Jarvis Cocker ''Jealous of Morrissey & The Smiths''

It isn't really surprising. Jarvis was frequently described as Morrissey's "heir" when he got famous and must have felt that it undermined his own work a little bit. "Different Class" is a superb album.

I avoided listening to Pulp and Blur when I was a teenager as I was a firm Oasis fan, but gave both bands a try a couple of years ago. Couldn't get into Blur at all, but I think Pulp are superb. I can understand Cocker's initial jealousy, but being one of the top three bands in the country for a year or two in the 90s and the success of Different Class probably helped him get over it dot dot dot

If you don't like Blur's major albums I highly recommend the Japanese collection of early b-sides. It's like a whole different side of the band.

I avoided listening to Pulp and Blur when I was a teenager as I was a firm Oasis fan, but gave both bands a try a couple of years ago. Couldn't get into Blur at all, but I think Pulp are superb. I can understand Cocker's initial jealousy, but being one of the top three bands in the country for a year or two in the 90s and the success of Different Class probably helped him get over it dot dot dot

If you don't like Blur's major albums I highly recommend the Japanese collection of early b-sides. It's like a whole different side of the band.

Thanks, but I've given up trying to like them. I think it's Albarn's voice that puts me off - I just don't like the "Londonness" of it.

Fair enough. But the London accent became a lot more arch as the albums went on. Here's a nice track from that early stuff:

Thanks, but I've given up trying to like them. I think it's Albarn's voice that puts me off - I just don't like the "Londonness" of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough. But the London accent became a lot more arch as the albums went on. Here's a nice track from that early stuff:

I like this! Never really gave them a listen. Does this video drive their frink girls mad with the urinal scene? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr find

tumblrltfmj7iipw1qiv5lg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom