For the meat eaters - Find The Best Burgers With Handy Hotlist

When I was working on the West Coast I had to try it, gotta say it was pretty good for fast food. We have a local chain called 5 Guys Burgers and Fries which is all the rage. Burgers are good but HUGE, I tend to make myself sick when I attempt to eat one. Really, a small hamburger and fries from this place could feed a family.

My fave burger is from Ollies Trolley - nicely spiced burger and fries served in a reasonable size.

ollies-trolley.JPG

ollies-trolley sounds damn good. I've never heard of 5 Guys Burgers & Fries but sounds great too. When I go to a place like Red Robin, I get the mushroom burger and slice it in half because I'm not going to force myself to eat it all, plus then I can have dessert :D Also, another thing- they WILL cook your burger any way you want it. I happen to like them rare.

it's some weird conspiracy i tell you! just a couple days ago i was having this exact conversation with someone. i dont think they really exist. :cool:

What a coincidence. Same here in NY.

Sonic opened kind of near me and we went to it last weekend: The Mrs., the baby and myself.
It was like 100 degrees outside.

We pull up and the have the "drive-in" kind of order boards where you order and pay and then a Sonic employee skates over with the food "Happy Days" like. They also had a covered patio like area to sit and eat. But they had no inside seating - none at all.

We did not stay. We did not want to sit in the 100 degree weather even if it is in the shade and we didn't want to sit in the van in the sun.

I have been to a Sonic before in Arizona and it had indoor seating.

Why would an eating establishment build a place with no indoor seating where the temperatures get over 100 degrees in the summer and in the winter it can rain almost non stop for days at a time?

I'm not going to want to sit in my car in a downpour and have some shlump skate my food to me in.

I wonder if they are of any relation to "Checkers". Checkers is set up the same way. There is no indoor seating simply tables outside around the establishment. Checkers also has two drive throughs and the kitchen is in the middle of them.

oWhen I go to a place like Red Robin, I get the mushroom burger and slice it in half because I'm not going to force myself to eat it all, plus then I can have dessert :D Also, another thing- they WILL cook your burger any way you want it. I happen to like them rare.

Oh - I forgot about Red Robin! They have very tasty meat! Of course the ones around here are located way out in the 'burbs so I haven't been to one in about 3 years.

I present to you...

All American of Massapequa Long Island.

all-american-front.jpg

Their website: http://www.allamericanhamburger.us/

There is only one location and the only negative thing people have to say about it is that there are not any others. I know of people that make sure they stop by no matter where they are staying in the local area to grab a burger. I know people in Brooklyn that specifically travel for an hour to go there.

Basically it is teh last of the original 50's style hamburger mom and pop drive ups. Their fries are incomparable and are on a "Nathan's" level where they are often imitated but never duplicated.

Speaking of- Anyone else notice that the food at Nathans in Coney Island is better than the food at any other Nathans? Whenever we are driving to AC we do a massive pull over and stop in Coney Island to grab some dogs and fries.

Last edited:
Oh - I forgot about Red Robin! They have very tasty meat! Of course the ones around here are located way out in the 'burbs so I haven't been to one in about 3 years.

Oh, they're so good! I feel very guilty eating meat but...I have no excuse. :cool: I haven't been to Red Robin in about a year! ( because it's in mall, not that I'm anti mall or anything. I just preferred their old location.

Back
Top Bottom