Favorite Lines or Passages from "Autobiography"

I get it. The lie you tell yourself: He should love me just as I am or he is not worth loving. The truth: You fear intimacy. You don't make any effort to be attractive to the opposite sex because you fear rejection. Safer to be alone. That way you can't be hurt. And so you remain a bit overweight and unkempt in order to keep would be suitors at arms length. You say you want unconditional love. There is no such thing. Love is conditional. All love, including romantic. You are suffering from arrested development. Still searching for daddy's approval. Ain't gonna get it from daddy. Or any man. Time to grow up.

Wow. Crone mama over here is dishing up relationship advice, I better pay attention. Every single one of your posts reads like a match.com profile prompt answer in your desperate attempt to paint a picture of who you are instead of just being yourself. But the real you is waiting for the hot tub time machine to transport you back to 1990 sitting on a couch watching pop up video and being thinner and popular and less wrinkly yet I'm the one with arrested development? Lulz.

Wow. Crone mama over here is dishing up relationship advice, I better pay attention. Every single one of your posts reads like a match.com profile prompt answer in your desperate attempt to paint a picture of who you are instead of just being yourself. But the real you is waiting for the hot tub time machine to transport you back to 1990 sitting on a couch watching pop up video and being thinner and popular and less wrinkly yet I'm the one with arrested development? Lulz.

That post wasn't about me. It was about you.

Anywaaaaaaay, back on the topic of favorite passages from the book...

Back
Top Bottom