track listing years of refusal

I was actually crying at Camden at the realisation of the futility of life and happiness, in so much that the gifts one may have never last forever, and that those around me at that moment in time wouldn't be around me for much longer.

That and because Deano had f***ed off early.

Unpleasant photograph??? Some of us rather enjoy that pic!:D

ha! Yes, I don't doubt it. I just find his decisions becoming more and more suspect.
I suppose it would be funnier if he hadn't written such wonderful songs in the past. I suppose he's gone a bit Van Morrison. He's just becoming this very strange man.

That 'mindset' pisses you off, does it? We may be pessimistic but we are the beautiful ones. So boo hoo.

It's the same as people saying they want Morrisesy to do something 'different'. And then was he does something different like 'Sweetie Pie' or 'At Last I Am Born' they complain they don't want anything that different.

To be fair, 'At Last I Am Born' is dreadful.

And we've had many an argument about this, but I've come out on top everytime, so careful where you tread Spendlove.

Ok here goes. (Scarlet1987, look away dear.)

The thing that bothers me a bit is that I get the annoying feeling that this tracklist is not what was planned originally. I'd bet my paw-warmers and my Squeaky Leek that more new songs were meant to go in there.

I can think of a number of reasons why they've changed the tracklist and none of them to me is good enough. Can't be sure of anything, but I think petty music-industry calculations won over spontaneity and creativity.

So what was meant to also be something to remember someone by, has become something different. What was meant to become a tribute to somebody's work has also become something else.

That's not a very pleasant feeling.
And what for?
To make sure the singles are sold, because those songs will be on them. To make sure the fans become open their purses several times, to get the songs that were announced months ago.

So, with that in mind, how could an album like that be "powerful"? It has the mark of the Beast all over it already. And it's not a butterfly.

A bit of generosity wouldn't have hurt. Since most fans always buy anyway. But I can't see much generosity anywhere. I see things are done for all the wrong reasons. No love for the people who are gone, or for the audience.

For that reason alone, if I'm right, this album will sell much less than it should have. And it won't bring much luck either. (It's not a jinx, it's logic.)

(Only possibly optimistic point: THPGU might have been included as a form of apology to KY.
If it's that, well, THPGU...is still crap!:D )

There, I've said it all. I hope I'm wrong. But I know some people enough now to be extremely suspicious.

I will now leave you in company of people who can't stand criticism.

Have yerselves a merry little xmas, pets.

Last edited:
First I've heard of that. Who told you Jesse wouldn't have any tracks?

When the Warner C. site was first discovered, the list of all the non-published was extracted from the others. Yes, "Kit" was in there and "Fantastic Bird" but these were known earlier tracks. Consequently, the remaining 10-12 tracks were all Morrissey/Whyte songs. This was met with a great deal of rejoicing by most on the board. I simply questioned why everyone hadn't contributed, and the best of everyone's work used on the final album.

No sorry, I still don't understand.

Are you saying you found a list of song credits on a site totally unrelated to Morrissey's current label and from that you can deduce what the track listing was originally meant to be and that Morrissey has changed it?

YOR. Who wrote/contributed what?

Im sorry if this has been posted before. Yes, Ive DL'ed the new album (yes, I will be buying whatever "Limited-Edition-Super-Deluxe" combo Moz puts out.;)) However, Id like to know who wrote what on the Lp? And who were the players?
Anyone?

Re: Track list and co-writers

A friend of a friend (I know :rolleyes: ) was at a presentation of the new cd and apparently this is the tracklist:

1 Something Is Squeezing My Skull - Alain
2 Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed - Alain
3 Black Cloud(s) - Boz
4 I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris - Boz
5 All You Need Is Me - Jesse
6 When I Last Spoke To Carol - Alain
7 That's How People Grow Up- Boz
8 One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell - Boz
9 It's Not Your Birthday Anymore - Alain
10 You Were Good In Your Time - Alain
11 Sorry Doesn't Help - Jesse
12 I'm Ok By Myself - Jesse

Thanks again to Jose who posted it in December.

Incidentally Pairs B side tracks Because of My Poor Education and Shame is the Name are co-written by Alain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom