Morrissey Central "ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL" (October 23, 2022)

ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL

FF5E06E1-FD51-4C1F-993E-C178EF9B2802.jpeg

Saw this on instagram this morning, now a Central post.

Last edited by a moderator:
The phrase piss up and brewery come to mind. Things couldn’t get that bad surely.

Nice to see the quality of delusion still sits firmly in his aura that he thinks he would not lose his deposit.

It would be him and the Monster Raving Loony party racing to the two bottom spots.

The turnover's so fast we might miss the turns of you and Morrissey in no. 10! (though hardly)

But the hot seat goes for now to Rishi Sunak, huh? The best of a bad lot, from what I know, but still among ‘all the carnivores and destructors’ whose redundancy is becoming clear. Anyone else feeling jittery? Just when we’ve put a run of foot-in-mouth episodes behind us, along comes a one-time red rag.

I’ve been listening to Viva Hate –Margaret on the Guillotine as much as Bengali in Platforms. An album of substance.

I first saw Morrissey live at Dublin Castle in 2004, after You Are The Quarry came out, when he made an off-hand comment on learning Ronald Reagan had just died, which within days made major headlines critical of him and resulting in death threats against him. There was absolute pandemonium. I felt then he was admirably opposing war and conservative corporate government, and that’s when I came across Morrissey-solo.

If he could ignore the revolving door of backscratchers at number 10, wouldn’t it do for him and us, if we like, to consider himself prime minister of his own constituency?! Remember this t-shirt?View attachment 85412

Otherwise, barring oblique references, civil war may resume in Mozland, with all the strain and the pain again, renting the happy veil. What would we do then?
I was at that concert and remember it well. When Moz said that about Reagan I instantly thought "here we go with the press all over again". That was Alain's last concert (until recently) and might explain why Moz was crying during part of America Is Not The World (the "haven't you me with you now" set Moz off). It's also the first and thankfully last concert where I've seen security pull a drunken lout out by his nostrils. Ewwwww!

I was at that concert and remember it well. When Moz said that about Reagan I instantly thought "here we go with the press all over again". That was Alain's last concert (until recently) and might explain why Moz was crying during part of America Is Not The World (the "haven't you me with you now" set Moz off). It's also the first and thankfully last concert where I've seen security pull a drunken lout out by his nostrils. Ewwwww!
I’m glad I didn’t see the security incident! But it was a lively concert, as per m-solo post-show notes, which also indicate the kerfuffle that ensued

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/comments.pl?sid=15345&threshold=-1&commentsort=1&mode=thread

There’s an excellent, accurate and sometimes hilarious review too confirming your recollections, Acton, at http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g040605.htm

What a brilliant job Stephane used to do. Did he abandon ship for shared reasons? Does he follow news anymore?

I noticed there was another incident more recently that passed me by at the time regarding remarks Morrissey made about Trump in 2017 - https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...-breitbart-nme-washington-times.141406/page-5

Just as well ‘there is no one on earth [he’s] afraid of’!

The January 6 White House riot seemed to bring together people spurred on by multiple ideas of blame, packaged and polished on the internet over the past 5 or 10 years, driving us all mad. Too much information, and misinformation; fewer and fewer trustworthy sources or actors. For perspective on the confusion and corruption that had taken hold globally over the past century, see Adam Curtis’ brilliant six-part documentary Can’t Get You Out of my Head; An Emotional History of the 20th Century (part 1 here) There’s a lot about shifting UK regimes in it as well, and much-admired soundtracks.

Interesting how it always ends with "look, we let a woman in charge, and she made a mess of things" and a man is brought in to "fix" things, isn't it?
This of course wouldn't happen if women behaved like women instead of just being impotent male wannabiz with daddy tissues or whatever illness it is Maggie had.
If women, when in charge, made caring and intelligent decisions, as befits their gender, then things would be different. Then the world would be different.
Not gonna happen, is it?

Two good things about the Number 10 fiasco:
-we'll never see a private vid of Liz dancing. Please God no.
-The new guy doesn't speak too fast. In fact, to me his elocution is perfect. He is also suave-lookin' and megarich. So Morrissey will have to work very very hard to take his job from him.

Whereas, Biden, honestly, it'd be like taking candy from a baby.

Conglomerate global institutions also have the back of the new guy, probably at Britannia's expense, which is another challenge for Morrissey.

Here's an immigrant with strong views on fixing the UK economy - https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-bring-back-terrible-tex-mex-edible-economics

Re. those in charge doing things as 'befits their gender', can you actually say things like that anymore?! Although here are two revered female leaders who sort of agree! https://www.localfutures.org/progra...es-podcast/vandana-shiva-the-power-of-people/
The last ten minutes or so has the most topical content.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom