Ride

ArnoldLayne

Anyone a fan?

Was hoping that with several bands reforming in the last year that they would refrorm (there was a horrible hoax at the tail end of last year). The band are all still mates, one thing that may hold it back is Bells schedule with Oasis and Loz drumming with The Jesus and Mary Chain.

Leave Them All Behind is one of my favorite ever tracks. What I wouldnt give to see them live. Was a tad young for them the first time around.

Ride is one of my favourite bands ever. In my opininon they could not do wrong up until Carnival, never bothered to listen Tarantula. My favourite records of them are the early EPs and Nowhere.

I love Ride. I went to see Oasis a few days ago and i met Andy Bell by chance in the afternoon in Bordeaux. he was very nice. I asked him questions only about Ride. I dont think Ride will reform but Andy answered me to a question i couldnt resist to ask "i can't say yes, i can't say no".

Ride were generally a bit pants but Vapour Trail is (undeniably) gorgeous, and one of the most fun things you can strum along to on the guitar (Bm, A, G, D).
The Divine Comedy did a pretty good version too with a really nice harmony on the 'la la la' part.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a bit pants"..personally I'd take Ride over any of the shoegazer bands of the late 80's/early 90's era including the highly overrated My Bloody Valentine.

Ride were generally a bit pants but Vapour Trail is (undeniably) gorgeous, and one of the most fun things you can strum along to on the guitar (Bm, A, G, D).
The Divine Comedy did a pretty good version too with a really nice harmony on the 'la la la' part.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a bit pants"..personally I'd take Ride over any of the shoegazer bands of the late 80's/early 90's era including the highly overrated My Bloody Valentine.

Gotta agree with that. Thats not to say I dont like MBV, they are ok - but I could never see the hype with them.

Slowdive are okay, never got The Telescopes either (although The Perfect Needle is a fantastic song)

vapour trail is my favorite song of all time,by any artist.

Terrance, great minds and all that.
Thankfully I saw them a few times in my formative years, they blew me away each time.
If you haven't heard 'Dreams burn down' live you haven't lived.:guitar:

you should all search for 'coming up for air.' reunion ep recorded in conjunction with a film on sonic youth's influence on guitar playing. all 4 members. instrumental jams, but the best we've got from them in the 21st cent.

I'm a major RIDE fan, I have most all their albums and E.P.s

You're right - Leave Them All Behind has a seriously heavy, powerful rhythm :thumb:

other fave songs from that album are Chromewaves, Time Machine, OX4, and Cool Your Boots - it really is a great album, I think it came out when I was 18 - it was my first exposure to RIDE and I wore the cassette out :D

By the way, I ran into a recent (november 08) interview with Steve Queralt, here's the link if you (or any reader) want(s) to have a look - it's pretty informative:

http://one-salient-oversight.blogspot.com/2008/11/steve-queralt-interview.html

Last edited:
I'm a major RIDE fan, I have most all their albums and E.P.s

You're right - Leave Them All Behind has a seriously heavy, powerful rhythm :thumb:

other fave songs from that album are Chromewaves, Time Machine, OX4, and Cool Your Boots - it really is a great album, I think it came out when I was 18 - it was my first exposure to RIDE and I wore the cassette out :D

By the way, I ran into a recent (november 08) interview with Steve Queralt, here's the link if you (or any reader) want(s) to have a look - it's pretty informative:

http://one-salient-oversight.blogspot.com/2008/11/steve-queralt-interview.html

Cheers for that, he always comes across as a lovely bloke.

I think its gonna happen.

:cool:

I absolutely love Nowhere, I like the other stuff, but not as much. Carnival of Light can get a bit tiresome.

Another gem of a band. I have everything and then some. I will upload a compilation shortly I made a few years back... looks a bit like this.

This is good too, which I have to admit I borrowed from a friend. Naughty naughty.

Back
Top Bottom