Do you think we will get some last minute surpise to publicise the new album?

butley

I cannot believe the lack of advance publicity for the new album. Do you think Morrissey will play a surprise gig on the roof of the EMI Building or something? Is this his least publicised release ever? He seems to have disappeared from the face of the loneliest planet of all.

Well he has done this before, but I still find it odd that he was supposedly out in London and there's no pics. That's the only sightings we've had in a month and the album is out in days.

No. But I hope I’m wrong. I will say the Morrissey Official Facebook has been a lot more active as of late.

Surprise? You must be joking.
The man had absolutely no surprises in the setlist for his 50th birthday show.

Putting out an album now that has the nuances "World Peace" has is probably the last surprise of his lifetime, the only previous being willfully conquering obscurity and crippling introversion and heading a band as enduringly vital as the Smiths.

Surprise? You must be joking.
The man had absolutely no surprises in the setlist for his 50th birthday show.

Putting out an album now that has the nuances "World Peace" has is probably the last surprise of his lifetime, the only previous being willfully conquering obscurity and crippling introversion and heading a band as enduringly vital as the Smiths.

Last of his lifetime? Is he 80?

I don't think we'll be getting any proper promo for this album. Sigh.

And then Morrissey will point at Harvest when the album charts poorly, failing to realise that it takes two to tango any album to success. He needs to be doing interviews.

Last edited:
It is all down to how he feels.....but it is true this album is getting a very poor publicity if none at all. And with no physical singles having been released, well....

Cheers Moz

interviews would have been the best thing and i agree its been sorta quiet from his camp in that regard but i guess hes getting healthy. i was seriously saddened by the no cliff date as im a giant fan of mr richard and can easily see how hes influenced morrisseys music. even there song titles share a LOT when you compare side by side. maybe someday

Surely if he's healthy enough to attend a concert and go out to a bar he can do an interview on the telephone.

In a way though, the lack of interviews coupled with good reviews that are pouring in may help. Just playing devil's advocate.

Next week's NME will have new photos and interviews with key players on the album. Not sure if that includes him.

Back
Top Bottom