Elaine Stritch dies - true-to-you.net

Elaine Stritch dies - true-to-you.net
17 July 2014

Elaine was my friend for a while. She was, of course, a demented genius - in loveable ways.
Can we appreciate the people who are around us right now? The answer, of course, is No, for we are all pathetic human beings.

It takes death for us to say aloud: thank you for everything, Elaine Stritch.

Morrissey
Switzerland, 2014.

Related news:

Elaine Stritch, Tart-Tongued Broadway Actress and Singer, Is Dead at 89 - The NY Times

Excerpt:

Elaine Stritch, the brassy, tart-tongued Broadway actress and singer who became a living emblem of show business durability and perhaps the leading interpreter of Stephen Sondheim’s wryly acrid musings on aging, died on Thursday at her home in Birmingham, Mich. She was 89.

Last edited:
I had never heard of Elaine Stritch, but from the stories on this thread and Morrissey's account of her, she sounds really annoying :straightface:
'Sounds' really annoying? Erm... Elaine died. Or did you just read the first three words?

How a eulogy from Morrissey for someone he was friendly with could render such hate and disdain from so many people here is remarkable (and disgusting) beyond comparison. The cynicism you guys possess is on a frighteningly high level. You all must be impossible to live with and the streets you tread upon surely are unsafe for any sane person.

I pity you. You are frightful and unloveable. You know who you are.
You hit the nail DEAD CENTER, on the head. Perfect post.

'Sounds' really annoying? Erm... Elaine died. Or did you just read the first three words?

No, I know she's dead - people can continue to be annoying after they die. Especially famous ones of whom there are lots of recordings of them yelling.

No, I know she's dead - people can continue to be annoying after they die. Especially famous ones of whom there are lots of recordings of them yelling.

I agree. I don't understand the love for her at all.

Back
Top Bottom