Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey will play in Brazil this feb.
I'd like to attend the São Paulo gig but I don't see any point to piss off myself when he cancels it.

6oRrxK5.jpg
oh go and learn some Japanese or something

why do these two concerts seem like such a seismic event in morrissey land,he has cancelled so many times and yet these two seem different,gaskets being blown by the usual members.
i really feel for the ones who were going and didnt get what they paid for,hard lines.

"Friday mourning
I am dressed in black
Douse the house lights
I'm not coming back

For years I warned you
Through tears, I told you
Friday mourning,there comes a time
Before that breaks, this very smug mug of mine."

That's an easy one. Because we fill our time doing things that entertain or amuse us. And it's only entertaining talking about an artist that we care about. I care about Moz. I think most of us do. Even Skinny. He posted something earlier with several paragraphs. I wouldn't be entertained posting my views or opinions on a site dedicated to U2 or The 1975, because I don't care about them. It's as simple as that. We are here because we care. That's what I meant by filling time. We fill our time doing things we care about. Or if we have any sense we do.

Yes, we know Skinny is still in love with Moz.

“Why do we always come here
I guess we'll never know
It's like a kind of torture
To have to watch the show”

Yeah, that’s what I mean. People come here for different reasons, but can also be called ‘filling time’.

why do these two concerts seem like such a seismic event in morrissey land,he has cancelled so many times and yet these two seem different,gaskets being blown by the usual members.
i really feel for the ones who were going and didnt get what they paid for,hard lines.

One, he's never done the play an entire album thing (and still hasn't). These shows were announced on the back of several cancelations late last year. There was a 6-week break from his last shows... I think there was an optimistic sense of: "OK, he's going to take a break, regroup, and do something unique and special with these shows."

Instead, it turned out to be more of the same. For a lot of fans, it's yet more straws of disappointment on that camel's back.

Because we’re a group of people with a common interest. It really is as simple as that.
The key is, most of us also have other interests. If Morrissey is all you have in your life, then maybe you see this place differently. But if that applies to you (not you ZFG, just a general you), please understand that that’s weird.
Yeah, I guess only a teenager maybe could only have this? Agree, It would be weird otherwise.

But from Scanty’s posts, there seems to be plenty of other things happening in their life.

It’s simply that Gash saying ‘Aren't we all here for the same reason, really? Filling time?’sounded more like ‘We’re all here just filling time’ and I think there is a difference, that most of us here are not here just to fill time, and that he made clear in his second post.

One, he's never done the play an entire album thing (and still hasn't). These shows were announced on the back of several cancelations late last year. There was a 6-week break from his last shows... I think there was an optimistic sense of: "OK, he's going to take a break, regroup, and do something unique and special with these shows."

Instead, it turned out to be more of the same. For a lot of fans, it's yet more straws of disappointment on that camel's back.
cant disagree with any of that suede.i was really looking forward to see how these shows went.

Yeah, I guess only a teenager maybe could only have this? Agree, It would be weird otherwise.

But from Scanty’s posts, there seems to be plenty of other things happening in their life.

It’s simply that Gash saying ‘filling time’ sounded more like ‘just filling time’ and I think there is a difference, that most of us here are not here just to fill time, and that he made clear in his second post.
I don’t know. I think it is just filling time for a lot of people. I don’t know if it is for me, but i think it might be. I’ve got this amount of time to spend online, this site exists... So here I am. It fills my non-working, non-everything else time.
”It fills time” isn’t necessarily a negative thing. “It occupies all my time” probably is.

We are on page 26 and there are exactly 2 kinds of people commenting here:

- 99% of the people in this thread did not buy tickets and were never going to these concerts and are therefore unaffected in any way by these two cancellations, however they are here to complain because they already resent Morrissey and just want to be able to complain about him

- <1% have bought tickets to travel knowing any concert can be cancelled, and they want to be able to blame Morrissey for their own decisions which they now regret
Ok, so cancelling the concerts all over the place is ok. What is stupid is to buy tickets from official outlets for trusted venues for concerts booked months in advance to see an artist doing his job. Why trust the word of all these people, right?

It's all fine if Morrissey keeps doing this all around the globe for no valid reason whatsoever and eventually gives a lame excuse. It's all so fine if he's wandering around Paris posing for pictures or if he goes to a bar with mates after pledging sickness instead of honouring his commitment.

Maybe you should tell that to Argentinians who will not travel but risk seeing the price of the tickets lose value with inflation above 200% in a year when they get the refund for the gig that will be cancelled soon.

Last edited:
I’ve been on here for about a year, I don’t know why I’m here so often, mainly because I don’t use other social media and because so much stuff on here (intentionally or unintentionally) makes me laugh out loud.

I suppose it reminds me of how much of the internet used to be, forums for specific things that people were passionate about rather then everyone being chucked in together like some horrific social experiment.(which it is)
I’m guessing this site hasn’t really changed since it began, which is a good thing I feel.

Late at night my girlfriend is forever scrolling through Facebook looking at videos of people cooking, videos of people walking around, videos of people doing ‘life hacks’.
She will look over her shoulder and see me on this site with the ‘that again!’ face, she thinks I have an unhealthy obsession and maybe I do.

Not this schtick again. There are also pleeeenty of artists who are endlessly interesting and at the same time successful! Only Morrissey and some of his fans seem to think that these things are mutually exclusive.
That’s just my experience. I’ve unfortunately and fortunately become obsessed with Morrissey’s music. I went decades without listening to music then my mom died and I accidentally heard Morrissey again right after. That was two years ago and I’ve listened to Morrissey everyday since and rarely anything else. It has gotten me through my grief a little. I like him so much I want to come up with excuses for him. I wish I could love some other music as much. I know there are bands that I’d like especially from my teen years in the 80s but when I try listening I always just want to turn Morrisey back on again. And the popular music being pushed today doesn’t appeal much to me. I’m utterly crushed by these cancelations but I was trying to not be. It’s not working so well but at least this weekend while visiting LA I am probably going to try listening to anything but You Are the Quarry so maybe I’ll fall in love with some other music.

Fun fact: if you take the names of every venue Morrissey has canceled on and rearrange them, you get the complete works of William Shakespeare.
No, no, no. Mozi doesn’t complete anything.
Shakespeare is way over his head anyway.

Back
Top Bottom