• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

The Lord and Savior of song,
to him be glory and dominion
forever and ever. Amen.
24l6gx0.jpg

I am so extremely excited for the new Rolling Thunder documentary/boxset that's coming. Far and away my favorite era of Bob.

I am so extremely excited for the new Rolling Thunder documentary/boxset that's coming. Far and away my favorite era of Bob.

Should be great. This period really cemented his legacy and produced his best material and performances.

While this is OK what I’m really waiting for is.........you guessed it, a Stephen McHattie thread. It’s what we’re all waiting for.

Love and Theft is such a masterpiece. On some days I love it more than TOOM. I think Modern Times is quite a step down from those two, though.

Love and Theft is such a masterpiece. On some days I love it more than TOOM. I think Modern Times is quite a step down from those two, though.

Agreed. So many classics on L&T. It was great at the time to see he hadn’t lost a step and still had it in him to produce not just a great song or two but a great album. I remember going to the 24 hour Wal-Mart next to my school and buying it the day it came out...unfortunately, something else happened on that day that kind of drew attention away from the album and probably ultimately hurt the sales.

Love Ronson’s lead guitar work on this song .....

‘Oh, hear this Robert Zimmerman
I wrote a song for you
About a strange young man called Dylan
With a voice like sand and glue
Some words had truthful vengeance
That could pin us to the floor
Brought a few more people on
And put the fear in a whole lot more’

Interestingly enough, Ronson later joined Dylan on the Rolling Thunder Revue.

‘Into this mix tumbled the unlikely addition of guitarist Mick Ronson, who was in the mist of a disappointing lull after leaving David Bowie's band. With his solo career on the skids, Ronson was available when Dylan came calling following a chance encounter after one of the Neuwirth shows.
"[Neuwirth] was with this guy," Ronson later recalled. "And I looked at this bloke he was with and thought, ‘Wait I minute, I know you.’ And, of course, it was Dylan. And we talked, and he said, ‘We’re going on the road, why don’t you come with us?’ I just said, ‘Yeah.’ I honestly thought it was a joke. I didn’t think I’d hear any more. Then Dylan phoned me, said the tour was going to happen. This was a Friday. He said rehearsals were going to start on Sunday and would I be there? I thought it were a f---ing hoax. I really didn’t think he was serious."

My work colleague bought books of his lyrics and he enthused about him. And he won a prize for his lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom