A a couple of old Moz-alikes

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
From years ago, I remember thinking that there were a couple of songs that, when I heard them, instantly brought to mind The Smiths or Morrissey. One was Rachel Put Your Arms About Me by The Ogdens, which, amazingly, is up on Youtube now...

The other, which I went in search of (split infinitive, I know), was Something Tells Me by The Prudes. I remember this being painfully Moz-like, and having heard it again, I think it couldn't be more Disappointed/How Soon Is Now if it tried.

The Prudes - Something Tells Me Nothings Going To Happen Tonight (Download)

Anyway, just wondering if there were any other bands around at the time who intentionally or unintentionally, sounded like Moz or The Smiths?

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
From years ago, I remember thinking that there were a couple of songs that, when I heard them, instantly brought to mind The Smiths or Morrissey. One was Rachel Put Your Arms About Me by The Ogdens, which, amazingly, is up on Youtube now...

The other, which I went in search of (split infinitive, I know), was Something Tells Me by The Prudes. I remember this being painfully Moz-like, and having heard it again, I think it couldn't be more Disappointed/How Soon Is Now if it tried.

The Prudes - Something Tells Me Nothings Going To Happen Tonight (Download)

Anyway, just wondering if there were any other bands around at the time who intentionally or unintentionally, sounded like Moz or The Smiths?

Peter

I really liked the Prudes song Peter, thank you for uploading it.
Is the rest of the album similar to this track and if so, do you know where I can get it?

Cheers,

I.R.

This is really nice, thanks :thumb:

One was Rachel Put Your Arms About Me by The Ogdens, which, amazingly, is up on Youtube now...

is this a parody? they can't possibly be serious...it's like a sketch from a public access show, circa 1989. this makes the Bill Nye Morrissey bit look like...well, it still looks like shit, but it's miles better than this!

Back
Top Bottom