Does he or doesn't he ?

HousingOfficer

I blame my mother
I have read a lot of threads suggesting that Morrissey's ill health is down to an over consumption of alcohol . Well he wouldn't be the first genius to drink too much.

Peter Cook (In my mind the best comic ever) said he found life/people dull and uninspiring and needed drink to kill the monotony.

If this is the case with Mozzer (and it really is none of our business) you could see where he is coming from.

And at the end of the day what is the more desperate behaviour, a man/woman who drinks to make life tolerable or a man/woman who spends time writing about it on internet forums ?.

I have read a lot of threads suggesting that Morrissey's ill health is down to an over consumption of alcohol . Well he wouldn't be the first genius to drink too much.

Peter Cook (In my mind the best comic ever) said he found life/people dull and uninspiring and needed drink to kill the monotony.

If this is the case with Mozzer (and it really is none of our business) you could see where he is coming from.

And at the end of the day what is the more desperate behaviour, a man/woman who drinks to make life tolerable or a man/woman who spends time writing about it on internet forums ?.

Can't you f**k off to church or somewhere else?:crazy:

Jukebox Jury

I'd say the latter, personally.

WHAT THE f***?

Too much alcohol? This is too funny and too ridiculous. You clearly have not got the first clue about Morrissey.

Think of a typical hedonistic rock star, then you have Morrissey, the complete opposite.

Of course, he drinks too much alcohol (vodka, for example).
I had rather thought he had taken some pills who did not do him good. I don't know. All I know is that he is nervously tired, it seems.
Isn't Morrissey hedonistic, when he sunbathes in Los Angeles next to a swimming pool? :rolleyes:

Let's just hope he does not go like Peter Cook. I bumped into him shortly before he died in a delicatessen shop in Hampstead and he looked like a tramp. Very sad!

Hey HousingOfficer!

I would like to firsly appologise for some of the disgusting language and abuse you've been getting on this thread .. but i notice your new and probably not used to it. It's quite common on here. Just ignore it and rise above it.

In order of the question, i don't think its alcohol. I do wonder if it's some kind of substance though. Unlikely, but possible. I certainly feel there is something very not right about him. Maybe just simply growing old .. i just don't know

x

Last edited:

Hmmmm, I was thinking something similar actually. There is definitely something wrong with him.

He's not doing drugs. He better not be. :mad: I don't think he is, though. I think you're just seeing the TEGO associated with vesselness or whatever. My dad says all the time, "Where are you space cadet?" You just zone out to let your mind rest kind of thing. I feel like Elizabeth Taylor talking about myself, but I'm just trying to illustrate from personal experience that he's not on drugs or crocked or whatever. He's tried/tired.

I don't want to speculate too much, but I think it's more likely to be stress / depression related than it is chemical. The Swindon collapse - 'breathing difficulties' and all - seemed closer to something like a panic attack than substance abuse. I think he's feeling the affects of all of this touring, anyway - I'd like to think that we won't see any lengthy lists of forthcoming shows for three or four years after this one is out of the way.

Where is everyone getting this 'vodka and Morrisseys love of it' from?

Sorru but I've not seen any post telling it.

Morrissey doesn't drink so much that he can't remain on stages.

He is still ill from the news of Oasis calling it quits.

Don't worry HousingOfficer. You'll never meet more easily agitated humans than some here on solo.

This was the same poster who did the "Is this a Liverpool hates Manchester thing ?" which upset a lot of people but I guess you don't understand.
when he had added the fuel to the flames on that thread he posted this one a short time later.

of course he wanted emotive reactions.

Tags
alcohol morrissey
Back
Top Bottom