Festival?

Dupree

Tharr she blows!
Hello

Do you think Morrissey will play a festival this year? If so, which do you think he will play? Will you go?

I would be interested in going if he did but I don't have a clue which he would do!

It would be great if he played Retrofest, but I can't see him playing alongside the likes of The Bangles, Howard Jones, The Bangles and Bjorn Again. Should be a fantastic weekend though!

love

GU, Grim would never lower himself to the likes of this!!

I hope he comes to Hungary, to the Sziget Festival in August. I hope but I don't think he will... :tears:

Morrissey was rumoured to play Wireless last year with Paul weller however they both pulled out. Moz because he was on tour and weller because he got the call from glastonbury. SO perhaps Moz will appear there, he has in the past.

The North Manchester Summer Festival in Harpurhey's Queens Park would be good. It would be a little different than the usual features consisting of circus tricks, face painting and bouncy castle et al:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Isle of Wight. For a laugh.

honestly, i don't like seeing our man at festivals... sure, it's great to see him either way, but when you think that he could easily have played a nice little club-show instead...well. it's just less intimate and he doesn't really seem as comfortable in those settings a lot of the time anyway.

The North Manchester Summer Festival in Harpurhey's Queens Park would be good. It would be a little different than the usual features consisting of circus tricks, face painting and bouncy castle et al:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

What weekend does that take place? Because I am well connected, I can probably get him booked at the Irish Festival at Gaelic Park in Oak Forest, Illinois. That's Memorial Day weekend (last weekend in May). It's pretty cool, Black 47 and Dropkick Murphys usually play that festival. They do offer face painting as well. And beer.

SHIT! I just looked at their site and saw that Damien Dempsey played there last year. And I didn't go.

honestly, i don't like seeing our man at festivals... sure, it's great to see him either way, but when you think that he could easily have played a nice little club-show instead...well. it's just less intimate and he doesn't really seem as comfortable in those settings a lot of the time anyway.

Allthough he should try a festival like Öya (which he did), Accelerator or Way Out West. No Roskilde, Hultsfred, Roch am Ring or Glastonbury.

Does anyone think Morrissey will play something like Reading, Leeds, O2, V, Isle of Wight etc?

No, until he releases 9th studio album in autumn he should rest well rather than appearing festivals.

In Spain it is rumoured he could be at Summercase festival. But personally I don't think that rumour will became true.

he ism playing Blackburns Arts in the Park(free entry), in the past we have had headliners such as, Rolf Harris, The Lightning seeds, Proclaimers and The Undertones

Does anyone think Morrissey will play something like Reading, Leeds, O2, V, Isle of Wight etc?

Its always possible i suppose. It kind of depends on what else is happening - if there is an album or single to promote then it makes sense to be at as many events as possible.

I saw him at Reading a few years back and of course it was good to see him as always but festivals arent really the best place for him - too big, too many non Moz fans, too much mud etc etc. I think he prefers being in a smaller venue himself.

Back
Top Bottom