90's nostalgia?

Is anyone else getting nostalgic about the 90's? When I've asked this question on other message boards, most people says the 90's sucked, sometimes because Clinton was president. But I've been told that people in the 80's thought the 70's sucked, and people in the 60's thought the 50's sucked, etc. I guess the decade before always seems boring.

The first things I think of when I think of the 90's is Scream (the movie), TLC and Alanis Morrissette. I wasn't born 'till '89, so I remember things from the mid to late 90s the best. I also remember everyone wearing alot of flannel even in the later 90's, and khakis, and older people wearing overalls. And I remember everyone being very nostalgic about the 70's, and lava lamps becoming popular again, and tye dye, and smiley face and peace sign and ying yang stickers and necklaces. The only thing I really don't like about the 90's was music around 98-99. Most music from that time sounds really badly dated to me. I also hate alot of fashion trends from the late, late 90's, like guys bleaching thier hair, and wearing it in spikes.

And I remember thinking the girls in Clueless were the coolest people ever.

Is anyone else getting nostalgic about the 90's? When I've asked this question on other message boards, most people says the 90's sucked, sometimes because Clinton was president. But I've been told that people in the 80's thought the 70's sucked, and people in the 60's thought the 50's sucked, etc. I guess the decade before always seems boring.

The first things I think of when I think of the 90's is Scream (the movie), TLC and Alanis Morrissette. I wasn't born 'till '89, so I remember things from the mid to late 90s the best. I also remember everyone wearing alot of flannel even in the later 90's, and khakis, and older people wearing overalls. And I remember everyone being very nostalgic about the 70's, and lava lamps becoming popular again, and tye dye, and smiley face and peace sign and ying yang stickers and necklaces. The only thing I really don't like about the 90's was music around 98-99. Most music from that time sounds really badly dated to me. I also hate alot of fashion trends from the late, late 90's, like guys bleaching thier hair, and wearing it in spikes.

And I remember thinking the girls in Clueless were the coolest people ever.

1989???? I had just come home from England then. And I was 26. I have some good and bad memories of the 90's. I really liked the stuff Moz was putting out in the early 90's, contrary to those who hated that time period. You remember grunge....unfortunate. I do like some of Nirvana's stuff though. You're right. For me the 70's sucked ass and the 80's were an epiphany. The bad thing that happened was that my best friend died of colon, pancreatic, and liver cancer in 1994 at the age of 31. It was very quick. I never got to say goodbye to her because we were spatting about something.

In the past few months there were a few 90's parties here in my city, so I guess you're not the only one. I went once and I discovered that 15 years later, annoying songs are still annoying. Of course, 2 glasses of wine later it didn't matter anymore. And KLF rock!!!

Personally I don't miss the 90's at all, life is much better now.

I'm nostalgic about the 80s, music was awesome, clothes and hairdos hideous though, i really don't miss them. :)

Nooo!?
I can't believe it. We have 90's nostalgia. God how time flies...

I know. *sigh* I'm old.

I'm nostalgic about the 80s, music was awesome

80s.jpg

In the past few months there were a few 90's parties here in my city, so I guess you're not the only one.

Oh, we also had some 90's parties lately, how could I forget?
I'm very nostalgic. Even one or two years. Dunno. I should enjoy the present cos I'm gonna miss it in a couple of years :rolleyes:

I was born in 87. I remember liking Michael Jackson's Blood On The Dancefloor, Daft Punk's Around The World and some dance music. Then Backstret Boys, Spice Girls, 5ive.

98-99?
I don't think they sucked. I loved Natalie Imbruglia, and early Britney ;)

I loved britpop.Suede and Pulp could do no wrong in the 90's,I remember going to my local record shop on a very regular basis and buying the newest suede or Pulp import.

Sadly the last time Suede played in america,I think,was their fateful boston show where all their equipment was stolen,and thus they never came back,I dont even think Brett Anderson in his solo career has even considered coming to the states.
I got to see Jarvis last year in nyc.that was a blast.

I like the 90s'.

musically and personally.

this decade we live in now can go to hell for all I care

haha

I loved britpop.Suede and Pulp could do no wrong in the 90's,I remember going to my local record shop on a very regular basis and buying the newest suede or Pulp import.

Sadly the last time Suede played in america,I think,was their fateful boston show where all their equipment was stolen,and thus they never came back,I dont even think Brett Anderson in his solo career has even considered coming to the states.
I got to see Jarvis last year in nyc.that was a blast.

I like the 90s'.

musically and personally.

this decade we live in now can go to hell for all I care

haha

For what it's worth I love Suede and I like Pulp (haven't listened to them properly). Some great music in the past decade.

:( I miss watching old skool nickelodeon. :( :(

umm, I was still young during the 90's but I do miss it. :( Obviously musically, I was into *Nsync, and Backstreet Boys, and *gag* Britney Spears. D:
I liked *Nysnc more then the other two though, even though I loved Lance the most and well, he's gay now. D:

Skip-its! Those were fun, if a bitch.

oh and slap bracelets. :p

Nooo!?
I can't believe it. We have 90's nostalgia. God how time flies...

People were apparently already nostalgic about the 80s as early as 1997, when The Wedding Singer was filmed.

I liked Britney Spears, and was a huge fan of the Spice Girls, who I still liked even after thier popularity faded around 1999. I liked Sporty Spice the best for some reason. I liked a lot Brandy, too. Thankfully, I never liked any of the boy bands. I think the first "good" band I got into was Portishead. I got Dummy when I was in 4rth grade.

I also had a purple skip-it, and a cheetah-print slap bracelet. I was into all the things girls were only supposed to like.

People were apparently already nostalgic about the 80s as early as 1997, when The Wedding Singer was filmed.

I liked Britney Spears, and was a huge fan of the Spice Girls, who I still liked even after thier popularity faded around 1999. I liked Sporty Spice the best for some reason. I liked a lot Brandy, too. Thankfully, I never liked any of the boy bands. I think the first "good" band I got into was Portishead. I got Dummy when I was in 4rth grade.

I also had a purple skip-it, and a cheetah-print slap bracelet. I was into all the things girls were only supposed to like.
Ooohh, I liked the Spice Girls too!

Cept I liked Baby the best, prolly cause I had blonde hair too. D:

oh also.
I loved Pokemon.
lots.

I was obsessed with Pokemon. I didn't get into them until a year after everybody else did, and then I was into them still a couple years after no one cared about them anymore. I sucked at the card game. I loved the Game Boy games though. I remember everyone hated Jinx:
jynx.jpg
. I liked all the psychic Pokemon the best.

Haha, I never really played the games a whole. I just liked collecting all the toys and cards and stuff. Oh, and of course, watching the show. :D I LOVED Ash. (and pikachu.)
I had my own pokedex, TONS of cards, a book on all the pokemon, I had a bunch of pokemon figures and pokeballs, countless tapes of the show, I had gold pokemon cards from Burger King, and then my mom took me to a live show of pokemon, and I got a lightup pokemon wand thingy, and then at the end, a robotic mew two blew up and and spewed out a bunch of confetti, so I had that too.

:o I was a bit obbessed.

TGIF_logo.jpg

Urkel.jpg

I still have nightmares....

:tears:

TGIF was the highlight of my week!!

i basically grew up in the 90s. from age 8 to 18. so yes, i remember them very well. as far as music i started out in the early 90s listening to Brian Adams and Boyz II Men, and I closed out the decade with Radiohead being my fav.

I know. *sigh* I'm old.

80s.jpg

The 80's were the best decade EVER! I was working in a library in 1981-2 and I was working in the audio visual department (haha) splicing film together, listening to 91X and suddenly this song comes on by Adam & The Ants- I was blown away. No more damned : Foreigner, Kiss, Blue Oyster Cult, Judas Priest, Jethro Tull (UGH) :eek: and Corrissey, you are NOT old! I bet I'm older than you (or anyone else here) :eek:

Last edited:
The 80's were the best decade EVER! I was working in a library in 1981-2 and I was working in the audio visual department (haha) splicing film together, listening to 91X and suddenly this song comes on by Adam & The Ants- I was blown away. No more damned : Foreigner, Kiss, Blue Oyster Cult, Judas Priest, Jethro Tull (UGH) :eek: and Corrissey, you are NOT old! I bet I'm older than you (or anyone else here) :eek:

are you 62?

hahahaha

nooooo

:D

Back
Top Bottom