Anyone else want to hear Southpaw Grammar songs live again?

I said in the "Songs that WON'T be played" thread that "The Operation" (minus the ridiculous intro) would be a good fit for his current band.

--jeniphir

unless the drum intro was the intro to the concert..but that's been done already on the 97 tour i believe.

what wrong with the intro?

i wanna hear black eyed susan. is that from southpaw times. i dont really remember. i want those boys to break that shit down... its really such a progressive song. so arty so many years later.

i wanna hear songs from malajusted , thats my favourite album i dont care what anyone says

I second that emotion. "Wide To Receive" was especially beautiful in '97 and "Maladjusted" would make a great opener.

Songs from Maladjusted and it's B-sides I'd love him to put in his current set are:

The Teachers.......
The Operation (without the awful drum intro)
Do Your Best And Don't Worry
Southpaw
Nobody Loves Us
You Must Please Remember

I'd like to hear Reader Meet Author....Dagenham Dave would be a good'un too, methinks

I'd like to hear Do Your Best and Don't Worry.
But there are other songs I'd pick over anything on Southpaw. Yeah, Kill Uncle even *prepares for berating*

I think the songs on Kill Uncle were MADE to be played live. On the LP they are all way too tame, but to see footage of Alain during Mute Witness...I see that I missed out!

Nobody Loves Us would be a kick-ass encore!

I would also really like to see The Operation and You Must Please Remember (both terribly underestimated songs).

I agree with you that You Must Please Remember was horribly underrated. I think it was kind of overshadowed by Nobody Loves Us on the b-side. It really is a good song and I'd love to see it performed live.

Back
Top Bottom