
It is sad indeed to see this mess. The only positive thing I can add is that in the past, after initially shutting down and withdrawing, he managed several times to bounce back.
Admittedly, it can be hard to imagine such a turnaround now. For instance, I was quite hopeful when Alain rejoined and the band sounded great, but we already know how that ended.
So I don’t know who / what can turn his fortunes now, wait and see.

It is sad indeed to see this mess. The only positive thing I can add is that in the past, after initially shutting down and withdrawing, he managed several times to bounce back.
Admittedly, it can be hard to imagine such a turnaround now. For instance, I was quite hopeful when Alain rejoined and the band sounded great, but we already know how that ended.
So I don’t know who / what can turn his fortunes now, wait and see.

Do you mean like a YATQ bouncing back?

If he took a year or two off, got professional PR and management, completely renovated Central, then self released BoT and then in 2025 self released WMTWD and toured that with proper promotion, interviews and real videos, it’s possible he might have a significant turn around/bounce back.

Do you mean like a YATQ bouncing back?

If he took a year or two off, got professional PR and management, completely renovated Central, then self released BoT and then in 2025 self released WMTWD and toured that with proper promotion, interviews and real videos, it’s possible he might have a significant turn around/bounce back.

Too bad Mozzy don’t play that.

My theory is that the money from The Killer movie hit his bank account and he doesn’t need to tour.

I guess you know that's not the case at all. We don't really know what's actually happend. We can only theorize.

BTW, seeing The Killer and listening to The Smiths' songs in that context, made me feel very proud of myself to have found them at some point in my life. And, somehow, a funny feeling of being proud of them too for their being so artful and relevant in the 21st century as they were the century before.

I'm forever grateful to The Smiths for making me feel so elevated as a music lover whenever I listen to them.

Those songs are etched in my whole self: skin, flesh, bones & soul forever.

And my favourite Smith is Morrissey, of course. His lyrics, voice, persona... He's a rare artist who happens to be in my orbit, and I in his, through his music.

VIVA MORRISSEY!!!

I guess you know that's not the case at all. We don't really know what's actually happend. We can only theorize.

BTW, seeing The Killer and listening to The Smiths' songs in that context, made me feel very proud of myself to have found them at some point in my life. And, somehow, a funny feeling of being proud of them too for their being so artful and relevant in the 21st century as they were the century before.

I'm forever grateful to The Smiths for making me feel so elevated as a music lover whenever I listen to them.

Those songs are etched in my whole self: skin, flesh, bones & soul forever.

And my favourite Smith is Morrissey, of course. His lyrics, voice, persona... He's a rare artist who happens to be in my orbit, and I in his, through his music.

VIVA MORRISSEY!!!

Dear Lord, are you for real?!

Enjoy the cult & the Kool Aid.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom