Best Back-to-Back-to-Back Morrissey Songs

From Beethoven Was Deaf

Seasick/Loop/Sisterama

too easy

The Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye
(I'm) The End Of The Family Line
There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends

If we include Bona Drag, then it would be "The Last of the Famous International Playboys"/"Ouija Board, Ouija Board"/"Hairdresser On Fire".

Yes! I'm listening to that CD this week at work, and I love that three song sequence. That was why I thought of the question. I guess you win!

-Vaux

I would have to say that my current favourite bearing in mind I could come up with many would have to be from Vauxhall and I:

The More You Ignore Me...
Why Don't You Find Out...
I Am Hated For Loving

(I know I am bending the rules but if it were Smiths I would say Hand In Glove, What Difference Does It Make, I Don't Owe You Anything)

Must be a Chicago thang. I've had YATQ in my car this week too. I LOVE Come Back To Camden -I think it's underrated/underappreciated. And well, my alter ego on the boards is thewomanofhisdreams (I'm coming along, Morrissey--get ready!) Funny that we picked the same 3. Girls, we're gonna get along just fine :D

Those 3 are great but I'm giving the edge to Vauxhall & I.
One of my desert island 5 CD's. Any 3 in a row are awesome, my faves:

Now My Heart Is Full/Spring-Heeled Jim/Billy Budd

The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get/Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself/I Am Hated for Loving

I so want to go with something from Vauxhall & I. Now My Heart Is Full is the definitive Morrissey album intro. It just seems to embody everything I love about him and his music. I may rate Now My Heart Is Full, The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get, and Speedway as the best three Moz tunes on any given day, but there is always a song surrounding one of those three that kills the best Back-to-Back-to-Back vote. Not that they aren't good, it's just a hard vote...

-Vaux

Yes! I'm listening to that CD this week at work, and I love that three song sequence. That was why I thought of the question. I guess you win!

-Vaux

Hooray! :D

Great minds think alike, so they say. :)

"Ouija Board, Ouija Board" and "Hairdresser On Fire" are two of my favorite songs--not just from Morrissey, but favorite songs, period. They're both great to sing along to!

Okay, here is your deserted island consecutive song question:

On what album and what three consecutive songs are the best in your opinion? We'll toss out the best of, greatest hits, and CD singles but keep in Bona Drag and World of Morrissey. No Smiths, just Morrissey. What three song sequence do you like the best?

I have to go with YATQ: America Is Not The World, Irish Blood, English Heart, and I Have Forgiven Jesus.

-Vaux

Is "America Is Not The World" killing it for people? I've always felt like I've been one of the few to really like it. If we scoot it up a notch, how about:

Irish Blood, English Heart, I Have Forgiven Jesus, and Come Back to Camden.

That is a murder's row of killer songs...:eek:

-Vaux

You're The One For Me, Fatty
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday

or

I'm Not Sorry
The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?

You're The One For Me, Fatty
QUOTE]

:eek:

a few others

Alsation cousin/Late night, Maudlin Street/ Break up the family

We hate it when our Friends become succesfull/ National Front Disco/ We'll let you know

gang/crashing bores/camden

mute witness/ our frank/ end of the family line

interesting drug/ piccadilly palare/ such a little thing

Now My Heart Is Full
Spring-Heeled Jim
Billy Budd

From Vauxhall
This was harder than I thought!

i think from vauxhall- hold on to your friends, the more you ignore me,the closer i get ..., why don't you find out for your self, i am hated for loving. best.

2nd viva- break up the family, ordinary boys, i don't mind if you forget me.

Hmm, Hold On To Your Friends - The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get - Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself or The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get- Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself - I Am Hated For Loving have to be up there as well, on reflection.

I love 'Fatty', my new flat overlooks Battersea Power Station and I always think of the video when I look out of the window :D

Back
Top Bottom