Gene Coming to SF!

M

mozette21

Great! For those of you who live in the area, you really should check them out. And what's this i hear about new order members opening? This is almost as exciting as seeing Moz!

INFO:
GENE is coming to Bimbo’s 365 Club on Wednesday, September 4th.
You will not want to miss the live performance by this legendary brit-pop band. Gene began in 1995 by winning an NME Brat Award for Best New Band. Over the years, they continued to produce their distinctive pop sound utilizing layered keyboards and soulful vocals and their phenomenally devoted fan base grew. Seven years after their debut, Gene is still crafting Grade A brit-pop, albeit with more maturity and grace.
RUN RUN RUN (featuring members of NEW ORDER) will open the show.

Wednesday, September 4
GENE plus RUN RUN RUN Doors at 7pm. Show at 8pm. Tickets are $15. 18 & over are welcome.

For more information on Gene check out http://www.snappermusic.com/gene/

Tickets are available at all BASS outlets, online through ticketweb.com, or at the club office Monday through Friday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM. For more information call (415) 474-0365.
http://www.bimbos365club.com

Members of New Order OPENING for Gene?? What, has Gillian gone solo?

> RUN RUN RUN (featuring members of NEW ORDER) will open the show.

Jesus Christ, that's pushing it a bit. From their website: "guitarist Phil Cunningham took a small leave of absence to complete a sold out two month
UK stadium tour with his other full time band, the legendary masters of electronic music - NEW ORDER."

So this "Phil Cunningham" character qualifies as "members of New Order"?

If I were in New Order I'd sack him on the spot. Dick.

> So this "Phil Cunningham" character qualifies as "members
> of New Order"?

Yes, 'a member of new order', seeing as he's been playing with them for around 18 months.

> If I were in New Order I'd sack him on the spot. Dick.

Why is that? Jealous?

Phil used to be in Marion (managed by Joe Moss, produced by Johnny Marr). He played regularly with Electronic, and was in Tailgunner for a period. The then joined New Order playing guitar & keyboards. He is now a full time member of Run Run Run. He's worked hard to get where he is, so why give him shit?

Dick.

A) If he really is an official member, he would be in the press shots. He isn't. He's a hired hand.

B) Even if he was a "member", there is only one of him, and that doesn't qualify as MEMBERS, that's implying that at least TWO members of New Order are involved, which would be at least half of New Order, which makes it sound MUCH more interesting than it is.
He may have worked hard to get where he is, he may even be good, but he's still milking the name New Order in a tasteless and misleading way. (Which is why, if I was in New Order, I would sack him. And if I WAS in New Order, I obviously wouldn't be jealous of him, that's just silly.)

By the way, I find it amusing that after all the nasty things you've said about Moz, you decide to stick up for "Phil". Why don't you go hang around on his website instead, since you like him better. I have a feeling you wouldn't be missed here...

> A) If he really is an official member, he would be in the press shots. He
> isn't. He's a hired hand.

He has been playing with them for over 18 months. He may be a 'hired hand', but N.O wouldn't sound as good without him. Weren't Andy & Mike hired hands in the Smiths, even though they appeared in pics?? Morrissey & Marr said so anyway! Were Rourke & Joyce not classed as 'members of the Smiths'?

> B) Even if he was a "member", there is only one of him, and that
> doesn't qualify as MEMBERS,

As you conveniently ignored, I said 'a member' of N.O. So what? There was a typo!

> that's implying that at least TWO members of
> New Order are involved, which would be at least half of New Order, which
> makes it sound MUCH more interesting than it is.

Oh pack it in! What do you want? Hooky & Bernard? All you had to do was check out the bands website & you'd see exactly who the members of 'Run Run Run' are! Which is obviously exactly what you did!

> He may have worked hard to get where he is, he may even be good, but he's
> still milking the name New Order in a tasteless and misleading way.

And you think that the press release was sent out *without* the approval of New Order? Think again.

> (Which is why, if I was in New Order, I would sack him. And if I WAS in New
> Order, I obviously wouldn't be jealous of him, that's just silly.)

But you *aren't* in New Order, are you? So why give such stupid advice to those who *are* members of the band? You're jealous of his success.

> By the way, I find it amusing that after all the nasty things you've said
> about Moz, you decide to stick up for "Phil". Why don't you go
> hang around on his website instead, since you like him better.

Maybe I *do* hang around his website?? How do you know otherwise?

What on Earth has my defending of Phil Cunningham got to do with any comments I might make about Morrissey? This thread is regarding New Order, no?

> I have a feeling you wouldn't be missed here...

And you *would*, mr. 'Why'?

You are so stupid, I couldn't even begin to explain! And that's with my remarklable talent for expressing *exactly* how I feel about any given subject!

Re: New Order Coming to SF!

> He has been playing with them for over 18 months. He may be a 'hired
> hand', but N.O wouldn't sound as good without him. Weren't Andy & Mike
> hired hands in the Smiths, even though they appeared in pics?? Morrissey
> & Marr said so anyway! Were Rourke & Joyce not classed as 'members
> of the Smiths'?

But he's not a member! From New Order's official website, the members of the band are:

Peter Hook (Bass, Vocals)
Bernard Sumner (Guitar, Bass)
Gillian Gilbert (Guitar, Synth, Backing Vocals)
Stephen Morris (Drums, Synth)

Sorry, but I'll take the band's word for it rather than yours or Phil's. Or are you Phil? Hmm.
And I'm not arguing about whether or not he's any good, I've no idea, I'm just saying it's really uncool to go around saying Run Run Run has memberS of New Order in it when it doesn't. He's milking his connection with the band, and to be honest, I think it makes New Order look bad to say that some of their members are opening for Gene. (I like Gene, but I'm referring to their level of success/status)

> As you conveniently ignored, I said 'a member' of N.O. So what? There was
> a typo!

I'm not blaming YOU for the 'MEMBERS', but I don't think it was just a typo. It was a very convienient one if it was. That one little 's' gives RRR a HUGE boost in credibility. As I said, it implies that at least HALF of N.O. is in the band. When in fact none of it is.

> Oh pack it in! What do you want? Hooky & Bernard? All you had to do
> was check out the bands website & you'd see exactly who the members of
> 'Run Run Run' are! Which is obviously exactly what you did!

Yes but not everyone will bother to do that.

> And you think that the press release was sent out *without* the approval
> of New Order? Think again.

Yeah, the guy hired to play some guitar and keyboards when N.O. tour bothers to get the press releases for his own band approved by N.O., I'm sure. He also asks permission to go to the toilet.

> But you *aren't* in New Order, are you? So why give such stupid advice to
> those who *are* members of the band? You're jealous of his success.
> Maybe I *do* hang around his website?? How do you know otherwise?

No, but I'm in a far more successful band (even if I'm only the drummer). And I wasn't giving them advice, why would I try to get a message to them through Morrissey's messageboard? If and when I have any advice for them, I'll ring them. Or mention it next time they come to one of my gigs. Although, come to think of it I've suspected for some time that Improper is actually Barney. Similar mentality, you know.

> What on Earth has my defending of Phil Cunningham got to do with any
> comments I might make about Morrissey? This thread is regarding New Order,
> no?

God lighten up, I was joking, I just found it funny that you slag Moz off all the time but get all defensive when someone says something you don't like about this Phil character.

> And you *would*, mr. 'Why'?

Nope, I don't think anyone would even notice if I never came back.

> You are so stupid, I couldn't even begin to explain! And that's with my
> remarklable talent for expressing *exactly* how I feel about any given
> subject!

Hee hee, I'm glad I've got you tongue tied!

All the best,
Larry Mullen

Re: New Order Coming to SF!

> All the best,
> Larry Mullen

Haha. You missed off the 'Jr.'

Back
Top Bottom