It is a shame Morrissey didn't mention anything about Jerry

He has, actually. In Rolling Stone, Sept 18, 2008:

From this post. If you can find a copy of the magazine, it's a very moving and lovely obituary.

He probably wants public crying, banging of the coffin, and anguished cries of 'why?'

The audience demands it.

I've got a copy of RS if you want a scan for here.

And no, 'Years of Refusal' was not delayed because of Jerry Finn's passing. Anyone who works for a company like BMG, HMV or Amazon can tell you that it was pushed back 'until the new year' long before he had a hemorrhage.

Do you know what the actual reason was then? I had a sneaking suspicion that YOF might have been put back for different reasons...

Hello. New here. Didn't really want to start on an argumentative note, but I don't think we can infer anything about Morrissey's character from his decision not to issue a statement concerning Jerry Finn's death. So far as I know, he's never issued statements concerning the deaths of anyone else close to him. However, when asked, he is always expressive and respectful. For example, when asked about Kirsty MacColl, he said, "She's irreplaceable to me." A beautiful sentiment. Perhaps, he's just wary of the whole exploitative, publicity-seeking, celebrity bandwagon that always seems to trail in the wake of any public figure's death.

And, in reference to the 'Hollywood Bowl' royalties issue, am I the only one who saw Morrissey's statement as simply making it clear that he wasn't distancing himself from a poorly-conceived product on the one hand whilst hypocritically clawing in the money with the other? My initial reaction was "Good for you", and I was quite surprised at the backlash. It seemed like wilful misinterpretation to me.

Anyway, hello, everyone. Hope you'll invite me back.

Do you know what the actual reason was then? I had a sneaking suspicion that YOF might have been put back for different reasons...

This thread was posted by a banned user who re-registered when the mods weren't around.

He pretends that he has insider info which is utter rubbish.

Better stop posting this thread and move on.

Theo, you know that with the well-rounded and thoughtful posts...Kewpie will struggle to label you a troll in future! :p

I constantly receive messages to my private message box about what a troll Kewpie is.

As an example, here's a recent one, from just this weekend:

Hey Theo,

You don't know me, but I like most of your posts. I saw your recent post, and, well -- speaking of trolls, I think Kewpie is one...

But, can she read these PMs? I think she can, so I don't want to say more. She really frustrates me.
(bold print added)

There's a silent majority who are sick of what's going on in this forum.

I constantly receive messages to my private message box about what a troll Kewpie is.

As an example, here's a recent one, from just this weekend:

(bold print added)

There's a silent majority who are sick of what's going on in this forum.

At the end of the day if they had a real worry they would contact davidt, to stress to everyone mods can NOT read PMs it is stupid to think that they can jesus, its a little site (which I love) for Morrissey, its not that busy and we do all have jobs and stuff.
Kewpie does a really good job linking to threads and that and I have PMed her looking for stuff before cause the search here is a bit limited and clunky, just cause she puts a link does not mean that you can not carry on your conversation. Lets face it threads ages ago tend to have expired and new users or other people might have stuff to add, but the older links sometimes have some real gems in it. :D
I do not like the merged threads as I have said before but its really the vbulletin software that is the problem.

Nearly the whole quote was a lie. Morrissey lead Visconti on about producing his next album meanwhile he worked with Jerry Finn behind Tony's back and talked trash about him to Kristeen Young. Even while recording with Finn he promised Visconti he was "our man for the new album".
Sorry to add fuel to the fire, but I was surprised too when I read the Morrissey' s comment about Jerry in Hot Press.
Because it was said that Visconti would work with Morrissey for the new album until there was the clash with Kristeen, isn't it ? Just after the clash, Morissey announced the album would be produced by Jerry Finn, but Visconti was involved first...That is what I had read then. Nobody remembers that? Am I crazy?:eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom