Help!!!!

K

kerissa

There's this singer that I heard last summer and I saw the end of his video on MTV2 tonight, but I can find nothing on him. Please help me find this guy's cd. His name is is Manu Choa. I could be spelling it wrong, but he's such a good musician. So please, please, please help me find this guy.

> There's this singer that I heard last summer and I saw the end
> of his video on MTV2 tonight, but I can find nothing on him.
> Please help me find this guy's cd. His name is is Manu Choa. I
> could be spelling it wrong, but he's such a good musician. So
> please, please, please help me find this guy.

I think the correct spelling is actually Manu Chao.... He's into world music kind of thing, bit of salsa, bit of reggae, bit of pop. His debut album three years ago was called "Clandestino", and he had a bit of a hit over here with "Bongo Bongo". The new album is out but I don't know what it's called.

He also used to be in a critically acclaimed band called "mano negra" who put out about 5 albums...

oh, and the track, by the way, I think is called "king of bongo" as is one of Mano Negra's albums....

Long Live Mano Negra

Manu Chao was the lead singer and songwriter of Mano Negra, which was one of the truly great bands of the late 80's/early 90's. Their best album was Puta's Fever, with the smash-hit "King Kong Five". King of the Bongo was a fairly good album, but Patchanka, their debut, was better.

> He also used to be in a critically acclaimed band called
> "mano negra" who put out about 5 albums...

> oh, and the track, by the way, I think is called "king of
> bongo" as is one of Mano Negra's albums....

Hello,
the last released of Manu Chao is called "Próxima Estación: Tren Esperanza " ( Next Stop : Train Hope )...this album is a mix of reggae,latin music and it's sang in three different languages ( spanish, english and french )...is more an accoustic album. But if you are looking for a good cd, i highly recommend Mano Negra's Casa Babylon...and there is also a compilation called The Best Of Mano Negra....
Manu Chao is known for being a traveller, he plays everywhere...from a luxury hall to an open bar...and his humility is well received by the fans.
Try some searchs at yahoo.
i hope this helps a little.

Hpmfh... I know that you cannot argue about taste. Never the less, in my book Casa Babylon is the weakest of the Mano Negra albums. Puta's Fever is _objectively_ stronger.

> But if you are looking for a good cd, i highly recommend
> Mano Negra's Casa Babylon.