Channel 4 recording of 'Transmission' last night

Jukebox Jury

Retired
I was at a recording last night of the above programme (no idea when it will be screened).
A few Smiths / Morrissey related things, nothing earth shattering but thought I'd share it anyway.

There was a pre filmed sequence added to the show which we saw, featuring Badly Drawn Boy's Damon Gough taking the Magic Numbers on a musical tour of Manchester, during which he briefly plays 'Oscilate Wildly' on piano.

They then had the (alleged) comedian Justin Moorhouse with a brief interview. He said (on Manchester music) 'I loved The Smiths, but it's nonsence to say Morrissey lives in the USA, everyone round here knows the USA is Urmston, Sale and Altrincham whilst LA is Lower Ancoats.'

Live in the studio was The Enemy, Hard Fi, Kate Nash and - the reason I was there - Siouxsie Sioux, looking absolutely stunning I must say;)
After the show I managed to wangle a few words with her (didn't mention Morrissey, thought best to give the subject a wide berth:D.) I did get her managers email address as she promised me an interview at a later date for a paper Im doing stuff for:)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom