Chicago, IL - Congress Theater (Dec. 17, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Maladjusted / First Of The Gang To Die / People Are The Same Everywhere / Speedway / All The Lazy Dykes / Satellite Of Love / Meat Is Murder / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You // Still Ill

set list provided by REX

Last edited:
I was certain going to the show, it would be my last, as I just had a feeling."Let Me Die in Peace" was heard by him a couple times during the show between songs. Unsure what this may have meant exactly, unless I'm missing something."Life is but a Moment..." as intro. to I Know It's Over. Wept openly singing along to this, between taking pics and noticing a very attractive latin couple mashing lips right in front of me, which brought the pathos to the song too close to home as a solo attendee. I really can die in peace. I was "in the moment" having wanted to hear in person There is A Light, moved and ecstatic, voice shaky in singing, then Everyday is Like Sunday. Just taken over.... I knew I Know It's Over was the only one left I truly wanted or expected to hear last night, and he did not disappoint. I had wanted to hear these songs every since I saw him in Denver in 1990 for the first time as a 21 year old from a small town in Iowa. Yes, I can die in peace.My 3rd show, maybe it will last.Absolutely no other pop star fictional or otherwise has had such an influence in my life. I look forward to him not being wan and Wildean in his autobiography next year. I've been disappointed before and it really doesn't seem he truly wants to be known sometimes. I really do wish he would have yelled at the security at the end of the show. I was so moved and vulnerable after I Know It's Over and so taken with his "fantastic" response to the crowd that the hostility just shook me to the core, and was confused that he or anyone did anything to stop it or that I haven't heard anything being done in defense. I have seen so many videos, and still remember the first show being absolutely more rabid in fan's reaching him and the stage but security not being SO HOSTILE! I was truly hoping, and still do hope to hear something in the couple of young men's defense. But, why spoil a wonderful evening by officious acting officious, and the determined loved ones being kneed in the back and taken down like a man with a weapon?The more brash were heard as I walked back to my car, laughing about this. I was too shaken, and just could not understand how this brutality could be dismissed by Morrissey or anyone. My eye was on a young man that was taken down stage left in back. Still shaken, and yes still moved by the love and moxy and passion of Morrissey for us last night. A truly absurd ending though. If you can hear me.

He looked and sounded excellent. Loved the setlist, too. Loving to people watch as I do, there didn't seem to be as many pretty people as I've noticed in the past. Are your fans letting themselves go a bit, Morrissey? Anyway, doesn't matter...as all eyes should rightly be on you, Morrissey.

Curious if anyone knows more specifically what he had to say about "the pointlessness of American presidents" (to roughly quote someone from above)?

Perhaps a dig at Obama for not being progressive enough. That was my take anyway.

The idiot thug who was head of security practically dared people to try and invade before the show. Terrible attitude that escalated to terrible levels for the encore. The jack-boot line of thugs lining the stage for the whole show wanted confrontation and over reacted when they got it. During Still Ill Jesse was so disgusted he was kicking at a Security guard while playing guitar.

Note to latecomers: I stood in the cold for hours, I skipped the coat check, merch stand and bar, I haven't drank anything for 3 hours to avoid the bathroom. If you think you are going to shove by me to get the rail, you are sadly mistaken.

I don't remember when it happened, I thought this was right after Kristeen Young, but some asshole was trying to get to the very front of the pit. He was saying that he "knew" some of the people right in the front of the pit. The people had no idea who he was, so people were trying to push him back. Somehow he got back towards the front. He ended up next to me for most of the gig ):

I'm not sure if this is the same gentleman that I saw force his way from the right side of the stage, but he was a tall, heavy set fellow, who was rushing past people. I felt a surge press up against me from behind and heard a very nice elderly couple - late fifties, early sixties? - scream at the top of their lungs, "Back the f*** up! Back! You are not getting through!" This petite little woman was shoving this 6 foot guy with all her might, slapping at him, but he looked a bit out of it. He ignored everyone, had a glazed over look, and had his eyes fixated on Moz, hands extended. Someone clawed at him repeatedly from behind, demanding that he "calm down and back up!" and eventually he disappeared.

I don't remember when it happened, I thought this was right after Kristeen Young, but some asshole was trying to get to the very front of the pit. He was saying that he "knew" some of the people right in the front of the pit. The people had no idea who he was, so people were trying to push him back. Somehow he got back towards the front. He ended up next to me for most of the gig ):

Ah hah, that's what was going on. The commotion was really disruptive during the show (and I'm sure throughout).

Sorry I missed seeing you prue! I was to your left in front of Boz.

Don't forget: "Jingle smells, jingle smells, vomit all the way" hilarious!
-Brian

Loved it! May add it to my Christmas cards. ;)

I slammed onto the edge of the stage during Still Ill. I got Morrissey's attention and he walked towards me and held my hand. Best night of my life.

I think I saw that happen. Did you land hard against the stage on your upper back? Glad your efforts paid off anyway!

Skinner went for it, she was over before I knew it and missed the stage, landing in the pit. It took two security guards what seemed like 2 minutes to pry her hands off the stage. Back and forth tug-o-war. Her efforts unfortunately didn't get her a handshake, only a strangulation by security. She's a fighter, that one. *so proud*

Um, is it necessary for Theater security to be wearing guns? Damn. The stage rushing during the encore was great, other than a guy behind me trying to use me as a human springboard. Security was a bit brutal but you know we're winning when the lighting guys have to help out. Ha! Congrats to those who reached Morrissey. I hope you all have your original teeth.

Outside the venue before the show, security told me Morrissey was in a 'mood'. Something about not liking the curtains in the green room. Also, the catering company f***ed up and must have brought a tray containing meat into the dressing room. Someone lost their job last night. I was worried he'd be in a bad mood, but he was upbeat and chatty, unfortunately not with the audience. I would have liked to see some crowd/mic time interaction.

Great set list. My fave moments were There is a Light, Majadjusted, Speedway, Ouija Board and Still Ill. He sounded and looked great, the band was tight. Love Matt Walker on the drums. I flashed my 'You Are Too Frinky' sign a few times. I know he saw it the one time. That's good enough for me. ;) I took some pics but they didn't come out great. Will post the few I think are worthy. Great night overall ~ can't think of anyone else I'd rather hang outside with in the cold for 8 hours other than my Moz Posse. Luv ya - you're all mad.

Last edited:
"I think I saw that happen. Did you land hard against the stage on your upper back? Glad your efforts paid off anyway!"

Haha, Yea that was me I threw out my back and lower neck but totally worth it. Didn't feel it till I got in my car but it definitely paid off (the pre-show vodka helped ;) The security guard actually helped me up a bit. Precious moment.

Did anyone act on CrystalGeezer's suggestion to assault a young fan from this site?

Finally, someone who has the sense to ask a good question of the night. Thank you. Jeez.

The idiot thug who was head of security practically dared people to try and invade before the show. Terrible attitude that escalated to terrible levels for the encore. The jack-boot line of thugs lining the stage for the whole show wanted confrontation and over reacted when they got it. During Still Ill Jesse was so disgusted he was kicking at a Security guard while playing guitar.

Thank you for your observations!

Maybe when I thought I saw a security guard striking a fan Jesse was taking a defensive stance.

I was in the back on the floor, so it was a little fuzzy.
Your disgust helps.

"I think I saw that happen. Did you land hard against the stage on your upper back? Glad your efforts paid off anyway!"

Haha, Yea that was me I threw out my back and lower neck but totally worth it. Didn't feel it till I got in my car but it definitely paid off (the pre-show vodka helped ;) The security guard actually helped me up a bit. Precious moment.

Oh snap! Literally. I winced in sympathy pain when I saw that.

Finally, someone who has the sense to ask a good question of the night. Thank you. Jeez.

Lol! I didn't see him there. But when you're in front, you can't see anyone behind. ;)

I wanted to jack the guy in the balls who jumped on me tho. I think he separated my shoulder. :p Really bummed that I missed Jesse giving security the boot. Security did say anyone trying to get onstage would have to leave yet I saw most everyone come back into the pit. Softies.

Tour videos also had Shocking Blue's "Inkpot" and Sparks "Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth."

I believe in reference to the jingle smells, it was actually "Jingle smells, jingle smells, jingle all the vomit!" Hope he plays Alma Matters tonight! Oh and yes, he did say that America's plans to bomb Iran stemmed from "penis envy."

Jingle all the vomit....that's even better! Oh how I love him....
-Brian

I thought I saw Billy Fury and maybe Brigitte Bardot in the interval videos.

Lol! I didn't see him there. But when you're in front, you can't see anyone behind. ;)

I'm so jazzed for you guys, Corrissey! It sounds like he really put on a rocking show for you, bodily damage aside. :p :sweet:

Does anyone have video of Morrissey performing "Still Ill" last night? If so, please download and post the link.

Note to latecomers: I stood in the cold for hours, I skipped the coat check, merch stand and bar, I haven't drank anything for 3 hours to avoid the bathroom. If you think you are going to shove by me to get the rail, you are sadly mistaken.

I am with you on that.

I'm not sure if this is the same gentleman that I saw force his way from the right side of the stage, but he was a tall, heavy set fellow, who was rushing past people. I felt a surge press up against me from behind and heard a very nice elderly couple - late fifties, early sixties? - scream at the top of their lungs, "Back the f*** up! Back! You are not getting through!" This petite little woman was shoving this 6 foot guy with all her might, slapping at him, but he looked a bit out of it. He ignored everyone, had a glazed over look, and had his eyes fixated on Moz, hands extended. Someone clawed at him repeatedly from behind, demanding that he "calm down and back up!" and eventually he disappeared.

Yep, that was the guy. That elderly lady was getting so pissed at him. I felt bad for her. He disappeared for a little while, then showed up next to me again. I was not okay with it. He kept trying to inch his way in front of me, but I wouldn't let him.

Sorry I missed seeing you prue! I was to your left in front of Boz.

I'm pretty sure I saw you. I couldn't remember if it was you or not, but at the end of the show, when we were in the hall walking out, I was the guy that was stood next to you in the red plaid shirt. If I knew for sure it was you, I woulda said something, but I couldn't remember for sure.

I'm also not sure if anyone saw, but I was directly to the left of the girl who fainted right after Meat Is Murder. It scared the crap out of me. I felt her pushing on me, and then she just fell over. Luckily, we caught her before she hit the ground, then she woke up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom