From Morrissey to Morrisons ....

Mad Vespa said:
Could have been exactly what Morrissey himself would have said!
:D

I know i stole it from an interview where he was asked if he was still celibate
and he said "only on bank holidays and weekends"

:D

i've met quite a few people in moz/smiths tees. often it's a good ice-breaker, especially at gigs. but sometimes if i meet someone in the street and i say i like the artist on their t-shirt, they seem to act like they've never heard of them before! maybe it's like the ramones t-shirt thing - people get a ramones t-shirt from topshop or H&M but dont actually listen to them...
i've never had the "morrissons" thing, but i've had people saying they dont know who morrissey is or who the smiths were.

helmoz said:
i've met quite a few people in moz/smiths tees. often it's a good ice-breaker, especially at gigs. but sometimes if i meet someone in the street and i say i like the artist on their t-shirt, they seem to act like they've never heard of them before! maybe it's like the ramones t-shirt thing - people get a ramones t-shirt from topshop or H&M but dont actually listen to them...
i've never had the "morrissons" thing, but i've had people saying they dont know who morrissey is or who the smiths were.
aaahh does that completely annoy me. Some girl at my school wore a Siouxsie & The Banshees t-shirt not too long ago. I've come to realize her take on music revolves around the Pussycat Dolls and Jessica Simpson. So Upsetting..

My dad incessently teases me about Moz/The Smiths, doing his dreadful Moz imitations, and his verbal 'How Soon is Now' chords. He also calls Moz nothing but Morrisson, and spends hours telling me just how superior the Beatles were to The Smiths- I wouldn't mind, but he never stops! My Auntie also mistakes him for Jim Morrisson.

helmoz said:

Somebody I work with said to me the the other week ''Ooh I saw that Morrissey on telly the other night and he just looked like a bloke, singing''

Denia said:
aaahh does that completely annoy me. Some girl at my school wore a Siouxsie & The Banshees t-shirt not too long ago. I've come to realize her take on music revolves around the Pussycat Dolls and Jessica Simpson. So Upsetting..

indeed, I really can't link it. Like this girl in my school, she once wore this Clash-Tshirt, and I was like 'wow'! but then walked around with Greenday-buttons on her shirts and bags...There is no such thing in life as normal.

wolve said:
indeed, I really can't link it. Like this girl in my school, she once wore this Clash-Tshirt, and I was like 'wow'! but then walked around with Greenday-buttons on her shirts and bags...There is no such thing in life as normal.
Greenday isn't nearly as bad, but the musical "jump" does shock me. They wear the clothing for show, but their real taste in music is just one big BLAAH.

I quite frequently wear my Smiths/ Moz t-shirts in the hope I may find a fellow fan one day, I don't know whether it's the crappy area I live in, but most people seem oblivious. I do find men seem to look at them more though, and when I was wearing the fabulous 'Your Arsenal' cover t-shirt, one guy almost walked into me as he was going by he was that taken with it, quite amusing!

I do the same thing.. and only a couple people notice here and there and then they ask who he is.. it's ok though I like telling people about him. The only input I remember is some girl saying " It should be illegal how much you like him" only because I wore three shirts that week. (that's not that obbsessive, although I am)

My dad said if Morrissey was black the band would have been called The Blacksmiths!

He's a biggot!!
But there is a band called The Blacksmiths! They are a Smiths/Black Sabbath tribute band, and they play combinations of their songs. :D

Eh whaat???
If this is not a joke, could you upload some songs?

they actually are real believe it or not! they used to have the website blacksmiths.ws but it doesn't work any more. that website, when it existed, had some mp3s of their songs, with titles like "into the bigmouth" (combined "bigmouth strikes again" with "into the void"). i have them on my other computer, i'll upload them later.

My dad incessently teases me about Moz/The Smiths, doing his dreadful Moz imitations, and his verbal 'How Soon is Now' chords. He also calls Moz nothing but Morrisson, and spends hours telling me just how superior the Beatles were to The Smiths- I wouldn't mind, but he never stops!

when i was a little kid, whenever i got into a band, my parents would go "ah, but they're not as good as the beatles!"
i thought, if the beatles are so good, why don't my parents have any of their records in the house?
i began to think that they never really existed, they were just invented in a conspiracy by parents to make kids shut up whenever they try to tell their parents about their new favourite bands :D
(in the end i actually got some beatles cds myself, and really liked them, but i still wonder why people seem to think that no other band will ever be as good as them!)

Back
Top Bottom