Atlantic City postponed to June 22

THE SMITES know this is disappointing news w/MOZZER cancelling for the umpteenth time. While we do not want to blemish the legacy of The Smiths and his contributions to it, we want everyone in Philadelphia/Delaware/NJ to know that we are still coming in from Austin to play THE SOCIAL @ Revel tomorrow night. We PROMISE to deliver a blistering, rowdy and well-executed set. 2hours + of your favorite upbeat Smiths tunes. Come on down and let's turn frowns inside out! No cover is always a bonus too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQZJxxWvxNI

from a good source
the band refused to wear the t-shirt he gave them, with man love printed on the front and man meat is tasty on the reverse.
He's not spoken to any of them since and theres terrible atmosphere in the camp.
More to follow as and when

lmao!

Any idea if they are doing ticket refunds?

- - - Updated - - -

I live about 40 minutes outside of Boston and I'm not bothering. It's a shitty seated venue. I took a chance on AC because I got pit tickets.

I have to work on the 22nd so I'm pretty much not going to see him on this tour.

How did you get pit tickets in AC? This is listed as a GA show.

It was at the Borgata and it was an ugly little room, but a venue where other bands have played (I think Joann Jett played there not long after). The whole show had a vaguely unpleasant vibe from the very start, and Morrissey had to advise the audience to step back and calm down.

Nonetheless, he took the stage with a definite sneer. I found it rather humorous myself.

He was definitely in a mood that night; didn't he say "Atlantic City... I can't believe I"ve ended up here", or something along those lines? I thought the show was fine, but the security searched my purse for so long that we couldn't get a good spot, even though we lined up early. I have to agree that it was a strange layout; the pit area was fairly large, but the seats were set back in another zip code. It was not one of my favorite venues, and some hippie couple straight out of 1968 who knew none of the songs kept trying to dance with me like a bad Saturday Night Live skit; strange! I live 30 miles south of AC, so I always buy tickets when he plays there (or cancels there), regardless of the venue. I would go insane knowing he was so close and I was missing it.

lynnda

I wonder if the show at the Barclays Center will really happen, since its nowhere near sold-out... Just canceled my AC hotel.

You guys are morons. The virus is fake. Kristeen Young screwed up again and pissed Moz off AGAIN so he kicked her off the tour and needed a few days to make it official so he cancelled ATL and postponed AC to have time to figure everything out and to find a new opening act. Fresh start in Boston. See you there.

Is it normal for him to have not given any interviews on a tour? No TV appearances? Something is wrong.

Nothing about this new album's promotion and release is 'normal' and whatever they're doing or more importantly not doing isn't working.

The songs themselves are great though!

You guys are morons. The virus is fake. Kristeen Young screwed up again and pissed Moz off AGAIN so he kicked her off the tour and needed a few days to make it official so he cancelled ATL and postponed AC to have time to figure everything out and to find a new opening act. Fresh start in Boston. See you there.

Oh, really? What are the details of her screw-up?

How could would it have been to give her the boot and just go out there and play for 2.5 hours with no opener and power threw 2 shows and show he is still on top of it

Such bullshit. So she screwed up because he decided to cancel and postpone shows for the umpteenth time? Or was it because she said she had an allergy attack? Total bullshit and it was not a case of "Kristeen Young screwed up again".

Nothing about this new album's promotion and release is 'normal' and whatever they're doing or more importantly not doing isn't working.

The songs themselves are great though!
I am just curious as to why people keep saying it is not normal. there was that attempt on Twitter. There has been mention elsewhere and people who were on a previous mailing list from ages ago were sent email notices.Gets kind of sick of people making these remarks about him not being promoted properly there are even sponsored ads on Facebook for the new album.I guess I am not settling for the woe is Morrissey I am not promoted properly nonsense when if the opportunity arises for him to promote things he would turn right around and say he does not want it that way or appreciates not being a certain way yet selectively chooses to sometimes anyhow .Morrissey has way more means to channel himself via avenues the average person does not so this have pity for me I am a rich person game does not fly with me anymore.Not even with fans who think it is their duty to do the work for him. He knows damn well. If he doesn't I would gladly give him my phone number and say a few things to him.If you don't know what goes on with him then why as a fan who he keeps a wall from should you care? There are many more reasons to feel sorry for someone and does this guy feel sorry for any of us? You could have enough things to say to him to give him enough fire. This superficial twattery is useless.This guy knows the business more than any onlooker who is not in it . HE KNOWS.He has led people on with his nonsense for a long time .Seizing their empathy.Fueling their desires. He has way more privilege than some are accustomed to.I also do not understand why he sat there whining about a label etc etc when who knows what the hell was actually going on? Then some dumb fans like thugs go and approach the label accusing them of not promoting him? EXCUSE ME were you there? I am guessing that fine print and business workings are something he has a little more insight to as he was the one who agreed to them so stop trying to assign yourself a job of trying to figure this out .Does true talent warrant you need to fly to France to record an album? I'm sorry but that talent should be with you no matter where the hell you are if this was true. I am not intentionally dissing this man.Just saying I am not falling for his woe is me shit when I have more things that would cause him woe in my everyday existence. He can get on it .This isn't anyone else's job to bully or discern. I am really not believing that a grown man this age would ever be that naive to his business dealings. If so he needs to stop being a lazy ass and reconnect with life.

Morrissey Postponed Show Due To Virus

From the Morrissey: Official Facebook page:

" As Morrissey and the touring party recover from a virus, the engagement in Atlantic City at the Revel Ovation Hall has been postponed to Sunday, June 22. All previously purchased tickets will be honored on the new date. The tour will resume as originally scheduled, without question, at the Boston Opera House on Saturday, June 7 "

The poor guy just has the worst luck with his health. That is the biggest reason why I stopped travelling to see him. Just too many cancelled shows and too much wasted $. Get well soon, Moz!!

From a good source
The band refused to wear the t-shirt he gave them, with MAN LOVE printed on the front and MAN MEAT IS TASTY on the reverse.
He's not spoken to any of them since and theres terrible atmosphere in the camp.
More to follow as and when

Psst ! It's me again, keep your voices down !

He's still locked in his room refusing to come out.
Boz is getting pissed because everyone is looking to him to go and try and patch it all up but he was heard on the phone mumbling something about, why is it always me ? I'm getting to old for all this shit now I could be back at home flogging vinyl and wine I don't need this, it happens every bloody time we go on the road it's pathetic and all because we refused to wear a shitty t-shirt.

Will keep you posted when hear some more ( wink wink )

Psst ! It's me again, keep your voices down !

He's still locked in his room refusing to come out.
Boz is getting pissed because everyone is looking to him to go and try and patch it all up but he was heard on the phone mumbling something about, why is it always me ? I'm getting to old for all this shit now I could be back at home flogging vinyl and wine I don't need this, it happens every bloody time we go on the road it's pathetic and all because we refused to wear a shitty t-shirt.

Will keep you posted when hear some more ( wink wink )

So he's still in Miami? Unless they fly to Boston they aren't playing tomorrow

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom