Draw Something! - Album Covers Edition

7396499478_ba8c2370a9.jpg

:p

Morrissey
Swords

Bravo!!!

Are you referring to post 198? I didn't copy and paste the eyes, but rather, used photo editing to paint them. I spent the most time on that one--a few hours. The rest I did in 15-30 minutes.

I spent a couple hours on this illustrator one. I'm housesitting and the mac has CS3 and the color pallette options are WAY different than my copy at home, so it took forever dinking around with buttons just to figure out the pallette system. But I have now and it's pretty darn handy!

Your an ace with Photoshop. :cool:

I spent a couple hours on this illustrator one. I'm housesitting and the mac has CS3 and the color pallette options are WAY different than my copy at home, so it took forever dinking around with buttons just to figure out the pallette system. But I have now and it's pretty darn handy!

Your an ace with Photoshop. :cool:

You did a great job. Quick learner. Actually, I still have not fixed my laptop that had my Photoshop CS4 on it. So I was forced to use a free online program call Pixlr. It is pretty good but the filter options suck and the cloning feature is way primitive. You can't clone from one image to another. Thus, I had stopped making my art for a while--until you started this thread. I decided to try my hands at being creative with this online software. My early covers were simple--little effort was made. But my last one is closer to my art I was making with CS4. Thanks for starting this thread. I was on a creative hiatus for a while there. I think you are very creative and have excellent social skills. This makes you a wonderful forum contributor. This is my ass kissing for the day. Time to be mean. Kidding.

7398904824_1c6119831b.jpg

The Best of The Doors ~ Same thing, right.

7404162248_de139d683a.jpg

I think I like this version better. What do you think?

It's super freaky how real you make the eyes look. You excel at shading too. Fun practice.

It's super freaky how real you make the eyes look. You excel at shading too. Fun practice.

If the image were much larger, the eyes wouldn't look as good. There is a lot less detail to them than perhaps they appear to have. The most challenging part was those damn nipples. Haha.

Oh, I have two questions for you. Did you continue to watch Girls through all ten episodes? I have a crush on Adam. What do you think about this character? Secondly, have you read Fifty Shades of Grey? I just got on board and must say I am enjoying it so far. :p It's so lowbrow, but I don't care. I don't know how they'll be able to make a movie out of it without an NC-17 rating.

If the image were much larger, the eyes wouldn't look as good. There is a lot less detail to them than perhaps they appear to have. The most challenging part was those damn nipples. Haha.

Oh, I have two questions for you. Did you continue to watch Girls through all ten episodes? I have a crush on Adam. What do you think about this character? Secondly, have you read Fifty Shades of Grey? I just got on board and must say I am enjoying it so far. :p It's so lowbrow, but I don't care. I don't know how they'll be able to make a movie out of it without an NC-17 rating.

I skipped a few episodes in the middle but I watched the last three, including the finale which I loved. My first impression of Adam was that bizarre sex scene where he was f***ing her like a school girl or something and I of course that WTF is this guy all about, but he grew on me too in an odd way. I'm loving the dynamic of the coffee shop guy and the virgin, I was so glad that happened.

I have not read Fifty Shades of Grey. A friend gave me the Cliff Notes version of it...f***ed up guy with intimacy issues falls for girl who must suffer self esteem problems and the sexual chemistry that ensues. I can't imagine ever crushing on a guy that hated being hugged though unless I was into the ultimate challenge. Life's too short. :p Lemme know if you think I should read it. I just checked out a Ruth Rendell book from the library, the opposite of sexual page-turner. :rolleyes: I love a mystery!

Did you see SNL's Mother's Day spoof featuring 50 Shades of Gray? Hilarious!

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/amazon-mothers-day-ad/1400037

Last edited:
I skipped a few episodes in the middle but I watched the last three, including the finale which I loved. My first impression of Adam was that bizarre sex scene where he was f***ing her like a school girl or something and I of course that WTF is this guy all about, but he grew on me too in an odd way. I'm loving the dynamic of the coffee shop guy and the virgin, I was so glad that happened.

I have not read Fifty Shades of Grey. A friend gave me the Cliff Notes version of it...f***ed up guy with intimacy issues falls for girl who must suffer self esteem problems and the sexual chemistry that ensues. I can't imagine ever crushing on a guy that hated being hugged though unless I was into the ultimate challenge. Life's too short. :p Lemme know if you think I should read it. I just checked out a Ruth Rendell book from the library, the opposite of sexual page-turner. :rolleyes: I love a mystery!

Did you see SNL's Mother's Day spoof featuring 50 Shades of Gray? Hilarious!

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/amazon-mothers-day-ad/1400037

That video is a hoot. I sent it via email to my Mom. She'll get a kick out of it, I'm sure. I'm halfway through the book. So far it isn't any more graphic or violent than American Psycho. Bret Easton Ellis, the author of AP, wants to pen the FSOG screenplay. I don't see that happening. I don't think E.L. James is gonna want to hand over creative control to him. He had his day, now it's hers. She'll probably work with an unknown or a newbie. Besides, Ellis's book has a misogynistic tone to it whereas James's is not anti-woman. She's simply exploring some timeless themes regarding female desire and fantasy--all in good fun, I think.

Back
Top Bottom