"Autobiography" by Morrissey - Oct 17, 2013; press release

• Thread starter Justin Playfair
  • Start date
Re: Autobiography by Morrissey - Oct 17th

Awesome! The title "Morrissey, Autobiography" is pretty unimaginative though. Wish it had a better title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Autobiography" by Morrissey - Oct 17, 2013; press release

Funnily enough, I always took that picture to be some sort of homage to Warhol's "Blow Job" movie... but maybe that's just me.

Is it really so strange? Really? Really?

P.S. If you can at all avoid it, try not to watch 'My Hustler'. Trust me on this one, I'm a renowned pervert.

Funnily enough, I always took that picture to be some sort of homage to Warhol's "Blow Job" movie... but maybe that's just me.

Eww. And there I was, thinking he was enjoying a particularly nice cup of tea...Probably particularly well-poured by his butler...Won't be able to look straight at a tea-bag again, damn you, Orson!

Couldn't it be just a wink at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7otAJa3jui8

Please...if you don't mind? ;)

Is it really so strange? Really? Really?

No. Not at all.

Eww. And there I was, thinking he was enjoying a particularly nice cup of tea...Probably particularly well-poured by his butler...Won't be able to look straight at a tea-bag again, damn you, Orson!

Ha! Well, accept my apologies, but from Reel Around The Fountain through to Something Is Squeezing My Skull, it has remained something of a favourite lyrical motif of his...

No, that's actually quite dumb. Moz didn't break up the Smiths, so why would he want to reform it? He's not friends with any of the former Smiths musicians, so why would he want to work with them? He makes great music with other musicians, so what would he need the Smiths for anyway? Money? Sure, Moz loves money, but he has standards. As I'm sure you've noticed he doesn't whore himself the way other celebrities do trying to cash in at every angle. He loves music, so yes, that's the one area where he doesn't mind cashing in, but he certainly doesn't need the Smiths to make money doing what he loves.

What if its one page that simply states "The Smiths are reforming" and the rest of the pages are the venues/dates around the world that they will play? One can dream no? :guitar:

Honey, that's sweet. Although that's more like what a very persistent tax inspector might say to Morrissey...
(It might still sound quite romantic...You never know...With the right haircut...)

Very clever....

He's gay or bi with extreme gay leanings. There's not really any mystique anymore. Maybe in the Smiths days, certainly not now.

If he does want to be with a man, who cares? Never understood why he would keep that hidden, hope he reveals it in his book, the whole world knows, he moves on with his life. Most woman are a train wreck anyway.

Two or so years ago I suggested Davidt two polls:
1) Isn't it time for Morrissey to publish his autobiography?
2) Should Morrissey be granted with a British title, like Sir?

Bizarrely , I just remembered who Morrrissey's prose reminds me of .... Thomas Mann

Hey , I did say bizarrely ...

And , no , not the gay thing ...

Last edited:
I just ordered my copy, which should be waiting for me when I return from a long business trip. I'm all aflutter. I'm expecting plenty of laughs, some jaw-dropping, eyebrow raising surprises, a few breathtaking insights and many pages of word salad and self-indulgent wallowing.

Morrissey has lived a life beyond the imaginations of most people (including his peers). His experience has been circumscribed by fame, which means that his life has been simultaneously boring, isolated and unimaginably intense. How he has chosen to edit his story, what he has chosen to reveal and what will remain hidden will be as interesting as the prose itself.

Morrissey's extreme withdrawal from the media and the world has always struck me as a necessary function of his introversion, a desire to avoid the aggressive hostility of his detractors (in the press and beyond), and a way to preserve his "mystique." He's canny enough to know that the one unforgivable sin he can commit is to reveal himself as mundane.

We already have the best of him in the music - we shall see if there is anything else worth knowing.

Considering Morrissey clearly doesn't suffer fools gladly, he'd loathe most of these self-proclaimed die-hards. One of the mongs referred to this book as a tomb. He/she was trying to be utterly pretentious and use the word tome, I assume. Then you've got Claypit 2000 who says anyone who can't see that everything Morrissey does is influenced by Wilde, is blind and not a true fan. How wrong can someone be. Her inanity astounds me daily.

I will read the book over Christmas when I have time. I predict I will be groaning rather often (and not in the same way Crystal Geezer will be groaning). Good luck to anyone logging on here on Oct 17. It'll be awash with desperadoes all claiming to have finished it already and scrutinising every line. I have nothing against good, critical analysis. However, 99.9% of the posters here couldn't critically analyse their own thumb.

Whilst a lot of people come to complain about the negativity here, I think the most depressing thing about this site is realising how stupid and thick and embarrassing most Morrissey fans are...

Go tongue a light socket, Asian c***!

I hope they announce a US deal so I don't have to ship it from the UK

Mh. yeah. f*** them all if anyone thinks I can/will spend the money on an imported book. I'm not made of money. Nor am I gonna read this many pages of a thread to find out about whether or not there's been something worked out. I'm lazy.

Someone just tell me, thanks.

We already have the best of him in the music - we shall see if there is anything else worth knowing.

There probably isn't. :I

...But just for your sake, Anaesthesine, I hope he doesn't disappoint, and that there isn't too much "salad". (Which translates as "lies" in some obscure languages, interestingly enough...)
I hope this book pleases dreamy intelligent monkeys like you, because you wholly deserve it, and I really do like thee. (please note I'm fond of monkeys with a low IQ too, before the rest of you get upset... ) :)

Very clever....

Why, thank you kindly, Anon.
You might be all the more disappointed then when you read the footnote in his autobiography stating that "Anonymous is as dull as dishwater!" (chapter 56, "Why Morrissey-solo sucks.") :)

By the way, I really hope that by now our DavidT has contacted Erin Brockovich... Sigh.

I hope all profits from this autobiography and Live DVD will go towards an independently made album. What's he got to lose now? He will be able to fund an album no problem.

Back on the autobiography topic. It's going for 5.99 folks and I don't think it's gonna get any cheaper than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom