• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

How do you feel about the new songs?

• I loved them but now I hate them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1074

Please choose the option that applies most to your feelings of the new songs.

I actually think they're good for the stage of the game he's at now...not overly intellectual, just shooting from the hip, almost stream of consciousness. I think they're works in progress and should be seen as such. Initially yeah I was disgusted but they're really not too bad. They need some tightening up, including lyrically, but that's just my take. I've heard much much worse. If the next album is like these that could be a bit of a let down but as three songs knocked off in an hour during a live session, I think they're more than acceptable.

They were so disappointing at first, but with some faith on my part, and some more listens - I found my self singing Action and People Are The Same whilst half-drunk and walking back home tonight. Surely this makes them a success?

I liked them all.But I have to say Action Is My Middle Name is my favorite.

I liked 'Action is My Middle Name' and 'The Kid's A Looker' instantly, but I think it's going to take a while for 'People...' to grow on me. All three have potential and some great moments, but they need polish and adjustment musically, 'People' in particular- I do find it rather repetitive and heavy in places.

I think they are mediocre. They are fine as works in progress, but the fact that Morrissey is playing them live suggests to me that they are finished and heading straight for the album. I find this disconcerting. Morrissey is capable of so much more. All I see in these songs is potential.

Musically they sound really messy. I really haven't got a lot of time for Ringleader and these seem to be rough versions of the level of song on there, That's how people grow up, etc. There's potential in two of them although I think the kid's a looker is pretty awful. Maybe if Morrissey had musicians that could rise above dirge they might sound a whole lot better. So yeah, I'm going for mediocre. Mediocre is probaby the wrong word, mediocre for Morrissey.

I quite like Action and Kid's a looker. I think the latter could be a nice little pop number recorded right. However I hope neither end up being album tracks, even though I like them they're still well below par what I'd hope for on an album, that and I'd love a new album to come out where most of the material is a surprise rather than being debuted so far in advance.

haha I also find it funny how these threads pop up as the OFFICIAL threads, as if it has been looked over by a particular legal team and this is the actual Official new songs poll, any other thread claiming to be so is an impostor thread! I know it's just a turn of phrase, but I'm easily amused :p

I also find it funny how these threads pop up as the OFFICIAL threads, as if it has been looked over by a particular legal team and this is the actual Official new songs poll, any other thread claiming to be so is an impostor thread! I know it's just a turn of phrase, but I'm easily amused :p

There was a time on this site when most threads began with "The Official..." :p
Just trying to keep tradition alive.

Back
Top Bottom