Aylesbury - Aylesbury Waterside Theatre (July 23, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Our Frank / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Without Music The World Dies / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden

Last edited:
To the couple that were absolutely hammered. Male in a flowery shirt. Female looked like Velma from Scooby Doo gone wrong. You were dancing like you'd popped 3 Es each.

I hope you are proud that you barged the mum and very young daughter out of the way. They'd found a nice little spot far stage left. Your ridiculous dancing, OTT sweaty/sweary screaming and general dodginess was clearly scaring the young girl. They had to move to get away from you and lose their sweet spot to you clowns. In the end I had to try and form a human barrier so you didn't elbow the poor little lass. Shame on you!
Omg from your description I swear that’s a couple I got stuck near before at a Mozza gig and those two were a nightmare. Drunk or high, totally ruined it for everyone around them

To the couple that were absolutely hammered. Male in a flowery shirt. Female looked like Velma from Scooby Doo gone wrong. You were dancing like you'd popped 3 Es each.

I hope you are proud that you barged the mum and very young daughter out of the way. They'd found a nice little spot far stage left. Your ridiculous dancing, OTT sweaty/sweary screaming and general dodginess was clearly scaring the young girl. They had to move to get away from you and lose their sweet spot to you clowns. In the end I had to try and form a human barrier so you didn't elbow the poor little lass. Shame on you!
Agreed, they did the same to me and my daughter but at the front where we’d queued to get and been stood happily - he threw his beer on us and she was awful, shame on them. On the plus side the kindness of the people around us was great and Morrissey amazing as usual .

I

Im amazed you like The Smiths . Good for you honey. I had you down as a pub rockabilly type and I read somewhere you were a Gene fan , so I took your comments with a pinch of salt but if you like Smiths that’s brilliant

I was too young to see Smiths . My dad saw them loads
I’m gutted
The Smiths were the best band ever live, i was lucky enough to see them 6 times, in 84, 85 and 86.
By 1986 the were so good live, in my opinion they literally pissed over everyone else,
And then they were gone...

Basically Morrissey concert criticism is like that old joke form Annie Hall where two old Jewish women are complaining about a restaurant they're in.

Woman 1: "The food here is awful."
Woman 2: "I know, and such small portions."
Yup. There's no getting away from it, he is cutting it down slightly from last year, however, I had the most memorable night of my life last Wednesday, so it doesn't mean all that much. It's more important to me that he looks reasonably happy, is animated and chatty, and he was all those things and more.

Yup. There's no getting away from it, he is cutting it down slightly from last year, however, I had the most memorable night of my life last Wednesday, so it doesn't mean all that much. It's more important to me that he looks reasonably happy, is animated and chatty, and he was all those things and more.
That's awesome! I love hearing people's feedback and how good a time they had. It really adds to the vibe when watching these youtube clips of current tours. I highly doubt he'll be down my way again so this is what I cling to :)

That's awesome! I love hearing people's feedback and how good a time they had. It really adds to the vibe when watching these youtube clips of current tours. I highly doubt he'll be down my way again so this is what I cling to :)
Ahh, that makes me really sad. I hope he comes your way soon. Just being in his presence is amazing. Everyone who wants to should have that experience at least a few times per year.

I don't usually sound off and tell everyone after I've been as I cannot stand people who brag about stuff, but I cannot shut up about it to those around me, lol. Not so much bragging but just being completely in awe. He might have broke my brain slightly. 😆

The Smiths were the best band ever live, i was lucky enough to see them 6 times, in 84, 85 and 86.
By 1986 the were so good live, in my opinion they literally pissed over everyone else,
And then they were gone...

I saw them twice, it was actually 3 times but in Preston the gig was cancelled when some arse threw a coin at Morrissey. Did you thing they were better once Gannon joined, personally i did as he really beefed up the sound.

Our Frank

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Our Frank / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Without Music The World Dies / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden

Attachments

• IMG-20230723-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20230723-WA0009.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 0
I saw them twice, it was actually 3 times but in Preston the gig was cancelled when some arse threw a coin at Morrissey. Did you thing they were better once Gannon joined, personally i did as he really beefed up the sound.
Yeah definately Surface, the 84, 85 gigs were great but by 86 and with Craig joining they sounded properly, as you said, beefed up. Johnny was free to play around a bit more and Craig, although there were problems personally, is a really great guitar player and backed up Johnny perfectly, Craig definately wasn't a show off. And 'Rank' would never have sounded so great had they been a 4 piece.
The excitement felt for those 86 shows ill never forget

Does anyone know who the Pter Robinson is who Morrissey mentioned about halfway through the set? 'A local man, who is not very well....' he said.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom