If Morrissey could work with any current band to record an album?

Which band?

• The Stone Roses

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The Bad Seeds

• Arcade Fire

• The National

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Slowdive

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Depeche Mode

• The Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Pink Floyd

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Radiohead

• Other (please state)

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
I think that with Einstürzende Neubauten he can do something AMAZING.
That would be really weird. E.N. is in my top 3-5 favorite bands, and I have a hard time picturing Morrissey alongside their music. I'd be happy to listen though.

That would be really weird. E.N. is in my top 3-5 favorite bands, and I have a hard time picturing Morrissey alongside their music. I'd be happy to listen though.

Blixa is quite open-minded when it comes to collaborating with other people and he has done some interesting collaborations with musicians who fit into the pop genre (Gudrun Gut, Anita Lane, etc). Morrissey AND Neubauten are among my favourites too, so I think it would be a great combo (though I know it will never happen!).

For something different: quirky bands like The Eels, Mercury Rev, Flaming Lips, Grandaddy.
People who create soundscapes or interesting melodies.
I'd also insist he did a couple of interesting duets too - to freshen things up.
If the above were busy - attach him to Bernard Butler or Spiritualized for at least one album.
Regards from Imagination Land :)
FWD.

Last edited:
Nicky Wire from Manic Street Preachers has stated that they have always wanted Morrissey to quest on one of their tracks. But they fear asking him, because he would most likely tell them to f*** off. Which would be great in Nicky's estimation, that's what they would want him to do.

But a Morrissey/MSP collaboration would be interesting, since the Manics have a long tradition of shoehorning unwieldy and wordy lyrics into anthemic music.

Lostprophets, of course! It's a match made in hell.

Songs like "Where Were The Parents" and a cover of the Ronettes "Be My Baby" maybe a duet with Gary Glitter if they can smuggle a tape recorder to his cell.

I reckon Steve would love to work with Los Lobos. Then he can sing every song in Mexican and have unlimited supply of his favorite food...potato rolled tacos! I reckon Boz would fit right in too with his gigantic gut.

I reckon Steve would love to work with Los Lobos. Then he can sing every song in Mexican and have unlimited supply of his favorite food...potato rolled tacos! I reckon Boz would fit right in too with his gigantic gut.

I assumed you were going to suggest Aztec Camera, it's one of those bands that only illiterate rednecks can listen to.

I do remember a very silly person who was always listening to shity music and I would often ask him what the hell he was listening to, the answer was often Aztec Camera, Prefab Sprout or Bananarama.

I assumed you were going to suggest Aztec Camera, it's one of those bands that only illiterate rednecks can listen to.

I do remember a very silly person who was always listening to shity music and I would often ask him what the hell he was listening to, the answer was often Aztec Camera, Prefab Sprout or Bananarama.
aid421012-728px-respond-to-a-rude-person-step-11.jpg

Wellllll I'd like Moz to a duets album with partners I suggest. Boy George, Joan Armatrading, Kate Bush, Alison Moyet, Edwyn Collins, Elvis Costello, Lily Allen, Elton John (everybody else has), others

Yeah, Lana Del Rey and Moz MUST do a duet. I haven't thought of it before, but their voices are made for each other.

Also: Slowdive and The National. Slowdive for how their dreamy soundscapes easily match Mozzer's dreamy vocals, and The National for the fact that they are doing what Moz should be doing - that is, intricate, moody, introverted alternative pop, with gorgeous arrangements and strong vocal melodies.

The Decemberists for sure, or you know, Ween or Rammstein or something
Rammstein would be hilarious. But Ween needs to collaborate with Brian Eno and call themselves Weeno. That would be genius.
As for the Decemberists, aren't they just dime-store Morrissey wannabes anyway? Or am I just talking out of my vast veranda?

Rammstein would be hilarious. But Ween needs to collaborate with Brian Eno and call themselves Weeno. That would be genius.
As for the Decemberists, aren't they just dime-store Morrissey wannabes anyway? Or am I just talking out of my vast veranda?

Rammstein has already collaborated with Heino, somehow with a tongue-in-cheek from both parts.

It would be nice if Morrissey was more open-minded about collaborating with a different band, though not a band that tries to emulate what Morrissey does (Decemberists), nor a band that would make a tongue-in-cheek collaboration (Rammstein).

Maybe it would be nice to listen to something closer to what Blixa does, which is collaborating with artists that do something quite unrelated to what he would usually do, but without looking for a funny result... Like his collaboration with Gudrun Gut making some sort of modern Disco song:

Back
Top Bottom