Johnny Marr's Finest Moment?

Johnny Marr's finest moments, in reverse order...

5: Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
4: Get The Message
3: Back To The Old House (acoustic version)
2: This Charming Man
1: The Headmaster Ritual

Peter

Hmmm. I'm not going to rate it higher than "The Queen Is Dead" but I'll admit that "Electronic" probably sounds more timeless.

Except, I have to say...I don't mind "Idiot Country" but Barney's attempt to rap on "Feel Every Beat" automatically places the album in (a) a fixed time and place and (b) a mountainous pile of shit from which it only just escapes by virtue of the still-fresh memory of the other 10 gems preceding it on the album.

Anyway, I wish more people would listen to "Electronic", so... :thumb:

Lol yeah - Barney's rap is pretty terrible. Maybe he was inspired by working with John Barnes the previous year!

Tis a great album though. A finer debut than The Smiths, methinks.

I've always loved this song. It was always played in the underground clubs back in the day.

Let's not forget it was one of Rourke's finest moments as well. *ducks for cover*

Well, using the criterion of "gentle", I don't think it matches either "Back To The Old House" (radio session version) or "I Won't Share You". It is a great song though.

Still, top 3 then :lbf:

Personally I do prefer the melody of HTRTC to either of those two, but that's a different question than which is more "gentle" I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom