"Autobiography" by Morrissey - reviews and media - part 6

Link posted by @SabotageTimes / Twitter:

Morrissey's Autobiography Sees Us Paying For His Therapy by Tom Hocknell - Sabotage Times
Sexuality, Manchester, Marr and the press are all covered in Morrissey's much anticipated autobiography, but somehow we end up feeling further from the man than ever.

Link from Dickie:

Morrissey: Autobiography review by Dickie Felton - Getintothis, Liverpool Echo
Morrissey's autobiography stirred a few hornet's nests and proved that bigmouth could indeed strike again, Getintothis' Dickie Felton reviews a tome from the heart and close to his own.

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Autobiography" by Morrissey - reviews and media - part 6

Sorry to say it BB but you just come across as someone with issues and everyone ignoring them isn't going to help. Imagine what good you could do if you spent all the time that you do on here doing something positive instead? You're bright and could do a lot of good but nothing good will ever come of spending the amount of time you do on here musing over somebody you don't like.

Why does it matter if somebody likes Morrissey? Or even Britney Spears for that matter? They're just pop singers matey. There are things that matter in the World but what singers we like isn't up there is it? My advice, go and do something positive.

Don’t even try to put Britney Spears in the same category or level as Morrissey. Okay, “Matey”?

I'd love to know what your problem is?

What's the point in being angry if the person you're angry with has no idea why?

I am not angry. I am annoyed by the tone of your posts... the ones in the alpha male and distorted world view threads.

BrummieBoy, you're clearly an unhappy person.

You are very annoying. Maybe I will put you on ignore.

I find you annoying. On the other hand I like you. You're obviously intelligent etc. But every f***ing time someone trolls obsessively on MorrisseySolo, you appear and do your best to befriend them. It's disturbing. As if you had no opinions yourself. As if you needed the dominant bully type to tell you what to think. You don't. (Not saying that this is necessarily one of those situations.)

I find you annoying. On the other hand I like you. You're obviously intelligent etc. But every f***ing time someone trolls obsessively on MorrisseySolo, you appear and do your best to befriend them. It's disturbing. As if you had no opinions yourself. As if you needed the dominant bully type to tell you what to think. You don't. (Not saying that this is necessarily one of those situations.)

FACT! She used to say she was Clarice and Belligerent Ghoul was supposed to be Hannibal Lector.

I guess I'll just try to explain things from my perspective. I do not try to befriend trolls. I am friendly with almost everyone on the forum, with a few notable exceptions. Some of my favorite posters are very affable--not troll like at all.

Why does it seem that I am friendly with posters who you consider to be trolls?

There are three users I think you have in mind. And all three are intelligent, witty, assertive males. Four traits I like. Plus, I like free thinkers and great polemical voices. I am drawn to them because like attracts like.

Do I have my own opinions or tow the troll line? You can't be serious, can you? There are so many things which differentiate me from them:

I am a very opinionated atheist--an anti-theist.
I talk about books.
I post in the Off-topic forum about silly things like my cat.
I have a blog.
I start and participate in human interest threads.

None of them would say that I think like them and share the majority of the same opinions. We don't. I am one of the most opinionated, free thinking people you will ever come across. This is a fact. I have always been this way. I am not a follower. Never have been. I am a loner who is capable of also being a leader.

As Geezer says, I like to be in control. People like that don't follow the herd. They carve their own trails.

Last edited:

FACT! She used to say she was Clarice and Belligerent Ghoul was supposed to be Hannibal Lector.

I think you have a case of selective memory.

The Silence of the Lambs is my fave film. Clarice Starling is my fave film heroine. I would love to be a behavioral scientist working for the FBI catching serial killers and psychopaths. BG is a textbook psychopath. Hannibal Lecter is not. Most psychopaths do not murder or even commit crimes.

I never, ever said I was Agent Starling and BG was Dr. Lecter. What am I acting out some kind of sadomasochistic theater performance on the forum?

Whatever happened to BG? Last time I saw him post was in 2005--eight years ago. Guess how many psychopathic trolls I have befriended in those last eight years? Zero.

Last edited:

Sorry to say it BB but you just come across as someone with issues and everyone ignoring them isn't going to help. Imagine what good you could do if you spent all the time that you do on here doing something positive instead? You're bright and could do a lot of good but nothing good will ever come of spending the amount of time you do on here musing over somebody you don't like.

Why does it matter if somebody likes Morrissey? Or even Britney Spears for that matter? They're just pop singers matey. There are things that matter in the World but what singers we like isn't up there is it? My advice, go and do something positive.

My advice to you is to put me on Ignore, your comment made me snore.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh brummieboy , I used to find your posts amusing at times( in a sarcastic tongue in cheek way) but now you are just so tiresome, please please please GO AWAY

If you put me on Ignore, hey presto! I've 'gone away'. If you choose to remain fixated on me like the rest, that's surely your problem, not mine. Have you read the book? Thought not.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t even try to put Britney Spears in the same category or level as Morrissey. Okay, “Matey”?

I agree, as it's an egregious insult to Britney.

Oh, no! another important 'anonymous' entity is psychoanalysing me on teh interwebz! This is something I must really give a lot of thought to...*thinking* LOL!

I think you have a case of selective memory.

The Silence of the Lambs is my fave film. Clarice Starling is my fave film heroine. I would love to be a behavioral scientist working for the FBI catching serial killers and psychopaths. BG is a textbook psychopath. Hannibal Lector is not. Most psychopaths do not murder or even commit crimes.

I never, ever said I was Agent Starling and BG was Dr. Lector. What am I acting out some kind of sadomasochistic theater performance on the forum?

Whatever happened to BG? Last time I saw him post was in 2005--eight years ago. Guess how many psychopathic trolls I have befriended in those last eight years? Zero.

Selective memory is when what you say is true but not the whole story, so I guess you are right. And you didn't say Agent Starling, true, you said "Clarice." Anyway, see ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Selective memory is when what you say is true but not the whole story, so I guess you are right. And you didn't say Agent Starling, true, you said "Clarice." Anyway, see ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

wgoz9u.jpg.gif

My advice to you is to put me on Ignore, your comment made me snore.

- - - Updated - - -

If you put me on Ignore, hey presto! I've 'gone away'. If you choose to remain fixated on me like the rest, that's surely your problem, not mine. Have you read the book? Thought not.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, as it's an egregious insult to Britney.

You can stop trying to prove what an idiot you are, we get it already.

Brummieboy why do you ask a question and then answer it yourself ? I am actually reading the book at the moment and contrary to general opinion I found the first 100 pages or so a bit of a drag but from then on it I really started enjoying it, now 200 pages in I think it's a very interesting and funny book

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom