Johnny Marr new material - "European Me" recording session clip.

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
Last edited:
He played it with the Healers at Night and Day

Great to see he is working with it in a studio... hopefully an album won't be too far away.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
He played it with the Healers at Night and Day

Great to see he is working with it in a studio... hopefully an album won't be too far away.

Dave

Yeah, I think it might be shaping up as the first single from the album. It was the highlight of the solo stuff at the Deaf Institute gigs, for sure.

Fu***** hell, Johnny! Would it have been so hard to attach this as an MP3 in a quick email to Moz?
Could've been a nice opening salvo to a Morrissey/Marr songwriting reunion.

Fu***** hell, Johnny! Would it have been so hard to attach this as an MP3 in a quick email to Moz?
Could've been a nice opening salvo to a Morrissey/Marr songwriting reunion.

Johnny could record himself farting in the bath and send it to Moz and it would make for a better album than Jesse working with him in a studio...

I think that Moz needs a reunion more than Johnny needs it. But I suspect that Morrissey wants it less than Johnny does - and for this reason it won't happen :(

Dave

To my ears, "European Me" is the best self-penned song Johnny has done in 20 years. It's so far superior to the Boomslang stuff that it's virtually in another stratosphere. Here's hoping he gives it the lyrics to match :guitar:

Johnny could record himself farting in the bath and send it to Moz and it would make for a better album than Jesse working with him in a studio...

Not quite sure that's true, but if they got Brian Eno as producer it would make an interesting project.

Wow I really, really like it ... but as was said, imagine it put to Morrissey! Still, sounds better already than anything on Boomslang.

Having immersed himself with the master tapes during the restoration of the Smiths "Complete" Johnny Marr sounds like he is writing tunes like he used to. A reunion with Morrissey is unlikely, I'd love a return of Alain Whyte the greatest post Marr co-writer.

When I saw him and the band at the Deaf Institute, I thought Generate! Generate! was an instant single. Fabulous melody.

P.

One more thing, it might be late, but European Me sounds, to my grizzled ears at least, like this...

P.

Back
Top Bottom