Perhaps controversial?

everydayslikesunday

Listening to The Queen is Dead album in my car, I can't help but think that it would have been a far better album (hard to believe I know) if they had finished on There is a Light..... and not Some Girls are bigger than others. Which in my humble opinion is a very average track that appears to have been tacked onto the end.

Views?

I think the album should have opened with "There is a Light" its by far the best track on the album, i agree with what you mean about some girls though.

I disagree with above two.
I admit first time listened the album, found Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others awkward, but cannot imagine without it at the end.

I think the album should have opened with "There is a Light" its by far the best track on the album, i agree with what you mean about some girls though.

WHAT? I mean WHAT??

It may well be the "best track" as voted by fans and the general public but you don't get a better opener than the title track. ever. in the history of popular music.

I agree with the view that "Some Girls . . " sounds a little awkward at the end there. I assume thats the way it was intended to sound.

i like "some girls..." where it is, "there is a light" is emotionally draining to listen to and "some girls" ends the album in a softer way so you aren't left feeling so empty imo

I think "Some Girls..." is one of Marr's best riffs ever. It is a nice calm way to end the album. "The Queen is Dead" could be my all-time favorite track to open an album. "Plainsong" from the Cure and "In the Flesh" by Pink Floyd are up there as well.

Listening to The Queen is Dead album in my car, I can't help but think that it would have been a far better album (hard to believe I know) if they had finished on There is a Light..... and not Some Girls are bigger than others. Which in my humble opinion is a very average track that appears to have been tacked onto the end.

Views?

The Dean Martin homage at the end of "Some Girls..." is priceless, it puts a smile on my face everytime. It's an amazing track. Maybe you are too young to get all the references, Morrissey's sence of humor is one of his greatest gifts.

Kumo

The Dean Martin homage at the end of "Some Girls..." is priceless, it puts a smile on my face everytime. It's an amazing track. Maybe you are too young to get all the references, Morrissey's sence of humor is one of his greatest gifts.

Kumo

Oh send me the pillow...

Back
Top Bottom