Here we go again another fake

I actually think this one coul be genuine?

I'm not so sure. He sells too many Morrissey's and I'm not sure about the M and the O. The seller is alright (sometimes) but I'm not convinced enough to buy one of his Morrissey's. I say this because when I picked my last one up I was looking at one or two that he had and decided against it. I wouldn't give it a definite thumbs down but I'm not certain enough.

When you're looking at what's real or not in an autograph you need to get various known authentic examples of that autograph and check for consistencies. For example, you'll find Morrissey has been signing the M and the o in his name consistently for the past four or five years. The R's have only recently persistently started sloping backwards and the rest of his autograph is too inconsistent to really use as a benchmark for authenticity. If he keeps signing as he has been recently everything'll be whole lot easier!

I think what you're doing is commendable but you need to be more scientific in your process :thumb:

Last edited:
This is why (and I said it here before) I would never consider purchasing a signed Moz/Smiths item. Just dont wanna have sleepless nights thinking about that M in a particular way or O in the other way. But maybe that day Moz was feeling sleepy or drunk so the two R are in that way. Sorry guys but I just throw my thoughts in..
Cheers Moz

Pretty well done but just another fake I m afraid. Of course, I m not here to make enemies but if you trust my judgement, avoid this one.

The one that ROKY posted that is signed in 2002 on the Best Of Morrissey LP is very very real.

I'm not so sure. He sells too many Morrissey's and I'm not sure about the M and the O. The seller is alright (sometimes) but I'm not convinced enough to buy one of his Morrissey's. I say this because when I picked my last one up I was looking at one or two that he had and decided against it. I wouldn't give it a definite thumbs down but I'm not certain enough.

When you're looking at what's real or not in an autograph you need to get various known authentic examples of that autograph and check for consistencies. For example, you'll find Morrissey has been signing the M and the o in his name consistently for the past four or five years. The R's have only recently persistently started sloping backwards and the rest of his autograph is too inconsistent to really use as a benchmark for authenticity. If he keeps signing as he has been recently everything'll be whole lot easier!

I think what you're doing is commendable but you need to be more scientific in your process :thumb:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The one that ROKY posted that is signed in 2002 on the Best Of Morrissey LP is very very real.

Thanks Elephant6ers, you are correct. Signed in 2002

I think its fake on reflection but it looks more convincing than your ebay sig. Not having a go, just saying.

I think its fake on reflection but it looks more convincing than your ebay sig. Not having a go, just saying.

I wish I had infinite patience but I haven't.

I know my ebay sig is genuine, I know who collected it, when they collected it and having done more than a bit of research into Morrissey signatures I know more than just a little bit about what's genuine and what isn't. And mine is.

I've tried to contribute in a positive fashion on here by giving a bit of advice. Part of my advice is to not buy something if you don't like the look of it and that includes my item. But to persist with the claim that it isn't real is frankly ridiculous. It's fairly clear that the only autograph examples that you're willing to accept as genuine are those that have been collected in a very calm, controlled environment. Well anyone who collects autographs on mass knows that is no benchmark on how to measure whether something is authentic or not. That's why you have to take a lot of examples of an autograph, as many as possible but a minimum of three, and have them sat in front of you and to actually compare and contrast them for points that match in an autograph. You obviously aren't doing this and you're going on a hunch of what feels right - this is also part of what you should do but you're not doing the rest of it and then dispatching "advice" on a public forum which to my mind isn't really on. If you're going to do something then do it properly!

I wish I had infinite patience but I haven't.

I know my ebay sig is genuine, I know who collected it, when they collected it and having done more than a bit of research into Morrissey signatures I know more than just a little bit about what's genuine and what isn't. And mine is.

I've tried to contribute in a positive fashion on here by giving a bit of advice. Part of my advice is to not buy something if you don't like the look of it and that includes my item. But to persist with the claim that it isn't real is frankly ridiculous. It's fairly clear that the only autograph examples that you're willing to accept as genuine are those that have been collected in a very calm, controlled environment. Well anyone who collects autographs on mass knows that is no benchmark on how to measure whether something is authentic or not. That's why you have to take a lot of examples of an autograph, as many as possible but a minimum of three, and have them sat in front of you and to actually compare and contrast them for points that match in an autograph. You obviously aren't doing this and you're going on a hunch of what feels right - this is also part of what you should do but you're not doing the rest of it and then dispatching "advice" on a public forum which to my mind isn't really on. If you're going to do something then do it properly!

so you want us to imagine that morrissey "was running out of the hotel-x to his car with hoards of paparazzi around him" when he signed it?

perhaps thats the case with this one too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-vauxhall-and-I-CD-MORRISSEY-The-Smiths_W0QQitemZ280648373131

so you want us to imagine that morrissey "was running out of the hotel-x to his car with hoards of paparazzi around him" when he signed it?

perhaps thats the case with this one too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-vauxhall-and-I-CD-MORRISSEY-The-Smiths_W0QQitemZ280648373131

Nope. You can believe whatever you want:)

It wasn't signed in those conditions but Morrissey didn't stop for a chin wag:thumb:

As for the link in your post, I'll take it that you're just being obnoxious for the sake of it.

On a purely professional level Morrissey is known as one of the hardest signing celebrities that there is. Fans on the other hand know that he will sign for you and even share a small conversation.

That's the reason why the Morrissey in my autograph collection is from a controlled signing and this one's up for sale. Neither is more real than the other but I'm going with the signed poster for myself just out of personal preference as it's a better autograph.

Last edited:
Nope. You can believe whatever you want:)

As for the link in your post, I'll take it that you're just being obnoxious for the sake of it.

i posted the link cos of the title of this thread.

That's the reason why the Morrissey in my autograph collection is from a controlled signing and this one's up for sale. Neither is more real than the other but I'm going with the signed poster for myself just out of personal preference as it's a better autograph.

neither is more real than the other?

Ok then, on every level I don't like that one, no.[/qoute]

reminds me of the beethoven one posted the other day.

Well, I have three Morrissey autographs, all look different but all are real. Your point is?

that maybe they are being discussed in the right place.

Ok then, on every level I don't like that one, no.[/qoute]

reminds me of the beethoven one posted the other day.

that maybe they are being discussed in the right place.

The point is that what reminds you of whatever else is neither here nor there and until you look at autographs with a certain procedure you'll make one mistake after another.

Both of them are farking FAKE!

Bizarrely enough, one of them isn't! Something which I'm having a little trouble - understandably - to get people to grasp. Morrissey signatures aren't quite the narrow version that people believe to be true. I think I said much earlier in the thread that I wouldn't buy a Morrissey unless I personally knew the person who collected it. He's a hell of a lot harder to authenticate - for better or worse - than a lot of people on here appear to believe. If you're going to buy one then your best bet is one that Morrissey has officially sanctioned as you'll never have any doubts.

Mind, I'm looking for a plain old Morrissey autograph on a white card or similar so if anyone fancies flogging me one of these I'm open to offers:thumb:

Tags
#strangewaysherewecome autograph newfavethread signature signed
Back
Top Bottom