HMV deny refusing to stock "Low In High School"

Here we go:

Oh, and look: both NME & Spin are copied in to the tweet and they both ran the story yesterday.
Regards,
FWD.

40707_bmg_statement.jpg

@hmvtweets / Twitter.
Contrary to reports, hmv have not refused to stock the new Morrissey album. Full comment below @NME @SPIN

contrary to reports, hmv have not refused to stock the new Morrissey album.

BMG shared the artwork with us last week and we are looking forward to continuing to work with BMG on the forthcoming release.

for the second time this year it appears Morrissey's camp have made a statement about hmv without being fully aware of the facts.

UPDATE 8:25 AM PT:

Posted by an anonymous person:

Doesn't look like this relationship will sour any time soon. Korda Marshall seems to have done his homework regarding M.

@bmguk
. @BMG is happy to confirm that HMV has not refused to stock the new Morrissey album. @hmvtweets

40709_bmg_hmv.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love Morrissey, no one's knows what's going on but everybody's talking a la God save the queen 40, 40 f***ing years on....

Sidenote: the royal family have more than enough phony self centred, self intersted apologists and anything that highlights their farcical place in UK democracy is positive. Sponge and rusty spanner.....

Morrissey has trolled all you trolls.

Moz: 1
Y'all: 0

Congratulations on your accurate description of Morrissey as "troll'. One should recognize another. Clearly, you share Moz's "kick and run" mentality. Perhaps it's a lack of iron in your diet? You're a fan of and and apologist for a whiny, self-righteous, scraper, has-been twat. Fair enough.

...but you've had a false start on your scoring. Morrissey doesn't earn a point until this juvenile exercise turns out in his favour. Let's have a look at how that might play out...

1. Charting album presales.
2. A glorious, sold-out tour beyond 2 nights at the Bowl (hereafter referred to as the "Troll")
3. An increase in merchandise sales
4. An increase in overall fan-base, as a result of said "trolling".

What you're up against here is a pretty steep climb, Vegan. While I admire your ability to live via wholesale blindness and cheap commentary, I think we should revisit the subject after the album drops. It may turn out to be a masterpiece - shite band aside. I doubt it though. More than likely, it'll be chucked into the recycle bin and re-purposed to press up music for the non-trolling masses. Taylor Swift seems about right.

Keep the up the positive attitude though, Grain-fed. Morrissey will surely cherish your love and support. At least until he cans your unpaid ass, like he has everyone that's supported him since 1983.

Sidenote: the royal family have more than enough phony self centred, self intersted apologists and anything that highlights their farcical place in UK democracy is positive. Sponge and rusty spanner.....

FIXED:
Sidenote: Morrissey has more than enough phony self centred, self intersted apologists...

people on here have spent sunday and Monday moaning about things we will never find out and theres a great live version of the boy with the thorn in his side below this post.
Yes! ...and I will certainly buy a live Smiths boxed set on wax, should it ever be released. It's a shame though - having to go so far back in history to find something relevant or free of personal pity-party content from their former frontman.

Many thanks to Johnny Marr for making the right decision. It would've been torture to watch my favorite band of all time circle the drain with this twit.

There you go. For Music Complete, New Order simply released loads of 30ish second segments of the album tracks, no bullshit just music.

New Order are pure class and make great albums. I'd much prefer to go drinking with Barney Sumner than Moz. Barney seems like a normal guy who knows how to enjoy himself. The only thing he has in common with Moz is they both play very short concerts :eek:
Ah no. I'd love to go on an ale crawl with Moz too.

Let's remember it wasn't Morrissey who said that HMV were refusing to stock the album...

Jesse Tobias wouldn't dare fart in public unless Morrissey had authorised it first. And it's clear from the statement on the recent film, that James Maker is now acting as one of Morrissey's mouthpieces as well. The overblown swollen-headed hyperbole of his statement "in the cause of democracy" is pretty much all the proof you need that the direct source of that statement was Morrissey himself. No one else in the world has such an over-inflated opinion of their self-worth.

BMG have now learned what everyone else knows - that Morrissey is unmanageable, and will not conform to whatever marketing plans or advice they offer. If things don't go 100% his way, he will use his stooges and goons to spread shit on the internet. I can guarantee, that if this album doesn't sell as many copies as Big M wants, and get into the Top 5 of the charts, he will immediately blame them and start attacking, same as with Harvest. If he's still with BMG in a year's time I will be VERY surprised. The cracks are showing already with Camp Moz and BMG issuing contradictory statements. This will not last.

Don't know what to believe, but wouldn't it also be possible that both sides came up with this PR scheme?
Edit: Claim + Denial + Label Retraction = way more free PR than if it were just Moz' bitching.

Yep, classic case of Hegelian Dialectic; oh, Morrissey, you genius!
heg2.jpg

Although you are forgetting it was Morrissey who chose not to reform with Marr.
Am I?

That - like the rest of the speculative ball-washing drivel on here - is an unverifiable assertion. A quick analysis of the career paths of both would indicate something different. If you're referring to the colloquial conversation as illustrated in Marr's biography, it comes down to semantics. Those who pine for such a reunion will find their buzz where they can. Those who're satisfied with the way things ended can find a direct meaning in a paragraph without injecting their own fantasy subtext.

as I said in the other thread on this matter ...

'I HOPE IT'S A PUBLICITY STUNT..., SIMPLY BECAUSE IF YOU'RE IN THIS BUSINESS YOU GOTTA PLAY DIRTY.'

glad to see that someone's doing the job that BMG should be doing !

:tiphat:

'I HOPE IT'S A PUBLICITY STUNT..., SIMPLY BECAUSE IF YOU'RE IN THIS BUSINESS YOU GOTTA PLAY DIRTY.'

Yes. Publicity games over music. ...an approach Moz has previously attempted but is in desperate need of perfecting. Shame it won't make a difference when the album drops. He'll probably be ecstatic about the sunshine you're blowing up his ass though. There's nothing a hack narcissist enjoys more than a good ball-washing. Just ask Donald Trump.

Am I?

That - like the rest of the speculative ball-washing drivel on here - is an unverifiable assertion. A quick analysis of the career paths of both would indicate something different. If you're referring to the colloquial conversation as illustrated in Marr's biography, it comes down to semantics. Those who pine for such a reunion will find their buzz where they can. Those who're satisfied with the way things ended can find a direct meaning in a paragraph without injecting their own fantasy subtext.

Well, I think you mean Marr's autobiography. But it's verifiable via both Morrissey and Marr's autobiographies - and the near-miss reunion story was told to me by a third source years before either of them confirmed it in print. So there's absolutely no fantasy subtext in that one.

Hopefully BMG will release a single whilst the kettle is still hot and there's a buzz around the Morrissey album.... a single would also distract from all the tomfoolery surround the HMV fiasco.

Hopefully BMG will release a single whilst the kettle is still hot and there's a buzz around the Morrissey album.
The only 'buzz' around it at the moment, is the buzz of flies around bullshit. None of this crap will translate to people buying records - only decent songs will do that. Let's hope there are some.

Indeed. This obvious, barrel-scraping brand of publicity-whoring is a clear indication that the only thing greater than the quality of the album itself will be its sales.

Well, I think you mean Marr's autobiography. But it's verifiable via both Morrissey and Marr's autobiographies - and the near-miss reunion story was told to me by a third source years before either of them confirmed it in print. So there's absolutely no fantasy subtext in that one.
Well then, if a mystery third party told you something about a Smiths reunion it must be true - even if it makes ZERO sense, based on all verifiable facts. I used to adore Morrissey. Now I wouldn't cross the street to help him if he was being beaten by Lizzie herself.

Now, take Marr - a man who dedicated years to working with the manchild and wearing all the hats, so as not to disturb his precious ego. You think you'd have the desire to go back to that? Marr's oeuvre and forward momentum tell a very different story. Marr let's the music speak. Morrissey should do the same, or crawl back up his own asshole and STFU.

The only 'buzz' around it at the moment, is the buzz of flies around bullshit. None of this crap will translate to people buying records - only decent songs will do that. Let's hope there are some.

'None of this crap will translate to people buying records - only decent songs will do that.'

:rofl:

yes, it's because only 'decent songs' that give all the Gaga's and Spears out there top billing in the charts!

Now, take Marr - a man who dedicated years to working with the manchild and wearing all the hats, so as not to disturb his precious ego. You think you'd have the desire to go back to that? Marr's oeuvre and forward momentum tell a very different story. Marr let's the music speak. Morrissey should do the same, or crawl back up his own asshole and STFU.

'Forward Fast'

;)

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom