Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Up until this morning (UK time), I was collating/posting socials from the band in the initial announcement thread.
Quoting Quarry lyrics, quoting fan's eagerness to see them, posting instruments and 'back at it' (Juan, Brendan, Jesse and Cam).
This was clearly last minute and the band certainly weren't expecting it.
Not forgetting Brendan and his "100 songs" 🙄
FWD.

Something seemed off about these shows almost from the announcement. No promotion, poor ticket sales. Even the unprecedented 2-for-1 sales couldn't save it. All of this just can't be a good sign for what's going on internally. 😥

he is as well retiring as he cant fulfill shows on a regular basis now which means more and more people will not buy tickets for future shows,its a revolving door,i actually thought that these could have been very special.

ryan you can leave yer camera in the hoose now unless you want to take a photo of the bins at the honda centre.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

90ff9a3f7304c43d9036279d71b7f2bd.gif

And here I was defending Morrissey this whole time against the online haters. I had a feeling this wouldn't happen. Really bad ticket sales, and gee I wonder why? Maybe because you've f***ed over your own fans multiple fans? Just a year ago walked away at the Greek Theatre....I'm sure all of those fans turned their head away from you then. tsk tsk. oh well.

and here i was defending him

definitely saw on twitter some people leaving from the UK in recent days. still, LA not the worst place to end up for a few days

Buckley said in a recent interview that the band knows pretty much all the songs, they have more than 100 songs learned and ready to play. So I highly doubt it's a rehearsal issue. IMO it's because of poor ticket sales, less than 50% of both venues were sold.

Oh my, this has a finality about it I feel; who would ever buy another ticket now?!
And no point blaming the band, seems they were rehearsing - the Quarry stuff isn't that challenging for the likes of Gus, Jesse & Cam, all fairly pedestrian riffs to be fair - it's always M's contribution that lift those tunes, always was. Best outcome is that the L'American gigs go ahead, using the same tired set list of late, otherwise he's toast (with no beans).

Back
Top Bottom